Character
    Besputha Tomkova
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

Free Company Tracker Page

Hi!

I had created a page to track progress of our FC not so long ago. To see who joined, who changed their FC rank, see promotion suggestions and stuff like that. I even uploaded it to GitHub. I just updated it to turn it into a service.
    You can go either by this link to get there. You input some valid ID for a company in the "search field" and after some wait you will get a tracking page of your own like this one. It may seem like a vanity, but with proper configuration setup (not yet available for public) it can (and does) become a relatively useful tool.

At the moment you can't change anything to personalize your page, but I am thinking of ways to do it. If you have any suggestions for it - just tell me.
    (5)
    Last edited by Simbiat; 02-24-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Besputha Tomkova
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    There was a small bug, which caused page to refresh even when it was not required to grab new data resulting in infinite loop. It was fixed. Cache for all previously registered Companies was refreshed accordingly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Besputha Tomkova
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    As a temporary solution to allow some extent of user customization, I've added links to each company's "cache" files, which are used for creating the page. Just load the page and check the footer. Download the files you need, modify them, send them to me, I will check them and upload. Some description of the fields is available either in the files or on GitHub, but feel free to ask here, in case of questions.

A more permanent solution will be done with introduction of a new main page for my site (http://simbiat.ru that is), which will have registration system. It will be used to allow selected members to get authenticated as masters of the company. Such authentication will give access to special page(s), which will work as an editor of the settings. I hope, that some ground work for this will be done by end of the month, but... Well, I'll keep you posted (= I have a custom authentication system, but will need to review/update since and security is important.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aru Rako
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I have a question: I'd love having a visual progress depiction like that, but... How does registering work? I tried looking for some kind of ID as the site asks for numbers only but I can't find something like that anywhere.
    (0)
    dank meme

Player
    Character
    Besputha Tomkova
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakiria View Post
    I have a question: I'd love having a visual progress depiction like that, but... How does registering work? I tried looking for some kind of ID as the site asks for numbers only but I can't find something like that anywhere.
    Thank you for the question. If you go to Lodestone you will see that company links have the following structure: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...1035923213559/ . Notice the numbers at the end. This is a Company's ID. You use those numbers to register a Company on FCTracker. I thought about finding a way to use names, but, from what I see Lodestone has significant limitations so I can't grab the whole list of existing companies to allow such functionality. I won't stop looking for possible solutions, though.

BTW, GitHub has this explained, as well as some other stuff regarding "settings", but I will think of a way to make this all more convenient and accessible in future releases. With more customization.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Besputha Tomkova
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Thanks to Spirit Saintly from Cerberus server a bug was identified, where going to the "main" page without a slash at the end results in 404 error when viewing Company pages. Something wrong with .htaccess, it seems. I will look into it and fix it
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dirty Paws
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    This is actually quite cool, a useful tool to use for recruitment. Perhaps when you enable personalisation we could add a timetable/calendar to see weekly/bi-weekly events.

Another thing to look at, maybe add an option to display the ranks on separate lines.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Besputha Tomkova
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Genaxx View Post
    This is actually quite cool, a useful tool to use for recruitment. Perhaps when you enable personalisation we could add a timetable/calendar to see weekly/bi-weekly events.

Another thing to look at, maybe add an option to display the ranks on separate lines.
    If you mean a custom calendar, then, I guess, it will be possible. But if you mean integration of the one on Lodestone... I am not so sure here.

What do you mean by ranks on separate lines?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dirty Paws
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbiat View Post
    If you mean a custom calendar, then, I guess, it will be possible. But if you mean integration of the one on Lodestone... I am not so sure here.

What do you mean by ranks on separate lines?
    Yes a custom calendar separate from the lodestone.

Currently you have the player pictures 13 each row in a square. As an option to change that to 1 rank per 1 row. Potentially causing a triangle shape.

Master
    Officers
    Members
    Newbies
    etc.

My html is a bit rusty so i'm trying to think if this is even possible, due to us being able to name our ranks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Besputha Tomkova
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    At the moment through config files it's possible to change the number of members per row. So, as at the moment, this can't be done. BUT! In new version of the site (v2, if you like, more on this below), I do plan to allow leaders of a company to make flexible pages, including the presentation of members. I will start with ability to change the text only (company description and character description), but then will think of a way to do the same with tables, as well.

Calendar is a good idea, and, in fact, I was planning on implementing a feature for my own company to set "goals". This feature could benefit from a partner named Calendar.
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast