Player
    Character
    Sanura Tsukishiro
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Johaandr View Post
    .. Or even worse.. People who just bought it and doing nothing..

To the real point; i wish people bought a house for their interest in decor..
    I have a lot of interest in decor, the house I bought on 3.3 will be the 3rd house I decorated. Unfortunately, we have a severe lack of options without doing what every other house has done. I've more or less exhausted my ideas with what is available, so my new house is waiting for more furniture to be released.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zigabar; 08-10-2016 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Minor typo was bothering me.
    A mentor stole my house, slapped me across the face, and raised my ping from 15 to 30. Literally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by AriKitae View Post
    I would advise against the “you pulled it you tank it” shtick. Try diplomacy first. “Please allow me to pull the mobs.” [...] While the deeps is wrong for pulling ahead, you certainly aren’t right by not doing your job.
    #GetSelliBack2016

Player
    Character
    Alizay Eiddwen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    ...least you guys have a home =\ they was goobled up on Gilgamesh within mere minutes. Even with being 400th in server queue to log in.
    (0)

Server: Balmung/Gilgamesh // Name: Siena Vedana // Main Class: Scholar

Signature made by Selli Noblesse <3 Thank you!

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by RayneLittlewinkle View Post
    ...least you guys have a home =\ they was goobled up on Gilgamesh within mere minutes. Even with being 400th in server queue to log in.
    Most of my frustration comes from the fact that I get the impression that some of these people don't even use their homes and leave the likes of you out to dry. The Medium plot I referenced earlier still has nothing going on. All that there is to be found is an aethernet shard, and then inside, a summoning bell and a repair person. Everything else, inside and out, is default. Am I to understand that this person really bought a plot just for the convenience of teleporting straight to said amenities cheaply? And not just a plot, but a Medium-sized plot?
    I'd like to think no-one would actually do that and this person somehow scraped together a shed-load of gil from friends and such but otherwise is useless at earning any in a timely manner on their own to do much other than what I am seeing now.

Even ignoring those cases, my concern is that people just bought up a house and decorated it. Nice and fun, how wonderful that was while it lasted. Oh well, I won't visit it anymore - why bother after all? Obviously I can't say for sure if many people are doing such a thing, but the empty wards don't leave a whole lot to be levied against such an idea. FC's spending more time indoors would make sense but personal homes would be more lonely in general, so you'd expect to see more activity in the gardens or general ward. Older wards are one thing, but am I really being led to believe that all of this hype and outcry for plots over the past while culminated with most people who were lucky enough to snag one simply losing interest within a couple of months?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Olivia Jeannet
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I think it goes in cycles Knahli. My house is mainly used regularly for the garden and a calm place to do my crafting with my choice of music. I redecorate once in a great while and usually it's just a small addition or change. In the case of dead neighbors, I actually ran into the person that has the house above me for the first time in about 6 months yesterday. I was quite excited! You are right though, I think a lot of people got their house and did the initial decorating then left it be. If you aren't gardening there is little reason to visit daily especially if you aren't crafting.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaJ View Post
    I think it goes in cycles Knahli. My house is mainly used regularly for the garden and a calm place to do my crafting with my choice of music. I redecorate once in a great while and usually it's just a small addition or change. In the case of dead neighbors, I actually ran into the person that has the house above me for the first time in about 6 months yesterday. I was quite excited! You are right though, I think a lot of people got their house and did the initial decorating then left it be. If you aren't gardening there is little reason to visit daily especially if you aren't crafting.
    Ah, I wouldn't expect people to visit it that religiously from now and until forever or anything, but it's always the same people that I see around and the same set of houses with little-to-no activity going on around them. I don't garden myself but like you it's just a place to feel at home at in the game; somewhere to craft in peace, sit around while chatting and just a place to go to as opposed to afk'ing in the cities somewhere for a bit like I used to. You're right that there's much less incentive for people who don't garden or possibly even craft but...... ahh, I don't know. I don't want to begrudge the people who did get homes because I'm sure the majority of them appreciated and enjoyed it a lot, even if the honeymoon phase has already passed for them, but it does make me feel legitimately sorry for all the people who missed out that would have had a much longer term investment toward it(as far as enjoying having and using it regularly goes that is). Admittedly I am probably in the minority as someone who gets excited over the smaller, meaningless things like seeing people making the maps feel alive - even if it's just as simple as using benches or fishing together instead of just standing around lifelessly - but if there were just more people such as yourself that found some good and personal use for visiting it regularly then I think it would all feel much nicer and "deserved" in my mind.
    (1)
    Last edited by Knahli; 09-10-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Player
    Character
    Olivia Jeannet
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I feel the same way you do. Honestly I don't like spending time in the larger cities. Rarely do I go afk but it's typically in my yard sitting by the fire, in my bed (not that anyone is going to see me in there but W/E, rp'ing and such) and once in a while on the bench by the MB. I wish the wards were more active for sure. I saw someone the other day hovering around on the ball mount just going everywhere. I actually took time out of what I was doing to try to chase them down and see what they were up to. Never did catch them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'nahli Yohko
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 89
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaJ View Post
    I feel the same way you do. Honestly I don't like spending time in the larger cities. Rarely do I go afk but it's typically in my yard sitting by the fire, in my bed (not that anyone is going to see me in there but W/E, rp'ing and such) and once in a while on the bench by the MB. I wish the wards were more active for sure. I saw someone the other day hovering around on the ball mount just going everywhere. I actually took time out of what I was doing to try to chase them down and see what they were up to. Never did catch them.
    ;A; Maybe it was just a phantom then ;

As a minor update - of sorts anyways - the houses I mentioned in this topic have had no changes to them whatsoever - neither the Large nor the Medium. I did see the owner of the Medium one time a month or two back doing some Fate Farming so they are apparently still playing but obviously have little-to-no interest in their home. I'm honestly really annoyed. Balmung is notorious for it's housing shortage considering the demand and yet there are people like this snatching them up? I hope they lose their home in 3.4 and someone deserving actually gets it, I really do; though honestly I bet that won't even happen.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Viggo Sinata
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    My neigbors are all lvl 1 alts who just log in to keep their mansion. :l
    Literally empty.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Margaretha Sorin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I would like to be able to buy a mansion, because I love to decorate, but most mansions are bought by people who did not even change the walls.
    I have only watched a neighborhood of Mist and Lavender Beds, empty (and closed) houses.

You need to do something about this!
    We are many people that if we like to be in our homes, but they seem ghost neighborhoods! thanks to these people who are not interested in having a house
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Olivia Jeannet
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Yas you might rethink that mansion thing. I just upgraded to a medium and it's actually quite tough to come up with a good design all on my own. Those plots that have little to nothing done to them make me sad. They are scattered here and there on every server I'm sure. Some people buy them when the opportunity presents itself and then put off decorating for when they run out of content though. Not all of those might be abandoned.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast