Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Cambris Atarka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 56
    Yeah the novice guides are a good idea. The main issue I have with them (outside of not having any regular/reliable times for recording audio) is one of discoverability. I started this youtube channel in April this year and while my guides are on one of the wiki sites, my channel is still extremely small. It's easy to get traffic for encounter videos (due to putting them on the wiki) but I've not really anywhere that I can put those sorts of guides.

Even if I were to make really nice ones, new FF players are hardly likely to stumble upon my channel while the information in the guides is still helpful. Even though 90% of my traffic comes from the FF guides (with me mainly being a 'let's play' type youtuber doing these guides on the side), as long as my channel is still so small, I've no real ideas where to put those sorts of guides so new players can see them.

Not that I would be against making them though, I'm more than happy to do anything within my guide-creating powers :P

-

For unsynced coil guides, I've not actually done any parts of the coil before. While I'm not afraid of learning, I have done unsynced pug runs for ifrit ex, garuda ex, titan ex, ultima weapon hard and Urth's Fount - almost all of which were extremely painful.

Having no idea about the coil, I'm unsure as to whether it's something likely to give me similar levels of headache as doing the runs previously mentioned with pugs.
    (0)
    Last edited by TSDS; 08-30-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cambris Atarka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 56
    So I've updated the OP with some shizzle. Let me know if you've any cool tips and tricks or new player suggestions that you would like to share!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cambris Atarka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 56
    Episode 1 of my new player guide is complete! https://youtu.be/rSFesaPaFlc

Unfortunately due to current real-life constraints, these guides will likely come out rather slowly but It was enjoyable to make which is nice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cambris Atarka
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 56
    Episode 2 of my NPG has just been finished. OP has been updated but you can check it out here https://youtu.be/xuttxWLfaRo
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4