Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Oran Gemeo
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 83
    My first four weapons all went to jobs that couldn't even use them. I see no reason AT ALL I should have been allowed to even obtain those weapons. That was a huge slap in the fast. Not to mention I would get a couple of duplicate of these before they even dropped the ones I was after. A decent fix would be: No duplicate / No obtaining gear for non-50 jobs.
    (0)
    My goal is to get my Blue Mage Thread seen by Yoshida!

Support the thread and its idea! - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/333552-FFXIV-Blue-Mage-Could-It-Work-I-think-it-can...-and-here-s-how%21

Remember! #bluemagexiv!

Player
    Character
    Keftenk Duras
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    What really sucks is going into Ifrit, only playing healing, getting 7 weapons that you won't ever use while your tank struggles to get the god damn battleaxe ;=;
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bladed Arms
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by tachikoma View Post
    My only issue is duplicates and not being able to trade, I dont' like the idea that I bring along an extra 8th who has never won the fight and he gets a drop where other ppl in the group have over 20-30 wins and they might be getting nothing. Similarly annoying is the key drop items not going to loot list.
    But you realize, that the way it is currently, its his drop right? its not like ifrit drops 10 items, each player who has met the requirements and hunted tapers gets a chance an item. all he gets is a chance, just like everyone else who participated in that fight.

I mean i see your point, but honestly i dont think giving people items is a great solution either. Basically forces items to players based on a structure outside of the game mechanics. You went this many times, you do this many events, you talk to me when im lonely. Every player in the fight should have the same chance at whatever item. How many times someone you never played with before won or lost his personal gamble is irrelevant.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    If they don't just simply allow the Ifrit weapons to drop to players' loot lists and let people pass or take them as necessary, then I can think of several solutions after defeating Ifrit:

1 - Have a cutscene after the battle where Ifrit bestows his power upon you in the form of one of the weapons, and each party member can CHOOSE which one they want from a menu. A friend of mine said that they did something like this in FF11 when fighting the summon monsters. Also, have some other item or option just in case you already have all the weapons.

2 - As Doulifee said, have Ifrit drop a horn or some other item that a high-level crafter could use to make any of the weapons.

3 - A reward in the form of a special currency, similar to Guild Marks, Company Seals, or Runestones, that can be traded to an NPC for any of the weapons, or possibly other things.

I can deal with the items having a low drop rate (I played PSO and PSU, so I'm used to it lol), but having items not go to the loot list first so you can pass them to the people who actually need them is just stupid. I don't know why they thought it'd be a good idea for Unique/Untradeable items to drop directly to your inventory in parties...
    (0)
    Last edited by Tetsaru; 11-10-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bisera Cecilina
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Rentahamster View Post
    It's just has more functionality for those people who want/need it.

Mostly it's for people who play within an LS or amongst ppl they know, so they can allocate drops fairly.

Amongst pick up groups, everyone's gonna loot "need" anyway. You can think of FF11's system is a "need and greed" system where everyone picks "need" by default.

Fair enough, you make a very valid point. FFXI's was basically all need or all greed depending on the situation.

Even so, I just think it's a bit pointless even among LS mates. Especially among LS mates and people they know.

In FFXI when I would do endgame with my shell we knew who was getting what without the need/greed system. For endgame people would have an LS site they registered on and stated which gear/items they would be lotting.

When with a casual LS... well this didn't really become an issue because well... in casual LS's people didn't usually do the sort of thing that would require need/greed lotting. Usually people helped one another but that's a different ball of wax.

As for when one is with friends... Well, to be perfectly honest everyone always knew what the other wants or needs because it would be discussed.

o .o;
    (1)

Player

Damm the current system!

RAWR~!
    (0)
    " As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear because I am the meanest *** in the whole valley. "
    - GEN. George S. Patton.

Hey gang, Yoshida made a post a bit ago about the 1.20 plans for revising Ifrit-related drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hi, this is Yoshida, the producer/director.

Regarding rare drops in the Bowl of Embers (Hard), in patch 1.20 we will be adding new methods to obtain the highly-sought after weapons when defeating Ifrit multiple times.

Of course, we looked into the idea of placing the weapons directly into a player’s loot list, but we were worried about unscrupulous actions taking place while players sort out who gets which weapon. (Although /random will be implemented in 1.20)

In 2.0, we will be implementing a Need/Greed/Pass system for item distribution, but it's very difficult to implement with the current server structure, which we tried very hard to do, and I’d like to apologize for the continued inconvenience this is causing.

This is similar to the OP's suggestion, but we have decided to preserve the current drop rates for weapons and individual chests. And in addition to the reward weapon, we will introduce an item that can be traded to an NPC for a weapon. This new item will drop at a fixed rate, and will be loot list-tradable, so you will have an opportunity to pass it to another player. (Updated on 11/22, 6:45pm PST for clarity)

This system will be used for every primal battle going forward. (And if we tweak the system, the changes will apply to every primal battle) Of course the drop rates and items necessary for trading will be different for each battle, so please keep that in mind.
    (62)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Apathy Emerald
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    In 2.0, we will be implementing a Need/Greed/Pass system for item distribution, but it's very difficult to implement with the current server structure, which we tried very hard to do, and I’d like to apologize for the continued inconvenience this is causing.
    Of course it is... I wander why we are still asking for the most basic features when we all already know the answer.

Btw all I see are excuses for a horrible design choice, the avoiding of the solution that makes more sense and another horrible design choice in return.

Keep the good job guys <3
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Krausus Dracul
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Hey gang, Yoshida made a post a bit ago about the 1.20 plans for revising Ifrit-related drops.
    This certainly will help though I still prefer the weapon to just go into the lootlist, there where no issues with DH when distributing loot.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Athaya Morwen
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    This is better than what we currently have at least
    (3)

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast