Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Advent Shadowsoul
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    raid gear should be good, but catch up gear should be decent too. IDK the relic grind can be really awful even if it is "easy" in a lot of cases the progression towards it, much like raid gear progression is locked by weekly or daily timers, sure it can be done, but theres still time gate limits to it, that pretty much equate to the timegate raiders have for learning and clearing the raid itself, or so it seems. A big example of this was how long they took to even introduce the relic this time around. Looooooooooooong after world first clears in Gordias, etc. Those people were way done with the raiding itself before the relic was even released. I dont know what youre asking of the raid gear itself, to me i think being able to custom its stats would be a good direction, but I dont feel as though gordias:savage should drop 275 gear, as well as midas and the future raid,(with varying stats for bis distinction) just to make sure it was the best gear until 4.0...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tee Hee
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStrongtan View Post
    Imagine a new raider has to find a group to learn and farm Gordias before he has a chance to train Midas just because non raid gear has to be much much weaker to satisfy raiders.
    You need 220 gear and 220 weapon to start trying a5s (it's doable in 210, but everyone needs perfect rotations, so better 220). You don't need gear from gordias to start midas. Even more, people who had gear from gordias, they have thrown it away and replaced with crafted 220 to start doing a5s.

But you absolutely don't need 240 to start midas. Even more, you don't need 240 up to a8s. But currently a lot of people don't bother with raiding, because they are 240 already, so why bother?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Will Brannigan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Even more, people who had gear from gordias, they have thrown it away and replaced with crafted 220 to start doing a5s.
    This is what has been bugging me more than anything lately. What reason do I have to continue farming this BS after my first clear when I have to throw it all away on the day of 3.4? (SE's answer is a minion or mount)

At least back in 2.2/2.4 I could use the gear I had farmed out until I got better stuff from drops/tomestones. Now, crafted and easy mode stuff beats it in item level so it doesn't really matter how good the secondary stats are. Even the weapon must be replaced because a new, relatively easy extreme primal will drop something that's higher item level.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by KitingGenbu View Post
    What?! You're not excited about fighting a mini-alexander inside of Alexander???

Given what players there are now that would be interested in a learning party? Not particularly. I think the devs need to take a long hard look at what progression looks like in this game and how to make it more than just the momentary high of "enjoyment" and gorges of just "playing".
    (0)
    Last edited by Kallera; 07-26-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Exidrial View Post
    If everybody was just doing it for the fun then why are there even levels and equipment in the first place?

Yep you got it. We're doing it for the upgrades.How would you feel if you worked hard with your team to get something, and a few months later some random dude just comes by, rolls his face on the keyboard and gets the same stuff you worked so hard for?

As a new player I just don't see a point in raiding.
    It isnt just new players. What you've said here is a big reason the raiding population is as small as it is. Because there's just no point in it. The rewards are crap and the challenge is worthless.

I cleared coil in arr got a few achievements and a title that at the time had a degree of "prestige" now they're meaningless and any group of 3 or 4 players can face rolled them
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Nuna Chu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Yep you got it. We're doing it for the upgrades.How would you feel if you worked hard with your team to get something, and a few months later some random dude just comes by, rolls his face on the keyboard and gets the same stuff you worked so hard for?
    I don't...care. Its a video game. People should be able to play how they wish unless it inconveniences others.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Whenever I read this forum I hate myself more often than not when I'm finished. I don't know why I do this to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorPatty View Post
    You know that thing about how every subbed person has the right to post what they want in the OF?
    I'm starting to question that right.

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    ppl say that there is no content for midcore raiders , and i agree but saying that there is content for raiders too....is a bit off...4 bosses every 6 months is anything but "content"

the raids are getting better ? yeah but only 4 encounters...is a joke

edit: guess we can include extreme trials
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Omega Strongtan
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 18
    Quote Originally Posted by vp_cmc View Post
    But currently a lot of people don't bother with raiding, because they are 240 already, so why bother?
    I WOULD bother but because of work times it is pretty much impossible for me to have a static.
    It is not the gear it is time constraints. And there are a lot of people like me. Don't blame catch up patches for low motivation of raiders. Blame SE since in all honestly Alex is by far less interesting than Coil.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    If everybody was just doing it for the fun then why are there even levels and equipment in the first place?

As a new player I just don't see a point in raiding.
    Why do people go to extreme lengths for achievements and trophies when the only reward is a notification you did it? Most people going above and beyond do so for the thrill of the accomplishment or for mere bragging rates. Gear upgrades are nice token reward, but few raiders I know care about them over Savage itself. Creating an enormous gap in ilvl will not prompt more raiders. In fact, it may have the opposite effect given new raiders will have yet another obstacle facing them. Say ilvl 220-230 were the highest non-raiders could currently achieve and 3.4 necessitates ilvl 240 for the next tier of Savage. How many groups will still be looking to go into Midas? Virtually none. Therefore, anyone who didn't complete Midas would either be locked out entirely until they lucked into a group or wait even longer than they current six months just so a small subgroup of raiders can feel special.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nuna Chu
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStrongtan View Post
    I WOULD bother but because of work times it is pretty much impossible for me to have a static.
    It is not the gear it is time constraints. And there are a lot of people like me. Don't blame catch up patches for low motivation of raiders. Blame SE since in all honestly Alex is by far less interesting than Coil.
    Yep, that's why most ppl don't raid. They don't have TIME. Gear is irrelevant.
    Plus all the bosses are just a memory game and memorizing all that takes TIME.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Whenever I read this forum I hate myself more often than not when I'm finished. I don't know why I do this to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorPatty View Post
    You know that thing about how every subbed person has the right to post what they want in the OF?
    I'm starting to question that right.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast