Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Chief Currahee
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    any info available on how target selection priority will work in ver 2.0?

Will it stay the same as it is now? Will we have options to choose from? will SE release a new controller that allows us to use our brain waves to select on screen targets?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCurrahee View Post
    any info available on how target selection priority will work in ver 2.0?

Will it stay the same as it is now? Will we have options to choose from? will SE release a new controller that allows us to use our brain waves to select on screen targets?
    From what's been shown in SS it looks like you'll be able to be more flexible with targeting options in the sense that you can easily make macros for it.

Since they have things like T=Tank, A=Attack S=Support you can set a person to tank then all the macros you have set to target tank will target the tank rather than having to type in the persons name for said macros.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    This is going to be one of the things I will pester SE about in 2.0 beta if they don't fix it before that.
    (2)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    If they don't fix targeting monsters and players properly in 2.0 I swear to the gods I will

RAGE.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Just realized a couple of things that should be fixed as well:

- friendly skills should have their subtarget filter set to "friendly" automatically
    - hostile skills should have their subtarget filter set to "enemy" automatically

Can't count the times I read the "xxx can not be casted on a friendly target"
    ORLY?! Then why give me the option to select it as a target anyway?
    (4)

[ AMD Phenom II X4 970BE@4GHz | 12GB DDR3-RAM@CL7 | nVidia GeForce 260GTX OC | Crucial m4 SSD ]

Player
    Character
    Zetsumei Tsunarashi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Soukyuu View Post

- friendly skills should have their subtarget filter set to "friendly" automatically
    - hostile skills should have their subtarget filter set to "enemy" automatically

Yea I've been having this problem lately when doing caravans and hamlet. Even though I have the target mode set to Enemy, I am able to target the NPCs in the caravan with my damage spells which makes it difficult to intercept the enemies if they spawn right on top of the caravan.

The same thing happens in hamlets since there are NPCs everywhere there. The targeting modes work fine when you are trying to select a target the first time, but when using the sub-target, it doesn't work.

As someone who plays with a controller, I find it's faster to target myself to access the action bar, and then choose a target with the subtarget. It slows you down when you have to back out of the action bar, select a new target, then click your spell again. This is especially annoying in caravan when half the time the mobs are dead before you can even target one. I find myself using blizzara more than anything simply because I don't need to target anything to use it.

Please fix targeting modes so that they effect the subtarget as well.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi; 07-01-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Player

fix.........
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Quichy Sturmbruch
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by viion View Post

And please give me an option to turn of "Target what is Targetting me", its SOOO annoying being forced to a specific target because its hitting me.
    heh why??!. that is quiet good how it is..

when you got attacked by someone he is already selected and you just need to press enter... and not tab and enter instead..
    that makes real sense. im not sharing your opinion at all.

that is in most every MMO out of there..

but i agree with the OP.

??

but you first select the target you want to attack and then press the attack spell.. and not the way around that you first press fire for example and then press enter on any selected target?...
    how do you play?

spaming fire spells regardless on which target, eh? XD

what would maybe be good, that you can have two target selections. a friendly target and a hostile target.. and then when you want to cure its casted on the friendly target, and when you want to cast a dd spell, its casted on your hostile target.

like the system in WAR
    (0)
    Last edited by Tonkra; 07-02-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Crim Soukyuu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsumei_Tsunarashi View Post
    Please fix targeting modes so that they effect the subtarget as well.
    I actually filed a bug report for this, and it got submitted, so maybe the way it works atm wasn't intended anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkra View Post
    but you first select the target you want to attack and then press the attack spell.. and not the way around that you first press fire for example and then press enter on any selected target?...
    how do you play?
    I often have myself selected for buffs, or have someone targeted for healing. When I then want to cast an offensive spells, I don't retarget but use subtarget instead - this is what it's for.

And in case of let's say, WAR/PLD, you will have your primary target, but will want to pull the ads with provoke, want to collusion/cover someone. With current subtargeting, you will still have to cycle through ALL the targets regardless of you being able to execute the skill on them or not.

what would maybe be good, that you can have two target selections. a friendly target and a hostile target.. and then when you want to cure its casted on the friendly target, and when you want to cast a dd spell, its casted on your hostile target.
    That's pretty much what auto-setting the subtarget filter would do, I think having two targets selected would be a bit confusing to code and maybe even confusing for the player too.
    (2)

Hey everyone!

While we will not be able to do much more for the target system in the current version, I would like to go over some improvements planned for 2.0.

When fighting multiple enemies, if you have ever found it difficult to target a monster you are not auto-attacking so you can execute an action on it; in version 2.0 we will be making it easier by allowing you to place the mouse over another target and execute actions on them. We will also add a similar system for gamepads and we are currently looking into the best way to implement this.

We will be making it so when you select an action to execute, irrelevant things are not targeted (ex: you will not target gathering points when selecting a magic spell) and it will be instantly executed for things that you do not need to press/confirm twice.

As mentioned in previous interviews, we will be totally revamping the gamepad controls in version 2.0, as well as preparing optimized UI and control methods for both gamepads and mouse/keyboard.

The current focus right now is on tuning and optimizing the mouse and keyboard controls to make it feel like modern day MMOs. We will definitely be looking forward to the feedback we receive once everyone tries out the new control functions during the upcoming beta test!
    (51)
    Okipuit - Community Team

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast