Player
    Character
    Niel Kalverra
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    yeah, because it is way more expensive for SE to make a mount account wide...
    Technically, it is more expensive. They need extra data and traffic to check on your account and send over the mount to each existing character, and future ones to come.

It is the same with retainers - You 'rent' each month traffic and data from them in order for more storage space and retainer services.
    They aren't Blizzard or Riot which can whip up their own server infrastructure. Extra traffic costs money, and it took them long enough to finally get the EU data center actually into europe.
    (0)
    Last edited by Arrius; 07-26-2016 at 05:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kinnison Arcspeed
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I never spend any money on mogstation before except for the monthly retainer for storage, but I need to throw my money at this one for some reason.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Yeah, you can get the game cheaper than the mount, cool.
    (39)

Player
    Character
    Robas Kebas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    At this rate the red fenrir will be $40 and people will still buy it lol. I think I will pass on this. Pricing is just getting silly now.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourbestintoner View Post
    $30? Just make the game F2P already.
    Nothing more to say....
    1st it's one of the last P2P game AND they add a cash shop....can't believe japanese players (considering they are the only ones they listen) feel that good about being treated like pigeons....
    (38)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.

Player
    Character
    Charlotte Elise
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrius View Post
    snip
    It takes them a fraction of a cent to process an account wide order, the only reason it costs more is the perceived value of a two seater mount that can fly along with people willing to spend that much money on it. I don't know why you're comparing it to retainers as those are actively taking data (but again, a fraction of what they actually cost to rent). They're doing exactly what Blizzard did in this regard, most mounts over there are a set price of 27.50 AUD, but they released the Warforged Nightmare for 33 AUD as the owner could put down a post which would allow others to ride it for 20 minutes.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Rose Wild
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Half the price of a full retail game. It's getting worse than free to play games.
    (35)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I had no problem with mounts in the cash shop that are just some other color of another ingame mount and I was already a little sad that they put Sleipnir in it instead of being able to get this in the game. But I got it in a sale months later, so at least it was not that costly..but paying 21 Euro for this?? Why do you have to put it in the cash shop instead of making it something you can earn ingame? :/ I really thought that the red fenrir would be for the mogstation and that this one will be earned..I really hope that this is not a trend by making more and more mounts and pets exclusive for the mogstation...we are paying a sub already and it would be nice if the time was not wasted on something that we have to pay on top of that..

At least in games like Black desert you only have to buy the game once and never have to pay a single € again so I can understand that a complete cloth set with a weapon will cost 35 €. (But you can buy it for less without the weapon or even just parts of the clothes..) Here we already pay monthly and should at least have the possibility to earn things ingame..I have nothing against recolors or being able to buy and earn it at the same time so people that dont want to take the time can buy it. But creating something only for the mogstation and making it cost nearly double of a monthly sub is really bad...

I hope to god that at least some of this cash shop moneys goes back into this game...
    (16)
    Last edited by Alleo; 07-26-2016 at 06:28 PM.
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Alaina Claire
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 71
    got excited when I woke up and saw on the launcher about new mogstation items, then I saw this fat pile of garbage and got disappointed once again that it was just a mount. oh well, hope the people buying it enjoy it.
    (4)

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast