Player
    Character
    Eclipse Haven
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

Art and Cosplay Submission Questions

Here are some questions that have been floating around the art community since the contest blog post was released.

If you have any questions that are not up here I would be happy to add them to the top post.

Questions:
    1. If submissions are first come first serve, why do we not get notified right away if our email was received or if we made it in?

2. Can we please get some sort of email confirmation before it is too late?

3. Some of us submitted links to instagram/photobucket to provide additional progress photos and for updates. Are those being checked?

4. Should we be sending in new submission emails with updates on our progress or will that reset our place in the selection list?

5. Is there a size limit to the crafted art submissions?

6. Instead of including photos can the entrant just post a link to their instagram/tumblr/photobucket?
    (3)
    Last edited by Eclipse; 08-04-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Teira Osairis
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Can we post our work on places like DeviantArt as a submitted link?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eclipse Haven
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Teirafon View Post
    Can we post our work on places like DeviantArt as a submitted link?
    Do you mean instead of attaching images in the email? Those, who I am aware of, that linked to other sites included those links in addition to the requirements of the photos.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Yeah, I sent a few photos (from my Instagram account) as well as a link to the Instagram account, as I will be continuing to upload progress photos every few days until I complete the costume. I'm not entirely sure why they are asking for progress photos right now (they did not in 2014), but I am thinking maybe this is just extra reassurance that we are making the costumes ourselves? There was quite a bit of drama in 2014 because there was no *official* rule stating that you had to make most of your costume. As a result, individuals with commissioned costumes did enter the contest, which rubbed a lot of the participants the wrong way. They were honest about the source of their costumes, but I do think it put the judges in a tough spot since there was no official rule on it. This year, they are requiring that you make most of your costume and that you bring progress pics with you. I assume the judges will also ask you detailed questions on how you made each piece, which they did do in 2014.

For all we know, SE staffers are just really, really eager to see what we've done so far... and there's no bigger reason beyond that :P I'd be really excited and interested if I worked for SE, too.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eclipse Haven
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Bumping in hopes of information on our emails or an email confirmation of our submissions/entries more than anything!
    (0)
    TMPST Est. 1.0
    Tempest Free Company of Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    H err e are some questions that have been floating around the art community since the contest blog post was released.
    Glad to answer them!

1. If submissions are first come first serve, why do we not get notified right away if our email was received or if we made it in?

2. Can we please get some sort of email confirmation before it is too late?
    In response to this feedback, we'll be sending out "your entry was received!" emails to those who have entered the contests (including those who have entered already - give us a bit to get those out). With that said, as outlined in the rules, we'll be waiting until the submission period closes to notify the users who have been selected (as well as the 10 additional back ups).

3. Some of us submitted links to instagram/photobucket to provide additional progress photos and for updates. Are those being checked?
    Progress is not judged on an ongoing basis. It is only a requirement that you share some form of status in the form of a photo along with your entry submission email. As stated in the rules "Costume progress along with a photo (0%-100%)" means that the entry must include a photo showcasing a work in progress. Don't worry about sending constant updates as that is not the purpose of the requirement.

4. Is there a size limit to the crafted art submissions?
    There is not any limit listed and we'll attempt to make it work with what we get but... hopefully the size of the piece is realistic? If not, we'll have to decide how to handle it! (Updated 12:14 p.m.)
    (6)
    Last edited by Bayohne; 08-05-2016 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Edited to reflect updated Q4 and A4.
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Pip Tarou
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    The art submission question was directed to crafted items. Sculptures and the like.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Bayohne, thank you SO MUCH for the clarification. We had been panicking over here about some of these questions. I received the confirmation e-mail and I feel a lot better now. From now on, I will just hope that I am chosen to participate in the contest!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pip Tarou
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Saw the edit. Thanks a bunch, Bayohne!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eclipse Haven
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Glad to answer them!
    Thank you Bayohne! Really greatly appreciate your feedback!
    (0)
    TMPST Est. 1.0
    Tempest Free Company of Hyperion

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast