Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

Show the developers that you would like to reroll.

We know this section is viewed more than the feedback section. Yoshi asked for our feedback on remaking characters, and I know a lot of you want to. They're remaking the entire game, so "like" this post if you want to be able to do any of the following without losing the rest of your data:

Change your character's name.
    Change your character's birthday or patron god.
    Recreate your character from the select screen.
    Recreate your character from the select screen as a new race or gender.
    Change your character's starting city.
    Change your character's Grand Company.

Commence discussion as you are so prone to do.

Edit 1:

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Just wanted to clarify just a tiny bit: The comment from Yoshida during the LIVE video was mainly geared toward being able to change gender, specifically. Not so much about being able to change race. He was talking about changing from a Roegadyn male to a Miqo'te male being relatively understandable ("hey you lost weight!") but that it might be shocking to go from Roegadyn male to a Lalafell female.

It was vague in our Twitter post about it, so I'm hoping to dispel the misinformation now.
    It seems to me like there is an underlying issue about ethics or other strange personal views that is going over my head culturally. A reroll is a reroll. The point is, everything we based our starting decisions off of is changing because the game itself is fundamentally changing, so if the game is changing that drastically then people should be able to change their characters as well.

Edit 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Howdy! I think this might only be my second appearance on these here forums (I'll be working on showing my face around here more, I promise!), but I come bearing some pretty good news

Along with the change to the new graphic engine in 2.0, we announced that it would be possible to change your character's appearance. After that we received a great deal of feedback requesting to be able to change race/gender, as well. After looking at all of the feedback we received, we have decided to allow a one-time change of the following when 2.0 arrives:
    • Appearance
    • Race/Clan
    Some of you may be wondering about the possibility of changing character names, since we're allowing the change for gender. Due to some data-related issues, we will continue to discuss and look into possibility of character name changes.
    Win.
    (202)
    Last edited by Agate; 12-22-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Deminia Brellenwind
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I think it is important to allow players at the very least a one time free chance to switch anything about their character's creation process (while retaining all progress & character data) when the new FFXIV v.2 starts. I don't really care how they want to explain any race/gender changes - I would not even care if there is no explanation. Adding the missing genders is a huge change and far too many players chose their second choice when initially creating a character.

Anything about the appearance of your character, to include race, gender, birthday, patron god, and physical attributes should be part of the one time switch. If SE wants to approve future additional changes, I am ok with that.

Changing the starting nation/grand company should be available anyway as an in game option at any time once the player has fulfilled certain requirements (perhaps completion of a certain number of quests for the starter city or Grand Company.) Players should be able to access all parts of every storyline in the game if they desire to - but it should not be something you can just do instantly or every day.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Aistaraina Lanae
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    No. We were warned multiple times this is a one time decision (currently).

Everything else I don't see a problem with. Personally, I would like to change the birthday of my character because I messed it up the first time around.
    (34)

Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Im ok with my current choices, BUT only out of what is available now.
    Upon new races/ganders, I would like to look around.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cesil Rapture
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I will most likely stay the same. However others may want to change and should be given the option.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mocha Momocha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    All I want to do is to be able to go back through the standard character creation process again.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kailea Nagisa
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    We know this section is viewed more than the feedback section. Yoshi asked for our feedback on remaking characters, and I know a lot of you want to. They're remaking the entire game, so "like" this post if you want to be able to do any of the following without losing the rest of your data:

Change your character's name.
    Change your character's birthday or patron god.
    Recreate your character from the select screen.
    Recreate your character from the select screen as a new race or gender.
    Change your character's starting city.

Commence discussion as you are so prone to do.
    it has been said many times, and there is no need to "like" your post.... when 2.0 comes out, we will be able to redo character creation, and keep our levels/items/progress
    (3)

Player

Don't forget the most important item.... being able to change your server.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I think the big thing Yoshida wants feedback on is the gender change, as it's a bit of a taboo topic. If they approve this decision then it's going to open the door to a lot of other things. One maybe being same-sex in game marriages.

I personally am not going to change my character much if any. I personally would like to have the option later down the road of going through the story of the other Grand Companies though, like how you could switch between nations in FF11. I don't care about having to do the work all over. I just want to see the story involved with the other two nations if they differ greatly going forward.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Au Rore
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I support this thread.

I also support allowing 1 time change of Grand Company

As i've said before, maps areas quests and adventures will be redone. It's only fair to be able to choose based on the new world since so much will change.
    (0)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast