Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 442
  1. #1
    Player
    Nalien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,784
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64

    Patch 3.4 - Soul Surrender

    I figured we could do with a new thread to discuss/speculate some of this, and well... Everything I knew is a lie...
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player
    Frederick22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,353
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    We will get a trial or instance with the WoD's, fire circule
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player
    Nalien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,784
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Great Gumball Library (Hard)?! Excuse me while I scream into the Void at the lack of Snowcloak (Hard)...

    Xelphatol as the other dungeon... Pushing towards Ala Mhigo I guess, but damn... My heart can't take this... First Mhach, now this... These could be whole zones on their own, not instances... /cries

    On a more... Positive note? Alexander makes me happy... This in particular fans my theory that the planet/Hydaelyn is just a really big Primal...

    Oh, Sophia is the next for the Warring Triad? Let me get back to screaming...
    (13)

  4. #4
    Player
    Frederick22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,353
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    Great Gumball Library (Hard)?! Excuse me while I scream into the Void at the lack of Snowcloak (Hard)...

    Xelphatol as the other dungeon... Pushing towards Ala Mhigo I guess, but damn... My heart can't take this... First Mhach, now this... These could be whole zones on their own, not instances... /cries

    On a more... Positive note? Alexander makes me happy... This in particular fans my theory that the planet/Hydaelyn is just a really big Primal...

    Oh, Sophia is the next for the Warring Triad? Let me get back to screaming...
    So Xelphatol being a dungeon, means that it will not be a zone for 4.0?
    (2)

  5. #5
    Player
    Ceasaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    1,228
    Character
    Ceasaria Pheonixia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    I called it there will not be Snowcloak hard because its music was added at 3.3 ^^
    I guess we will have one other of the Heavensward dungeon as hard for 3.5 too.
    With the Gubal Library back, could we expect to have access to the lore of Eorzea via books ?

    I hope we could visit Xelphatol later on 4.0.
    It's an area too big to be just one dungeon.
    (5)
    Last edited by Ceasaria; 08-27-2016 at 09:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Player
    Nalien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,784
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick22 View Post
    So Xelphatol being a dungeon, means that it will not be a zone for 4.0?
    Well, I guess we got Snowcloak and Coerthas Western Highlands...

    Wonder why we're going into Xelphatol exactly... Oh... Right... The new housing stuff would appear to be accessed from the existing housing zones, does that leave that Lily Hills line of speculation free for something else now? Xelphatol has Ixali enemies, so one hopes for a return to conflicts with the old beast tribes... Damlet Hefense? Pleeeeeeeaseeeee...

    Anyone able to translate some of the UI elements show? Wondrous Tails sounds like my new favorite content by virtue of involving my favorite NPC, and GC Platoons looks... Far more involved than I was expecting... Still kinda looks like GC Ventures, though...

    I'm calling it though... The big bad truth is that Hydaelyn is a Primal... We had Bahamut, with an oddly familiar crystal heart... Now we've got Alexander, much larger and able to sustain a small civilization, with a familiar blue crystal heart... The planet is a Primal... That's got to be it... We exist to fight Primals... If we knew what Hydaelyn truly was... Who would we side with... Nope, Elidibus, that's still not going to work... I kinda need a planet to live on...
    (5)
    Last edited by Nalien; 08-27-2016 at 03:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Player
    myahele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    4,372
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    This look like a desert area, could this be somewhere in Thanalan or possibly where Yda and Papalymo (and the Masks) are hiding?


    Xelphaltol being a dungeon was surprising, I wonder if this is what the Masks were planning? Afterall, Xelphaltol borders Gyr Abania/ Ala Mhigo.

    "Soul Surrender" is quite an interesting title since it can be interpreted in that plenty of people have "surrendered" their souls: Dayun (Mide's BF) sucked into Alaxanders core, Ixal's devotion to Garuda,Minfilia giving herself up to Hydaelyn. Wonder if the WoD gave up something similar.

    I can't wait till we find out more about The Truth
    (4)
    Last edited by myahele; 08-27-2016 at 03:20 PM.

  8. #8
    Player
    Enkidoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ala Mhigo
    Posts
    6,321
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I think Xephlatol will probably just be something along the lines of trying to find a route to the Ala Mhigo Front that avoids detection by the Garleans or something, hence what better way than right through a beastmen area where the Garleans would never think we would go? I doubt the Great Gubal Library (Hard) will be for anything other than a side story that is not directly connected with the main scenario though.

    Really I'm most looking forward to facing down Evil!Derplander and his cronies... although that image seemed to show the elezen female BLM preparing a BLM Limit Break.... (as pointed out to me by a FC friend), which is going to suck....

    Either way, can't wait til the end of September!
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

    Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Save the Adventurer, save the worlds.

  9. #9
    Player
    Frederick22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,353
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    Well, I guess we got Snowcloak and Coerthas Western Highlands...
    Bu the dungeon was called Snowcloak, not "western Highlands". This place has the very same name than the big zone or country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidoh View Post
    I think Xephlatol will probably just be something along the lines of trying to find a route to the Ala Mhigo Front that avoids detection by the Garleans or something, hence what better way than right through a beastmen area where the Garleans would never think we would go? I doubt the Great Gubal Library (Hard) will be for anything other than a side story that is not directly connected with the main scenario though.
    We had no confirmation that the dungeon has a relation whatsoever with the main scenario or did we?
    (3)
    Last edited by Frederick22; 08-27-2016 at 03:24 PM.

  10. #10
    Player
    Nalien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,784
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    I just noticed...



    That Ixali has two pistols... Am I interested that they have that kind of technology? Am I perhaps speculating Sky Pirate Ixali? Nope, I'm annoyed I don't get to dual wield pistols... Excuse me while I add to my Phoenix Wright style freak out...
    (10)
    Last edited by Nalien; 08-27-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast