Player
    Character
    Micro Mage
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60

Moonfire Event Items

So.. instead of getting great swimsuits and other cool items for the event this year.. we're getting Power ranger outfit/pose and a.... BIRDCAGE! Not sure how that makes any sense... #ggSE

Funny thing is.. the 2 swimsuit items they added in 3.3 are labeled as "moonfire" and on my server (Jenova) they cost 1.6-2mil for each piece. Then they added "moonfire" and other "summer" related items on the MogStation..

So.. pay 1.6-2mil for a swimsuit this year.. and spend real world money on the items that SE wanted to be greedy with, instead of making them the event items? Hmm.. thank you I guess?

Nice way of saying "thanks for paying for this game for months/years upon months/years!) #ggSE

~This is my opinion, so spare me the comments of "This is your opinion, not the opinion of the community's in general.. blah, blah, blah.." If you don't like my opinion, move on, your comments need not apply.~
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Noyoyo Noyo
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Deja Vu.
    /10char
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Micro Mage
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    Square-Enix on Game Design for FFXIV: "FATES!!!!!!!!!!!!" "MOGSTATION!!!!"
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eoko Lucke
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I don't see what the issue is? They decided to do a different theme for this year's event. Maybe they thought some people who have been playing for years didn't want to sit there and do fates for yet another swimsuit. They wouldn't have been the same ones as last year anyway. That's why they add last year's items to the Mog Station. They don't generally recycle the exact same rewards, regardless of which event you're talking about.

Personally, the Ranger gears makes me want to do this on at least 3 characters I have and possibly more. If it were just more swimsuits I don't know. I only have the Moonfire ones you're talking about on one character, and only the body piece. So they are hardly as coveted to me. And I like the ability to choose whether I want them. Maybe it would be nice if things like that didn't use costly material, but chances are you could still get it cheaper if you bought mats and had someone make it than buying it outright.

Obviously it's a tie in with the Power Ranger movie or w/e and I think we're getting a lot more out of this event because of it, rather than just another Moonfire Faire with swimsuits and fireworks.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Caprice Shiften
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I must have six or seven swimsuit variants between my retainer and armoir already. They're nice and all but this event was a wonderful change of pace as far as my opinion goes. The armor looks nice, is all-class, and the poses are great. If it wasn't for the broken bomb quest it would honestly most likely be my favorite seasonal event so far, between the rewards and overall theme. Even the two fates are pretty fun, or at the very least will be once they're not swamped and getting completed instantly.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Gelid Doe
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I would really, truly love to see the rent-able Elbst mount become a permanent mount. The bright colors are awesome.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Micro Mage
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    We'll see how you feel after the fact. And.. Fate grinding is still Fate grinding. Going to pass on this dumb event.. quite sad that I have to.. SE made a trash event, and not going to Fate grind for what is trash items they threw together because they didn't have anything else planned.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Micro Mage
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    The Birdcage is empty just like the idea behind this event is empty of all sense!

So the Event is now live... And I hope everyone learned that this is, in fact, a terrible event. The armor looks like a failed design that never made it into the game until now, and the birdcage.. is literally empty. Recap: Terrible armor that looks like it was a rejected design, 3 uninspired emotes(which come with a mirror copy emote of the same thing) and an empty Birdcage! THIS SCREAMS OF SUMMER SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bomb catching quest... with peeps killing bombs because they just don't know how to read directions... and the Mount FATE of sitting there with 50-60 peeps waiting for bombs to appear so we can splash them with water.. WTF?!? C R E A T I V E!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Micro Mage
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    This event would have been somewhat acceptable if it was the hallows eve one, because dressing up as generic power rangers for trick or treat, would have made sense... These generic rangers talking about fighting the blazing heat... THIS IS SUMMER!!! WHY THE FREAK ARE YOU FIGHTING THE BLAZING HEAT IN A FULL SET OF UGLY ARMOR?????

#ggSE
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eva Gamirdren
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    This game has more than enough swimsuits IMO.
    I found this event a nice change of pace. I would have preferred it if it didn't involve FATEs at all but I'm glad they at least gave us new FATEs for the event and no RNG on the tokens unlike Yo-Kai.
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast