Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelanar View Post
    1. Give players with already high weapon and armor enhancements something to look forward to when doing floors 1-40.
    This, hugely. Even if it doesn't result in the person who got no upgrades 41-50 screwing over the rest of the party (who likely did get the upgrades, and will now have those reverted), it creates two different conflicting playstyles. Those who aren't gear level 20+ will need silvers just to enter the next tier, while those who are just trying to get back to 41-50 just want activate and get in the teleporter asap. There's no reason to create those kinds of conflicts for the sake of an arbitrary rule. You could just as easily give an equal chance everywhere and ease the tier requirements.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Allow us to put Pomanders in our hotbars.
    (3)

Greetings, adventurers!

Thanks for all the feedback related to The Palace of the Dead.

We're seeing a lot of comments requesting that aetherpool equipment be able to improve in the earlier floors so that they can benefit from running the early levels again, or when playing with new players.

As such, we're planning to make the following adjustments in a future update:
    • Aetherpool equipment will have a higher chance of receiving an upgrade upon opening silver coffers in earlier floors.
    • Aetherpool equipment will be strengthened upon defeating the boss on the 50th floor.
    We're continuing to gather your feedback and pass it along to the team so please continue exploring the depths of this dungeon, and share any additional feedback you may have.
    (78)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Rosetta Luminara
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxpheras View Post
    Aetherpool equipment will be strengthened upon defeating the boss on the 50th floor.
    Oh, awesome!

Adding to this, I'd like it if the bosses had guaranteed drops in general—killing a boss doesn't feel as good as it does in other content, and I think it might be due to lack of ceremony/reward. If I had to get specific, something like guaranteed Gold Coffers from floors 10 and 20, guaranteed Aetherpool upgrades from floors 30 and 50, and a guaranteed Gelmorran potsherd on floor 40 would probably work wonders since those are all unique to Palace of the Dead.

Happy to hear about the planned updates though—looking forward to them!
    (2)
    - rick

Player
    Character
    Hellboy Sa
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    What about increasing time limit for solo?
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Blue Castle
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Oh no, a Tonberry is chasing you (this one is from your good game, ARR around 2.0) so you have to move quickly through this floor.
    A mysterious merchant has appeared who will let you trade 2 pomanders (stop it loc team) for one.
    Certain monsters on a floor have had their stats turned way up. They have a black aura.
    Cultists are summoning a boss on this floor. Get to them and kill them before they succeed.
    You found a magic lamp with a genie inside who will grant you a wish. Choose wisely (+weapon, +armor, +exp, +gil, or a massive buff for the next floor)
    This floor has no map and is shrouded in darkness. Stick together and make your way to the exit.
    This floor's exit is behind a caved in wall. You need to lure bombs to the wall to destroy it.
    A treasure goblin appeared. Where have I seen this one before?
    There are 4 switches that you need to stand on at the same time. Split up and go do it.
    A miniboss appeared. Kill it.
    Your whole party is transformed into monsters and you have to fight "adventurer" NPCs this floor.
    This floor is a tower defense mini game.
    On this floor you're fighting Ifrit.
    Your party has been split up and you need to get back to each other to advance.
    Every room has a door that you need to answer a riddle to get through. If you fail a riddle you fight a hard monster.

Add "champion" type monsters at random with affixes like in Diablo.
    THIS THIS ALL THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    even if u get a upgrade to weapon and armor....killing the 50th boss mean u have to repeat 50 floors.... THATS NOT FUN period.

make solo more possible , is a pain in the rear, a exp boost when solo 100% , 50% when duo ,25% trio...getting leves faster can help , timer when solo 90min , let the solo player able to rez on cairne once every 10min? or every 10 floors or something....dying to a slime instant unavoidable attack isnt fun
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Taiseli Seli
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Bosses at the end of each floor should always upgrade both arm and armor.
    1-10 any gear below +5 gets upgraded.
    11-20 - Any gear below +10 gets upgraded
    21-30 - Any gear below +15 gets upgraded
    31-40 - Any gear below +20 gets upgraded
    41-50 - Any gear below +30 gets upgraded
    I have ran 1-50 6 times now. The last two 41-50 I went from 27/28 to 28/28. Then the next was 29/28. We opened 6 silver chests each 41-50 and 3 exploded, 2 didn't upgrade, and 1 did upgrade. Ridiculous.

Your current system makes it so if you are above +20 floors 1-30 are of no use to you. You gear will never upgrade. I have no issues getting the gear to +15. Its after that it becomes very grindy. So why boost those floors? Boost 31-50.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    They aren't going to make solo "more possible"; it's intended as a challenge mode, much like 2nd coil savage. Nobody's forcing you to run it that way, and quite frankly I can't understand why anyone would unless they were purely looking for a challenge.

Your current system makes it so if you are above +20 floors 1-30 are of no use to you. You gear will never upgrade. I have no issues getting the gear to +15. Its after that it becomes very grindy. So why boost those floors? Boost 31-50.
    The same reason why they boosted anima "atma" drop rates in 3.3 instead of the step that really needed the help (the unidentifieds)

Whatever that reason is exactly is up to interpretation. But it's still pretty much the same reason as that.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tsukino Mahou
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'd like to see more scaling of some of the randomness for different party sizes. The enemies and such seem to be fine, but then some things are just downright unfair for solo or duo runs. They don't need to be removed though, just scaled down to not all be instant loss results. The slime move could, for instance, not deal enough damage to kill someone at full HP when solo, because that move is impossible for most jobs to avoid. Or the traps that spawn a bunch of mobs could have their spawn numbers reduced - a morbol and three seedlings appearing randomly is a challenge for a party but it's an unavoidable loss for a solo player.

I also like some of the previous suggestions like being able to save manually or more often, and pretty much all of the "other" objectives instead of just kill more mobs to level, kill more mobs to unlock doors, kill more mobs for drops, and kill more mobs.
    (2)

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast