Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyona View Post
    snip
    You really need to learn to seperate your emotional response from the logical discussion on how the game should be played. "How the game should played" is an entirely different subject from "how people should be treated", I thought this thread was about the former, not the latter.

Everyone has their right to play the game how they want and think how they want. But when discussing how the game should be played, the conversation has to be based on facts and logic, numbers and math. If that's not interesting to you, then don't take part in the discussion, especially not by only expressing your emotional charge on what people aren't even discussing about.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Reigne Bo
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
    You really need to learn to seperate your emotional response from the logical discussion on how the game should be played. "How the game should played" is an entirely different subject from "how people should be treated", I thought this thread was about the former, not the latter.r
    There it comes sgain not only telling people how they should play but now how they should repsond to others incorrect assumptions and judgements as well. Sorry to disapoint you but you cannot control what I say or do. It wasnt me that deviated this thread into discussions about my performance either and that certainly wasnt backed up by logic or facts. So please tell this to the correct person. And if you read my post you will see that I was discussing how I think the game should be played I just disagree that its always got to be played one way. Quote ' you must be very limited skill level' or ' you never done any current thordan' etc. Where are the facts to back these statements for example? And Mr know it all is telling me that I dont know anthing about the game as well as implying in previous posts that I shouldnt have an opinion about it and even assumes that hes qualified to tell me what level of sensitivity I have so please if you want to correct someone please do it to the right people
    (0)
    Last edited by Feyona; 04-17-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Yeah, nevermind. I'm not going to even try and explain what I meant. For the record, your personal experience with content isn't really interesting. The only thing that matters is actual arguments, yours are generally just really weak or beside the point.

For the sake of discussion, I just think it'd be a lot healthier to seperate the topics between what healers should actually do in gameplay, and how to deal with interpersonal relations and various skill levels of different healers. One is a question of mathematics, the other a question of morals. Mixing the two just gets super messy, as I'm sure we've all seen.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Reigne Bo
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    The 2 things are sort of linked if you consider how people are treated if they dont play how others are expecting them to. But apart from that I dont really think that people should start making assumptions about my performance when I talk about what I think of healer dps. Just because I dont think it should be forced on healers by groups, as I really think its becoming too pressurising for people. I think so because of what I exprience on the game and seeing healers struggle. Not saying everyyone does but I know I struggle sometimes if I have a co healer frantically dpsing, because they are expected to. Now as for interpersonal relationships, if you start derrogating someone then most people should know by now that your not going to get a favourable response. So why people on here think that derrogating someone's assumed performance is useful to the discussion I have no idea. Really though your not going to find that everyone is interested in all posts
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    @Feyona
    If you don't want to play to the expectations of the other 7 people in the party then don't. At the same time don't complain if you get kicked because the other 7 disagree. If you want to play a set way then find 7 other like-minded individuals who want to play the same as you. Unfortunately that's how MMO's work you go with the majority and adapt to each party.

It's the same when joining a random group in PF I have seen different strats when doing things like A9s. I adapt and follow how the group does it remembering the main elements from the normal strategy.

You call it acting like sheep I call it acting like a team.
    (8)
    Last edited by Masekase_Hurricane; 04-17-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Eileen White
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    'SNIP'
    From what I read, it's better off just dropping interpersonal stuff in this thread as @Kitfox said.

How you think the game should be played is subjective to others, as they have their own way of playing. This thread was for trying to understand why people expect Healers to DPS for the most part, and also what pros and cons there are to doing such in any setting. I'm probably reiterating myself from somewhere in this thread, but since Gordias Savage everyone's gone on edge about DPS because it became more prominent than it was back in ARR and has still been the same case for Midas and also Alexander due to how the raid meta changed.

We've heard how Yoshida and his crew work on raids: They playtest them and Healer DPS isn't accounted for in raids when they create these; just normal DPS. For the most part, it's extra DPS that Healers can contribute if they find the 'window' for it based on the 5s CD on CS after use and on a high level is used to help push fights faster, especially DPS heavy fights like A11S that require a lot from the whole raid to complete.

On another note, using CS is already improving yourself to play on a higher level than what you are now, but of course it's mainly a choice for the player to make based on their experience and also their understanding of when/where to use it. When it comes to most content, you can easily do it with only having to heal, but it's mainly based on how the DPS do with their damage rotations and Tanks using proper CDs for certain things(and most importantly, people following MECHANICS).

Since it's getting late, I'm going to leave the rest of what I have here:

Cleric Stance
    Pros
    - Extra Damage output from Healer to make Raid Damage higher
    - Some fights reward very high raid damage output with skipping certain mechanics(A11S specifically focuses on that)
    - Lower time in dungeons/raids

Cons(WHM)
    - MP issues and punished for using Cleric Stance too much due to SoS and Assize being their only MP Regeneration utilities

Cons(SCH)
    - Lower healing support from SCH in favor of more DPS due to Eos providing free HoTs, Magic Def +20%, and Healing +20% to raid
    - Possible bad Stack management for upcoming Raid Busters that require Sacred Soil/Indomitability/Lustrate in favor of using Energy Drain for MP and damage

Cons(AST)
    - Depends on Stance. Diurnal means they have to be extra careful of how they spend their resources even with their MP Regeneration, since they only have one way to regenerate MP through abilities; the other being hidden behind RNG. Nocturnal doesn't really have this issue, but still needs to be wary of resources just like WHM does.

This is just my input, so if it offends or if I make a mistake, I'll try to correct it or discuss.
    (1)
    Last edited by HyperiusUltima; 04-17-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    So why people on here think that derrogating someone's assumed performance is useful to the discussion I have no idea. Really though your not going to find that everyone is interested in all posts
    I'll do you a TLDR to help make swallowing this a little easier for you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate little flower with limited end game experience View Post
    Raid wide DPS doesn't matter! It's not important how fast you kill stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders with experience and researched facts to back it up
    You're correct for casual content and raids with echo, but for current pre nerf content it's actually very important that everyone contributes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicate little flower with limited end game experience View Post
    You don't know me!/Why bully!/#Chewbacca Argument!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebazy View Post
    I'll do you a TLDR to help make swallowing this a little easier for you <3
    Its not worth it, from what I have experienced in 50 pages of headaches is that arguing with Feyona is like trying to play chess with a pidgeon, shes far too concerned with her own personal grievances and political biases than logical sense behind mechanics, maths, and social behavior.

(for those who don't understand: http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...Pigeon%20chess)
    (2)
    Last edited by Lambdafish; 04-17-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reigne Bo
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Well for a start I dont think I disagree that healer dps is more optimal. Yes you could say that I am more concerned about the game experience and enjoyability for not just myself but other people as well. No I dont like undue pressure put on people unnecessarily, and seeing the difficulty almost every day. This is a game, its supposed to be enjoyed in my opinion, pressure is not really what I call enjoyment. Plus whatever you assume about me or my personality, or how I play or what I listen to or not. I for one would like to enjoy the game, without listening to a friend co healer panicing trying to fit in dps, rez people keep poeple alive dodge mechanics and not have to worry about being kicked as well cos we not dpsing enough.
    (0)
    Last edited by Feyona; 04-17-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    The 2 things are sort of linked if you consider...
    No, they're not. If the argument is 2+2=4, you can not argue back that the 2 should be a 1 because it feels too much pressure to be a 2. It just doesn't work like that.
    (5)

Page 138 of 176 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast