Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kisada Exis
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50

Are you happy with FFXIV PVP and its current direction? Yes or No?

I was hoping for a polling option but the question is pretty simple. I'd just like to gauge what people are feeling these days in a nutshell.

I think people should also feel free to illuminate on why they might or might not approve of PVP's current status and direction.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shin Kamiya
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 65
    With feast, yeah. They need to polish it more and i would be pretty happy as long as people actually play.
    With frontlines, i dont really care. That mode was never meant to be competitive.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kyotsuke Mashuzu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Honestly i think feast was one of their best efforts yet. Sure it needs some work but it has a very good foundation and has genuinely been some of the most fun i've had in this game to date. As for the other modes i've always thought they were fun even if they may be unbalanced at times. Overall I think squeenix has made a honest effort for pvp and it seems like they're always trying to improve. We've come a long way from the days of wolves den and i'm excited for the future of PvP
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kenji Muyo
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    The largest problems with feast revolve around the small pool of players that pvp. If they can find a way to increase participation, I think that it can be a successful game mode.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'oshio Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 51
    Not really, no.
    Shatter seems more PVE oriented than Seal Rock and the only way to get into actual PVP in that mode is to branch off and look for isolated nodes and hope you meet resistance, which is risky even then because you have a good chance of getting ganked.
    Frontlines needs to include things that make objective based game modes in other multiplayer games great.
    Like a Kill Feed that stays relevant to your team (who your team kills and who killed your teammates), sort of like in the Feast.
    Supposedly Secure is a good PVP mode, in which case they need to bring the level cap on the ARR modes up to 60, or at least create separate instances.
    What I really want to see however are modes similar to Runescape's PVP, like an FFA arena you can enter, or WoW's impromptu dueling feature.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mihael Blue
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    The player community on Primal is abysmally low, until they somehow increase it we may have to move to other servers to experience continuous PVP.

The modes itself I enjoy
    (0)
    Exorcist of Oceania Core Empire <OCE> Oceanic Tonberry FC
    FC Thread: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/309373-Oceania-Core-Empire-FC-Recruitment
    FFXIV Housing Club - Sharing and inspiring housing designs Come find us at https://ffxivhousingclub.wordpress.com/ & http://ffxivhousingclub.tumblr.com/

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    They tried to do pvp gear with the moral stat. It is still not necessary, they got to do something about it...I like the idea of getting like a 5-10% bonus(damage dealt, HP) with actual pvp gear vs pve gear. I just think that would motivate people a little bit more to actually farm these items, instead just 1 item for glamour or whatever.

There could be other classic pvp modes, capture the flag style, siege, king of the hill..but ye if pvp community stays small then they most likely only play the new content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aviars Lightsworn
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Besides the fact I think frontlines are just bad modes in general (especially shatter), I think there just isn't much incentive to play frontlines in the first play. Yes the Esos are ok but they ques times don't make them ideal to farm through pvp. Another thing is wolf marks just don't have that much use in the first place other than gear that is always obsolete in regards to ilvl.

Personally if they want to improve Frontlines, they should allow wolf marks to be spent on crafting materials like Esos already are. It'll be that extra incentive to people who have never been interested in pvp to actually try it for once.

I also believe making 8 vs 8 The Feast into a Frontlines option would be great. It'll be a way for casual people to get a feel for the feast while doing their roulette. It'll also make 8v8 Feast relevant for once in actually being played.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grim Deathcreed
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Devil View Post
    Not really, no.
    Shatter seems more PVE oriented than Seal Rock and the only way to get into actual PVP in that mode is to branch off and look for isolated nodes and hope you meet resistance, which is risky even then because you have a good chance of getting ganked.
    Frontlines needs to include things that make objective based game modes in other multiplayer games great.
    Like a Kill Feed that stays relevant to your team (who your team kills and who killed your teammates), sort of like in the Feast.
    Supposedly Secure is a good PVP mode, in which case they need to bring the level cap on the ARR modes up to 60, or at least create separate instances.
    What I really want to see however are modes similar to Runescape's PVP, like an FFA arena you can enter, or WoW's impromptu dueling feature.
    This is why I preferred Seal over Shatter and still try to que it in hopes that at least someone is queing it, if I wanted pve when queing pvp I wouldn't que it at all.
    (3)

Friend/recruitment code for special items and things (use before paying first sub) RACN78W5 (updated) info on items here http://sqex.to/Cz9 code is entered via the mogstation.

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    I'm confused more than anything.

I don't understand why they're trying to cater to the more hardcore competitive scene with rankings seasons and all when their game is primarily catering to casuals and only moderately skilled individuals. I don't understand why the potential of chocobo racing and lord of verminion as potential PvP venues are completely ignored. I don't understand what SE is trying to achieve with their incentive setting in PvP. I don't understand what's Shatters unique selling proposition in the PvP mix. I don't get what the ladder hiding is supposed to achieve. It's hard to tell if SE is even aware of the lack of popularity of PvP in the western world and whether they see it as an issue.

So...big questionmark about the direction here.
    (3)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast