Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    Player
    Character
    Zalim Ramuh
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    To solve the item consumption problem, [Bind on Equip]. Sure I like to post items I'm done wearing but hey it will add more demand for items!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sorel Evans
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post
    Someone sighted the fact that the Player Pole said that people want the Dev team to Focus only on DoW/M and that they wanted to play DoL alone. This pole was not set up in a sufficient manner for you to draw those conclusions. People were forced to pick one option. Picking DoW/M was most common because it was the most broken. That is no longer the case. A new player pole, which we have been in serious need of, would show very different results now.
    The someone would be me. Well met.

And most of the community agrees with you that a new poll would be a good idea. However the case, the first two polls are not invalid. The work that we as a community asked Producer/Director Yoshida to prioritize is still not complete. There is more content, yes ... but there still isn't enough content. That cannot be completed until the class adjustments are completed so the Development Team doesn't have to balance the content twice.

The same thing can be said about the new recipes, the market wards, and all the higher priority features of the game. One objective leads to the next, which leads to the next. Jumping to the third objective while only 3/4 complete with the first objective is bad strategy and bad project management.

I would simply ask for patience from my fellow community members.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Wabo Cabo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I really like the idea of special drops from having land and hand in groups. I think one of the best ways of implementing it is to give them a standard attack 1-2 special abilities and then some kind of enhancement buff I think it would be awesome to make it so the lay down their second hand weapon and cause some kind of totem buff 5% str, con, or dex that would stack on other buffs so that they do no over lap other classes but they have some minor function to the group for balancing. With the new trait and ability progression you would have something to fill those slots.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    State Alchemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 55
    Building boats in the basement? Someone watches too much NCIS...
    (3)

I always had this idea of being DOL/DOH and then training in DOW/DOM using Jackie Chan style adaptation of the tools that DOL/DOH have the potential to master during their crafting skillups. I say 'Jackie Chan', not to be cliche but because he is known to make weaponry or creative use of mundane items especially cooking items for battle. He could take out an enemy with a chair or use "Fry Pan" lol <3 BLU .

Gatherer could be adaptable to essential ingredients for spells or wood/metals for staffs/ swords and why not make convenient so they can use these items? [ I just figured I would level both and make my own weapons/armor the way I did in XI]

For me, I enjoy crafting more than battle but always saw it as a necessity to make my own consumables and armor/weapons. I gardened, harvested ingredients and made my own armor, weapons, furniture, potions and food whenever possible.

I have heard of master samurai blade crafters being proficient in gathering all the materials through to the crafting of it into full completion of the weapon and then use it in order to sample their product for its quality in battle.

The difference perhaps would be that being both skilled in making the weapon and using it could give you special bonuses or actions in battle that are unique to people who are masters of the DOH/DOL and also the battle discipline. Example: The "Fry Pan" action only available to a proficient cook who changes into a battle class. A Specific spell variation only available to a gatherer who has gathered the ingredients for the spell and switches into the battle class that uses the spell.

In XI Cooking, the use of the special sushi type knife/blade for Cooks was essentially a SAM blade if I remember correctly and the incentives to get this blade were low since it was a low level weapon, but imagine if the blade could be used for higher level battle and cooking.

I like the idea of the DOL/DOH going along with the party in order to craft a key that they uniquely can craft, switch to a battle class and continue on with the party instead of [stress], sitting on the sidelines. I see the stress only with being unable to switch into that battle class.

Apologies for improper use of terminology and acronyms, I am still learning. [see profile lol]
    (0)
    Last edited by MStowastiqVahlshdeh; 11-26-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Strix: "Behold this collection of grimoires of legend! Feel their power and puissance, and let it fill you with rapturous pleasure...then DIE!"

<>.<>.<>
    Hai! I'm Vahl, in ur mmorpgs, sort'n my inventory and putt'n 2 many H's in my name since FFXI..
    FFXIV Inventory Tetris Champ

Player
    Character
    Luaq Otwelft
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 44
    Sorry if my english writing is bad, it ain't my first language.

In response to the producer's and team stress about "The triangular relationship between Disciples of War/Magic, Hand, and Land" and "The Future of FFXIV"

Disciples of land and hand to work together:
    In raids or even quests, I can see disciples of the land running back and towards the battlefield and gathering areas to collect and bring materials by the command of crafters that need those materials to create/repair not just gear but also camps to create strategic respawn points, man controlled battle catapults, air ships and even trenchs to keep thoses battle crafted machines far from the head quarters. You can see as much as me how this would actually bring raids to a whole other level. I even think it could create jobs such as scouts to identify where enemies stands, battle strategists that look over the battle field and see where help or pressure is needed. lastly, disciples of war and magic fighting in the front to keep the enemies from penetrating the head quarters and kill all the disciples of land and hand that would bring victory to the enemy.

As I see raids, it should be huge mmorpg real time battles that everyone would be as much important. I don't know how many players could be in the same raid at once though if we take the example of guild wars 2 saying they are building raids worlds vs worlds pvp ( server vs server ) with 100+ to 1000 players I imagine ffxiv could and SHOULD do as much if FFXIV want's to be the epic mmorpg in the market and get as much as subcribers to pay off all the work.This could actually bring sense to the favors of the gods.

Wouldn't you want to participate in such an epic real time event?

Side line thought: I think players would also like "secret" unlocks, hidden dongeons, and some be chosen for a bigger role in this world and make a huge difference in world vs world wars : A class that would be more than rare, a class that commands and call opon gods, the summoner! Now don't get me wrong here, I am not asking for a class to be added since everyone did that, I'm asking for one to be awarded or givien by "faith" if you want. I mean, to communicate with gods/guardians forces/summons you have to be special or lucky. So what I'm suggesting here would be similar to the same idea that was brought in another game; Star wars Galaxies, where you couldn't become a Jedi just like that. It was a force that people were looking for or waiting to appear in front of there eyes. I think it would bring something to strive for. Even better than this, the summoner wouldn't choose which guardian but it would choose the player instead depending on how he played with his character.

My ideas posted here are for remembering the SE team that player to world interaction is what will keep players continue to play. I must say, I fear the loading area's, I think it might bring the community appart and seperated.
    (0)
    Last edited by Luaq; 12-05-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: forgot to subscribe by mail

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12