Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player

I think we should be able to join Grand Companies. We should be free to leave a Grand Company if we want, and if the other GC wanted to take us, they'd probably be stoked. "Oh sweet, you're that adventurer that helped the Flames beat Ifrit! We sure could use your help!" However if you try and go back to a GC, it should double the cost of everything you buy with seals. Traitor tax.
    (1)
    http://i.imgur.com/L3DQO.jpg

Player
    Character
    Dufakin Juganot
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think that its only a matter of time until we can leave and rejoin Grand Companies. But I support rerolling names, races and genders.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Siorai Aduaidh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    The ability to redesign chars is already coming (due to engine change)
    Changing names would be a nice bonus, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
    Asking for the ability to change GC is a bit much considering that players were warned. But the map redesign brings a good argument for it.

Either way, I'll be fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    J'hyan Tia
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailea_Nagisa View Post
    it has been said many times, and there is no need to "like" your post.... when 2.0 comes out, we will be able to redo character creation, and keep our levels/items/progress
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
    The ability to redesign chars is already coming (due to engine change)
    Yes, they said in the PDFs that these changes will be allowed, but now they're looking like they might be agnostic on the idea:
    Q: With the launch of 2.0, will we be able to change our character's gender? Can we change names?
    A: Are you sure this is a good idea? Continue to give us feedback on the forums!
    So why not let people "give feedback"?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kerin Misteyes
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Yes.

I, personally, will be keeping my character just the way she is (or as close as I can make her in the new engine), but if new races (or new genders for existing races) are being introduced, I would like to see everyone be able to play the character that they would have had if those options where available from the start.

So, for a one time thing at the release of 2.0, when character data is migrated, I believe everyone should get a chance to fully recustomize their character's appearance, race, and gender. With those changes, the character's identity has changed, so they should also have a chance to change things like nameday, guardian, and name.

Essentially, let people choose to keep their existing character, or to create a new character with all the inventory, retainers, quest history, achievements, social lists, linkshells, and levels as the old character. RPers will RP it however they like (I'd imagine, for most, it would be a new character), but that's for us to worry about.

(Edit: I'm undecided on changing Grand Company...)
    (3)

Player
    Character
    C'rysta Zeith
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Yoshi-p thought it was odd to be able to change the gender of your character because the people you've been playing the game with would suddenly see a male Roegardin version of you instead of the female Lalafell you were before.

But... I think it's understandable that people want to change (for instance) from a female Mi'Qote to a Male Mi'Qote, because they didn't have the option to choose a Male Mi'Qote in the first place. The same would apply for the other "missing genders". Personally, because of this, i would give everyone the option to change gender once.

I won't be changing neither the race nor the gender of my character because i've grown fond of it. But i would like to have the opportunity to change my appearence (hairstyle, color, etc). Or at least try out some different appearences, even though i might stick with my current appearence.
    (3)

Credit goes to Niqo'te for her fabulous art in the "Nique's happy fun time!"-thread and Nix/Capa for the Caitlyn drawing to the right. \(^_^ )/
    Give her your support by liking their art!

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I have conflicting opinions over the gender change. This is a rather radical opinion, but I sort of feel that if you do a gender change, you should have to start over. Here's my reasoning behind this: You did put in the time and effort to raise your classes to X level, but on the other hand, "This chick has guy parts now." From an in-game perspective, I feel if some of the Miqo'tes in my LS suddenly changed to catboys, it's hard to relate to that character anymore due to the drastic change. Of course this doesn't affect how I view said person outside of game if I know them personally. Dare I say this kind of ruins some of the immersion of the game? (waits for the torches to be thrown at the mere mention of the "I" word XD )

There's a lot of different ways to argue this and I'm sure many people won't share my opinion; I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. I would also like to suffix this with saying that I have nothing against transgenders personally. I just feel that since you're a "new" person, you should be as such.
    (1)
    Last edited by Orophin; 11-04-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lorelai Bees
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
    From an in-game perspective, I feel if some of the Miqo'tes in my LS suddenly changed to catboys, it's hard to relate to that character anymore due to the drastic change. Of course this doesn't affect how I view said person outside of game if I know them personally. Dare I say this kind of ruins some of the immersion of the game?
    I can understand the difficulty accepting "Abc Def" if he/she changes from a Miqo'te into a Lalafell. However, if "Abc Def" decides to change gender (possibly to better identify with his character), I wouldn't think there would be much issue. From my time in Eorzea, most Miqo'te tend to let those they game with know if they are male-yet-playing-female-Miqo'te; though this is only my own experience through various Linkshells. Although there are plenty who enjoy role-playing their characters.

For me, I think the gender change is a good idea. I simply have always wanted to play a Galka and/or Roegadyn but have trouble identifying with a race that can only be played as Male.

I don't know enough about Grand Companies (due to a lengthy absence), so I can't comment on that. But as for the rest, I'd be happy to see it happen.
    (0)
    I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing. -Anaïs Nin

Player
    Character
    Isidula Granviir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I view this change as starting a new character, just this new character happens to have the same levels and items as your old character, possibly your old character "died" in the Seventh Umbral Era or something. Then again I think of my character as a bunch of stats with a pretty picture, others may not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cindrie Estelloix
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    In the spirit of this thread I would like to see barber shops in every city. I really want to change my hair style and color. This would be after the one time character re-roll.
    (1)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast