World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Xero View Post
    Reduce all classes to 2 buttons.

Heavy Attack
    Light Attack

By pressing these buttons either rapidly or in alternating orders it will always perform all optimal skills.
    Oh god, I'm having flash backs to the early days of 1.0. I say NO NO NO to this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandor View Post
    I assume they plan to back away from the 'buff maintenance' they added to several jobs.

Some people find it fun, but not enough people to justify so many jobs having a variant of it.
    That's the thing, though. Not every job should be about stacks or buffs or <insert other overused mechanic>. You can have jobs with varying levels of difficulty or focused on certain mechanics while excluding others. When ROG/NIN was implemented, some people expectedly switched mains because ROG/NIN was not chained to positional attacks the way MNK and DRG were. This is also why people lost their shit when the devs talked about wanting to add positionals to NIN; the very thing they were trying to get away from was being forced on them through lack of alternatives.
    What was mentioned was an exclusion—not a broadened inclusion—though, and already certain buff maintenance mechanics work almost identically to each other (BotD and Enochian) while also feeling more like mere CDs than any augmented gameplay or rotations when used in typical open-world combat. If anything, going by your quote I figured you'd think they should be more varied (in some cases by not being a matter of buff "maintenance")?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vulcwen Mhasi
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I think the easiest way to make things easier is to make the DPS difference between keeping something up or not would be smaller, or shortening the time you would be without said buff. Some changes can think of here is:
    Eno/BotD cooldown from 60s to 40s.
    Aethertrail Attunement staying around for a minute instead of 30s.
    AF/UI/Eno checks only occurring the start of the cast, and no longer interrupting the cast when the buff expires (although the damage would still be lower when a F4 lands without F3/eno, you're not losing an entire cast).
    Greased Lightning no longer providing the damage buff (damage increase built in the skills), and only the attack speed buff.

All these changes won't change the optimal rotation much, but will make the DPS loss for not performing that perfect rotation much lower, meaning it's easier to just focus on a mechanic and pick up the rotation afterwards.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Johnny Knives
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

How I would like Rotations to be made easier

My -hope- is that they're going to combine abilities or even make some into traits, and streamline the duration/cooldown timers on many abilities for simpler management.

For instance, DRG weaponskill "Heavy Thrust" could be nixed in favor of a trait that adds the effect of heavy thrust to "True Thrust" while increasing the duration. DRG weaponskill "Phlebotomize" could be taken out and have it's DoT added to "Chaos Thrust".

"Power Surge" could be made into a trait that increases "Jump" damage such that it amounts to the same thing in the long term.

BRD's "Bloodletter" ability could be made into a perpetual ability (like MNK "Fist of" abilities, ends on reuse) that adds an additional 150 potency auto-attack every 15 seconds, as well as whenever "River of Blood" procs. Timer displayed on hotbar and status icon.

Stuff like that would improve rotations and make it easier to maintain a proper DPS.

That's the type of change I would like to see, but across all classes.
    (2)

Character
    Zanku Hado
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    My main problem with rotations is that they're way to scripted. Especially for DPS. I can't even play dps end game with all the skills and rules they have. One mess up and the dps is shit. Which is why I commend those who beat a3 a4s when it was relevant.

They would be smart to start replacing old skills or seriously consider trimming it down.
    Eventually after x amount of expansions we'll reach level 100, and that means 20 more skills will be added on top of what we have. That's something I don't want to stick around for.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I expect them to remove useless spells and skill by either totally removing them from the game or doing a bit like in GW2 where the spell change everytime you press it as your progress into your combo so instead of having 3 spells for your basic rotation you'd have 1 that just change to the next one as you smash it.
    I don't agree with people saying "this" would make the game too easy in the sens that smashing 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3 doesn't much more skill than spamming 1 1 1 1 1 1
    It would just free spell slot on your keyboard / controller.
    Some spell could also see a great rewhole, things like Apocatastasis while good in raid are very dull. There are currently too many CD in the game with enormeous duration imo.
    Also, a hard rotation isn't necearly an interesting rotation. They could make a 6 dots 8 active skill 5 out of cooldown skill rotation which could be extremly hard to master and yet dull as fuck and inninteresting.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raegen Beaumont
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    i find it really hard to imagine how certain jobs could become easier. sure i guess you could take out comboless DoTs like mutilate, touch of death or phlebotomize. they could reduce the number of available combos per job. mnk e.g. could be more stream lined by actually giving it set combos, same for mch. give an enmity multiplier to the other tank combos and get rid of the enmity combo.
    but in the end some of the jobs won't feel like they did so far or even worse, they will all play more or less the same.
    though i think certain mechanics could be made a bit easier (enochian, blood of the dragon, shadow fang applying the slashing debuff and getting rid of dancing edge this way, Hotshot, etc.]
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I can't possibly imagine this game being easier than it already is without being brain dead to boot.

It's already possible to hit 80% of the-best-possible-performance while being extremely sub-optimal.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Daisy Day
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 71
    hmmm, i really hope they prune abilities. there are so many buttons it's hard to use them all, esp with short fingers imo. i'm sure some people manage perfectly fine but it's a pain in the butt for me lol
    i don't think a bloat of abilities makes it more interesting, actually, i think more variety in how to string skills together would be more fun. instead of one main/basic combo there could be more.. idk. that's probably not something they can do easily though. someone mentioned gw2, i liked that. a little different though. elementalist in gw2 was fun but other classes i tried as a bit boring at first. but something like that, yeah.
    esp if every time theres new lvls you get new buttons and then theres the cross class skills like blood for blood and swiftcast
    bleh
    (1)
    Last edited by boopadoop; 09-27-2016 at 06:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jaen Mandar
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    So if we want to go with predictions, here's mine for BLM in 4.0:

Enochian - Increases magic damage by 5% and reduces the mana cost of Fire IV / Blizzard IV.

So Enochian is still a buff you manage for optimal effect (read: more Fire IV casts) but it's not necessarily required for optimal dps output on a per cast basis (Fire IV and Blizzard IV retain their current damage).

Personally, and this is just me speaking, I'd rather they just make Thunder a 'third' element to use in 4.0, but more on that some other day. >.>

As for White Mage, here's my probably unpopular opinion:
    - Cure 3 needs removed or outright changed from an overpowered AE heal. (I'd personally change it to a single target heal + regen component)

I'm not going to go into the reasons why it's an overpowered AE heal; I think we all know why, which is precisely the problem.
    (0)
    Last edited by dvoraen; 10-01-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast