Character
    Chisana Himitsu
    World
    Yojimbo
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

About the EU campaign for maid outfit and fat chocobo

How to Obtain the Original Fat Chocobo Mount
    Take a photo of yourself holding the printed bonus item codes from all three of the above magazines and send to GamesMaster magazine via email. After your photo has been confirmed, the in-game bonus code for the mount will be sent back to you via email. Redeem the code on the Mog Station to claim your mount!

Email Address: gamesmaster@futurenet.com
    Email Subject: The Big Fat Chocobo Giveaway
    Why do we have to send a selfie on top of spending 27€ on a magazine nobody reads? This is ridiculous.

***EDIT 13/July***
    To summarize everyone's complains
    1. Privacy concerns regarding the use of email and attaching a selfie to send codes to a shady/unknown 3rd party. (Community Rep says selfie is not required) [Link]
    2. Email verification of the 3 codes for Fat chocobo but the single codes don't require a verification.
    3. 2 of the 3 issues are unavailable for purchase online. UK/EU players are worried about availability of physical copies in stores.
    4. 2 month wait for the 3rd issue to be available.
    5. SEA, Portugal not included on the list of countries for future campaigns.
    6. 3rd party is dodgy/biased [Link]
    7. Magazine is useless/unknown to some. Nobody reads them. In comparison, JP players could hydrate themselves with water/drinks from 7-11; NA could pick any useful item that fits in the gaming category from Amazon.
    8. The cost needed to get all the rewards is more expensive than the NA campaign (27€ versus $20), requires more effort (finding copies and sending email of the codes), and a longer wait (2 months wait)
    9. Players living in countries that won't be covered by the campaign may have to resort to buying the magazines. Shipping is an additional cost to them.
    10. Players that reside in the rest of the countries that fall under the EU FF14 region are worried about having a similar campaign for their countries.

***EDIT 14/July***
    1. Very limited/hidden copies in stores
    2. Misprints of rewards. Magazine mentions "50 Aetheryte tickets" but the actual reward is "30 Jandelaine's Tokens" [Link]
    3. 1st issue is already sold out online [Link]
    4. Some copies of the magazine DO NOT come with the code [Link][Link][Link]. Email gamesmaster@futurenet.com for support says Community Rep [Link]. Warning: the number of available codes in their office is also limited [Link]
    5. MODS DELETING POSTS
    6. Games Masters email support is clueless about the campaign [Link]
    7. Some people are getting duplicate copies of the code with their magazines [Link]

***Hello EU Community Team it's already August and here are more issues/concerns***
    1. Concerns about redeeming the codes that are valid only until December 31, 2016
    2. Magazine is not available in a number of shops
    3. Since the 1st of the 3 issues is unavailable to some players, it would be impossible for them to redeem the White Chocobo
    4. Still no response from the EU Community Team

Mid-August Update:
    1. WARNING: There are spoilers on issue 307 if you are new to the game [Link]
    2. Some players are reporting that they have yet to receive their issue 306 copies bought from the website [Link]
    3. A player who contacted Game Masters for the missing code has yet to receive a response [Link]
    (168)
    Last edited by DeliriumTrigger; 08-15-2016 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Added summary

Player
    Character
    Lelane Lavellan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Yeah I'm not sending some random magazine a picture of myself. O_o

Couldn't they have made a special (trial) subscription offer or something that automatically awards the chocobo code? Seems less cumbersome and less privacy-invading.
    (40)

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Agreed. We also have to wait three months for all the items. The NA players got them all in a single $20 purchase. We're having to pay more and wait longer for the items. The NA players were also able to buy any of a number of things they actually wanted as well. We're being forced to buy a magazine subscription we have no interest in. There is no parity here at all...
    (44)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    It's more than a little disappointing. They really should have simply added the items to the Mog Station for players outside of Japan. It's not fair to expect players in different regions to have to jump through all sorts of different hoops in order to acquire the items; especially when the cost ends up differing. Plus, unless I'm mistaken, UK players have to wait three months to get all of the items...whilst US and Japanese players could acquire them all immediately. I'm not fond of the 'selfie' aspect either. I value my privacy but I'll bite the bullet and do it anyway I suppose - yet I know many players won't want to do it themselves and so will miss out.

In fairness, though, it's likely clunky due to EU/UK law.
    (8)
    Last edited by Theodric; 07-12-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arielyanna D'arkholme
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    There is one other little 'note'... which has a few people I know rather... annoyed...

Note: Separate campaigns offering the same in-game items are currently being planned for those residing in: France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand and Nordic territories. Further details on these campaigns will be posted at a later date.
    So while Japan, the US and the UK can get these items... the rest of the world has to wait even longer. This is getting to be absurd now...
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Sno Pea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    I was really looking forward to being able to use these glamour attires...

Looks like that's never happening now. Don't see why i have to fork out over £25 for 3 magazines i have zero interest in reading, on top of having to send a selfie for the mount? Hell no.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Reki Sunbreeze
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    I would imagine so the magazine can run an article publishing said pictures, as such I would personally recommend caution until they verify what it is they wish to use them for.
    I have not purchased print games media in some years and during the time I did I long stopped purchasing Games Master Magazine.

As such I would like to know if these items can instead just be directly purchased instead as I myself have no desire to purchase what is required or give my picture to a 3rd party print publication for them to potentially make public.

I haven't followed the previous promotions but I do understand there was some user issues with them, however this seems far from ideal. If nothing else you should make clear to those in the promotion what the magazine intends to do with your images and how they will be stored, while of course people giving 3rd parties access to images of themselves is nothing new all parties should be aware of exactly what is intended.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Amael Yuki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    UK = Europe, ok seems good.

Like I will order 3 magazines from UK to Finland because of some promotional items, fucking ridiculous.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    H'ey Bunny
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I'm not massively comfortable sending photos of myself out to randoms either, the need to wait when all other regions got their codes immediately is disgraceful. Not to mention we have been waiting for months just for news on this promotion for EU and we get this? I'm beyond disgusted.

Also, if it were like the Amazon deal, my bf and I could've gotten two different items we could use. As it stands, we're now going to have to buy two sets of magazine copies that will gather dust, they're not even different magazines! I don't think anybody thought this through.
    (26)

Player
    Character
    Boss Epoch
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    I highly doubt anyone from the staff will even read this thread but this promo is utterly ridiculous. Why not just go with the Amazon one again, which was actually good? There are too many reasons to list why I'm not okay with sending my picture to some magazine I've never even heard of before.
    (18)

Page 1 of 179 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast