Player
    Character
    Melorie Valliere
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivvy View Post
    Well, my favorite so far has been your gross misinterpretation of my comment, and your following response:

I mean, clearly you are far better than the rest of us. You would never stoop to personal attacks.
    Oh you should know better Skivvy. It's only a problem when other people act like that, when he acts like that it's okay. LOL
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SagaSoluna View Post
    I did not "misrepresent your comment", you literally said:

For those who are OK with our current cash shop - is it just that you've never experienced any alternative? As mentioned earlier, my first MMO was XI and I didn't know what cash shops were until I branched out to F2P games (yeaaaars down the road). I suppose if this is your first MMO, or you've only played newer games, you would know no better. This obviously won't be the case for everyone. Just a shower thought.

Adding "i know it does not apply to everyone" makes your post sound as much less condescending as "i mean not offense but..." makes a post be less offensive.

You literally assumed that people disagreed with you because of the lack of experience and / or ignorance and that´s low.

Furthermore, you claim i have "twisted and manipulated" a big amount of comments yet you post only one.

I am still waiting for the cascade of manipulation you claim i caused.
    You take offense to everything it seems. A shower thought could be likened to spit-balling. Spit-balling has the following definition:

spit·ball
    ˈspitbôl/
    NORTH AMERICAN
    verbinformal
    gerund or present participle: spitballing
    throw out (a suggestion) for discussion.
    "I'm just spitballing a few ideas"

So with this new knowledge, can you see the error of your ways? You pounced on a single comment and used that chance to imply that I am pathetic and saddening, and on par with a Tumblr Feminist.

I think that was a perfect example of your behavior in this thread. There are most definitely other cases as well, but truthfully, I'm at work currently and don't care that much. You can take this as a victory for yourself as I am obviously failing to provide a mountain of evidence to appease you. I know better, and I'm sure others have noticed it as well.
    (9)

Character
    Ru Ruura
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    snip
    Yes, and the only ideas you casually happened to spitball were ideas that would cause your opponents to lose weight and credibility.
    How fortuitous.

You can take this as a victory for yourself as I am obviously failing to provide a mountain of evidence to appease you.
    If you claim that someone cause a mountain, you do need a mountain of evidence, yes.
    Shocking and unreasonable, huh?
    (1)
    Last edited by SagaSoluna; 07-28-2016 at 06:02 AM.

Player
    Character
    Chalbeaux Maxime
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryaani View Post
    Except that that particular "speculation" includes, as mentioned previously, the leveling pot...In addition, citing trends in comparable products removes any claim of baselessness.
    You are correct, claims based on relevant trends are not completely baseless. But neither to trends offer incontrovertible proof of the direction in which SE's model will necessarily go. Trends offer evidence in favor of a possible outcome, not definite proof. Therefore, the people Saga criticized are still just speculating.

Back to your original point that Saga invalidated opinion, they did no such thing. They engaged with the evidence used to back certain claims. You have found Saga's engagement (and mine) unconvincing, and offered a rebuttal. That's how this process is supposed to work.
    (3)
    "Hello, I'm auditioning for the role of Ser Aymeric de Borel, and I'll be singing Electric Chapel by Lady Gaga"

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Yes, and the only ideas you casually happened to spitball were ideas that would cause your opponents to lose weight and credibility.
    How fortuitous.
    That's how I roll! /s

I grew up eating peanut butter and mayonnaise on toast. I think it's delicious, but just about everyone I have shared this with finds it repulsive. I grew up with it, so it's normal. Perhaps if others grew up eating it, they'd think it was normal as well. Perhaps I would hate it had I not grown up with it.

Do you think that's incredibly far fetched or insulting? This is the exact thinking that I was using in my comment from before. People are more accepting of things if they've never known any different. That is all. It's not a matter of being ignorant, it's just keeping with what is normal to you.

And an edit for your edit:
    If you claim that someone cause a mountain, you do need a mountain of evidence, yes.
    Shocking and unreasonable, huh?
    Again, I honestly do not care that much. My opinion of you and your "debate" style is set. Feel free to claim I am simply spouting off with no proof, we both know it's here.
    (6)
    Last edited by Skivvy; 07-28-2016 at 06:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Evangeline Lafontaine
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Chalbee View Post
    You are correct, claims based on relevant trends are not completely baseless. But neither to trends offer incontrovertible proof of the direction in which SE's model will necessarily go. Trends offer evidence in favor of a possible outcome, not definite proof. Therefore, the people Saga criticized are still just speculating.

Back to your original point that Saga invalidated opinion, they did no such thing. They engaged with the evidence used to back certain claims. You have found Saga's engagement (and mine) unconvincing, and offered a rebuttal. That's how this process is supposed to work.
    I like the condescension, nice touch. It lets me know that we're veering into troll territory rather than discussion.

Your argument works only if his statement was specific. It wasn't. It was a general statement. "The amount of self-entitlement and nothing but wild speculation from the anti-mooglestation side is unbearable."

That includes the people who clearly are offering speculative comments or simply stating that they didn't like the cash shop in general.
    (3)
    Insanity is a gradual process, don't rush it - Ford Prefect

Character
    Ru Ruura
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    This is going to be my last post in this thread, the drama bores me.
    I will try to explain my position and why i oppose this thread in a simple way:

Claim: Every item in the shop is content that would be ingame and is cut for profit.

This is speculation, we do not know how many , if any, of these items would have been created or even thought of if they could not make a profit out of it.

Claim: All the time spent creating cash shop items is time that would have been spent creating/fixing content for the game

This is speculation, not only we do not know how many people work on the items or if it´s the same team, but even if it was, nothing proves that there would be as many people employed if the content they make could not be monetized further.

There is no proof that less items in the shop would mean more work into the game or more content.

Claim: The profits from my sub are being used for x instead of y

Maybe so, but, so what?
    Their profits are theirs to spend as they see fit, in the game, or otherwise.
    They have every right to do whatever they want with their money and your right is to stop giving them said money if you disagree with their choices.

To Skivvy´s drama and accusations:

Quoting the great greek philosopher Emaeucliades:
    "Whatever, dude/tte"
    (3)
    Last edited by SagaSoluna; 07-28-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Player
    Character
    Boo Box
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    This is going to be my last post in this thread, the drama bores me.
    I will try to explain my position and why i oppose this thread in a simple way:

Claim: Every item in the shop is content that would be ingame and is cut for profit.

This is speculation, we do not know how many , if any, of these items would have been created or even thought of if they could not make a profit out of it.

Claim: All the time spent creating cash shop items is time that would have been spent creating/fixing content for the game

This is speculation, not only we do not know how many people work on them or if it´s the same team, but even if it were, nothing says they would be working on the game as they may have never been hired to begin with, if their work was not to be monetized in the shop.

Claim: The profits from my sub are being used for x instead of y

Maybe so, but, so what?
    Their profits are theirs to spend as they see fit, in the game, or otherwise.

To Skivvy´s drama and accusations:

Quoting the great greek philosopher Emaeucliades:
    "Whatever, dude/tte"
    My special acknowledgement makes me feel warm and fuzzy. <3
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Dark Drakon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    maybe my point about the f2p model was missed, f2p MMO's has stuff in the CS that you have to buy if you want to advance, personally I think the reason the CS was added was because the sub model they have, they can't rely on the 3 or 6 month sub players to be there to renew so it's not a steady income, but with the cash shop they can keep the employees paid so they can keep making content, not sure about you naysayers, but I'd like to see 4.0 and beyond (with any luck it'll last as long or longer than 11).

let's not forget the "fantasia or riot" then the people saying "I'll pay $50 for a fantasia" then complain about $10 being too much.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evangeline Lafontaine
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I grew up eating peanut butter and mayonnaise on toast. I think it's delicious, but just about everyone I have shared this with finds it repulsive. I grew up with it, so it's normal. Perhaps if others grew up eating it, they'd think it was normal as well. Perhaps I would hate it had I not grown up with it..
    I have heard of such a thing (thank you Buzzfeed), but never have I encountered someone who actually ate it. I put it alongside circus peanuts, vegemite, and balut in the list of things I know that people eat and enjoy but there was no way I would.

Now Toast + Peanut Butter + just cooked Bacon? Food o' the gods!
    (1)
    Insanity is a gradual process, don't rush it - Ford Prefect

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast