Player
    Character
    Rayan Ra
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90

[MSQ Spoilers] Poor Thancred

Ever since the waking sands got destroyed by the empire, there wasn't a single mention of the main members of the scions. This was annoying enough, you'd figure Alphinaud would at least be like
    "Hey their bodies aren't among the dead, maybe we should go find them." No instead you go off to do an entire campaign of petty chores for stair loving elves with giant sticks up their butt. And then
    magically later when Y'shtola and Yda show up you're all suprised like "Oh hey it's you, thought you were dead. Not that I cared to look or anything." So you find out that people have been taken to an
    imperial stronghold. 4 members. All described as being everyone but Thancred and no one even cares to wonder what happened to him. Is he the loser of the group of something?

Yeah I know I'm going to find out later but still. It's starting to bug me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dreamsoap; 09-13-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ren Kurosaki
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Oh that part X] The whole time I was wondering too, "where in the seven hells is Thancred?!" I was like super worried for him. However there will be a scene that reveals the truth. I was shocked when I finally discovered what happened and I felt stupid because the game gave an obvious hint and I missed it!! DX
    (1)
    Last edited by DreamAngel-Ren; 09-12-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Rayan Ra
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Hm, maybe I should go re-watch some cutscenes then before I find out. :-D
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rayan Ra
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Oh, I think I got it! So the last time you see him is before you go fight Titan and Minfilia tells him to go illicit help from the grand companies of which never happens. Then when you come back somehow magically the imperials know exactly where to look for you and capture/ kill everyone. Thancred is the only one unaccounted for, the only one who would know where it is. So somehow he's been captured prior to the trashing of waking sands or he's a double agent etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Just keep playing, more about the whereabouts of the Archons will be revealed soon enough.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Ren Kurosaki
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsoap View Post
    Oh, I think I got it! So the last time you see him is before you go fight Titan and Minfilia tells him to go illicit help from the grand companies of which never happens. Then when you come back somehow magically the imperials know exactly where to look for you and capture/ kill everyone. Thancred is the only one unaccounted for, the only one who would know where it is. So somehow he's been captured prior to the trashing of waking sands or he's a double agent etc.
    You're getting warmer, but just keep playing like Enkidoh said. Please respond to the thread again when you've reached the part
    (1)
    [super inactive on this Forum LOL]

Player
    Character
    Yui Tenshi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    LOL. I'm at the same spot in the story and had totally forgotten about Thancread until I saw this post.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rayan Ra
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Yui this might contain spoilers for you, dunno how far you got with the story since.

Ah! Well I got there. Turns out I was mostly right anyway, but did miss the clue. It's weird because when I re-watched earlier scenes I kept thinking, huh didn't he have a necklace? And then re-re-watched the last scene you see him in after the reveal and I was like... "Oh". I had subconsciously associated him with it but never thought twice about it. Annoyed me because I didn't see how you're supposed to know that because the information about the process of ascian possession isn't revealed until after you find out what happened. I don't really consider it a hint in that place. I think the mystery of the teleportation to the waking sands and how they knew where to find you works better.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ren Kurosaki
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsoap View Post
    Yui this might contain spoilers for you, dunno how far you got with the story since....
    You might want to hide your post because that is indeed a spoiler. XD However, from what you've explained, that was why I felt stupid because I didn't think twice about it.

Furthermore...
    The Garlean witch and her henchmen manage to teleport to the Waking Sands through Thancred since Lahabrea had possession of him; Lahabrea was playing as Thancred to tell them where the Scions were hiding. That's my theory on how they got there.
    (1)
    Last edited by DreamAngel-Ren; 09-16-2016 at 05:26 AM.
    [super inactive on this Forum LOL]

Player
    Character
    Thancred' Tsukino
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I love you for this post.
    (0)