YES PLEASE!
    id love to re roll my character.
    Looks
    race
    name
    server
    diety
    (2)
    15 abilities each? what is this... Kindergarten?
    A jack of all trades WHM... what is this 1989?

Player
    Character
    Majidah Sihaam
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Every time I make a character on an mmorpg it takes me like 3 hours to do it. Why? Because I know it will last like 5-10 years. I like my character so much I'm not even sure I'll shift into male miqote when its released.

Just putting it out there. I'm okay if people want to remake their chars, but not on a regular basis...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sa'hana Zhralyia
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    I think the big thing Yoshida wants feedback on is the gender change, as it's a bit of a taboo topic. If they approve this decision then it's going to open the door to a lot of other things. One maybe being same-sex in game marriages.
    For one, this wouldn't really be a bad thing... I don't care myself. And the second thing, is we may not actually see marriages available until after the release of the new races/genders. I'm all for allowing a complete and total recustomization of your character (Save for a name change) once 2.0 hits. However I strongly feel it should be a one-time only thing for each character you have. You'll be allowed to change your race, gender, appearance, everything... But only once per character. Customization of appearance (Like hair, eye color, hair color.) and changing your guardian would be allowed at any time.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bethor Bismarck
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    The birthday and the guardian have no real use yet... so no point in changing it, if it has no use
    (0)

Seriously Why?

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aistaraina View Post
    No. We were warned multiple times this is a one time decision (currently).

Everything else I don't see a problem with. Personally, I would like to change the birthday of my character because I messed it up the first time around.
    actually they said that in the future they may make it so you can switch
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    I have conflicting opinions over the gender change. This is a rather radical opinion, but I sort of feel that if you do a gender change, you should have to start over. Here's my reasoning behind this: You did put in the time and effort to raise your classes to X level, but on the other hand, "This chick has guy parts now." From an in-game perspective, I feel if some of the Miqo'tes in my LS suddenly changed to catboys, it's hard to relate to that character anymore due to the drastic change. Of course this doesn't affect how I view said person outside of game if I know them personally. Dare I say this kind of ruins some of the immersion of the game? (waits for the torches to be thrown at the mere mention of the "I" word XD )

There's a lot of different ways to argue this and I'm sure many people won't share my opinion; I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. I would also like to suffix this with saying that I have nothing against transgenders personally. I just feel that since you're a "new" person, you should be as such.
    maybe you should have to go to an in game doctor to have a sex changed performed on you for a fee.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aleczan Knighthill
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I fully support one-time change for character creating (name, race, gender, etc.) because many people might be now using their 2nd best choice only because what they actually want wasn't available at the time, like, say, male Miqo'te. Since they're adding new race/gender combinations, and the graphic is bound to change/alter, it would only be fair if existing players get to recreate their character as well.

Changing Grand Company and changing home nation don't sound as interesting for me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mishakai Katyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    As long as my levelling progress is preserved, I would like the ability to change everything else about my character, at least in the physical appearance, race, gender perspective.
    (1)

9. 11-05-2011 01:55 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Player
    Character
    Yongdi Washou
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    It's your prerogative if you want to change your character. The only thing I'd change really would be my name if they'd allow me to hyphenate it. I was going for "Kun Payaoan Kai" originally, but it would've looked weird with it all mashed together.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdub View Post
    Please understand, we love to hear your ideas, but we would like them to be constructive and relevant to the game.
    Formerly Rounnin Tiankeris of Kashuan; reborn as Yongdi Washou of Hyperion.
    May we continue to walk in the light of the crystal and restore Eorzea to its former glory.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/rc/character/top?cicuid=12044635
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/997521/

Player

I am definately interested in being able to change race/gender/appearance and such come 2.0 launch. As for company/starting city/server changes I don't care so much.
    (1)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast