Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinseykinz View Post
    I get why people would like the name change option, and I'm sure SE does as well BUT it very well may simply not be possible. All of our character data is more than likely currently tied to our names. Therefore, they have to first come up with a system that changes our character data to something else (probably a number ID...similar to a Social Security No) and then we can change our names. However, doing this might compromise ALL of our character datas. So I'm sure SE needs to balance the risk/ease/reward of it all. So again, I get how changing from a Female Kitty named something like Littlemiss Prettypaws into a Big Bulky Male Roe with the same name, really doesn't work, but we might need to work around that a bit.

This being said, I did read somewhere (maybe in some notes about 2.0) that Yoshi and the dev team are considering dropping surnames from our characters and/or making our names shorter. If this does in fact happen, then everyone will be able to change names as many of us with longer names will be forced to anyway.

Lastly, while this was true since game release, many forget that SE also told us that while birthday's and god/goddess choices currently do not affect gameplay, that if they ever did, we would be allowed to change this information to fit our characters/play style better.
    Based on the fact that they've said they're considering server merges, it's something that they almost have to make available. True, identical names happen less often with a two-name system, but it still happens often enough. For example, Viridiana Sovari is taken as a name on Lindblum (me), Karnak, Melmond, Selbina, Kashuan, Wutai, and Trabia. If any two of these servers were to merge, we'd need to rename for that, if nothing else.

Also, a brief shout-out to the Viridiana's of Selbina and Karnak for going with redhead Hyur Female, like the character should be.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Isagael Rose
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I'm hoping they allow name changes...in case I wasn't clear on that. Just was pointing out SE themselves said they were having issues with it atm. I also posted this before I to read Yoshi's response too possible server merges.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Japella Sigma
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    This idea is awesome
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mireille Celestine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Howdy! I think this might only be my second appearance on these here forums (I'll be working on showing my face around here more, I promise!), but I come bearing some pretty good news

Along with the change to the new graphic engine in 2.0, we announced that it would be possible to change your character's appearance. After that we received a great deal of feedback requesting to be able to change race/gender, as well. After looking at all of the feedback we received, we have decided to allow a one-time change of the following when 2.0 arrives:
    • Appearance
    • Race/Clan
    Some of you may be wondering about the possibility of changing character names, since we're allowing the change for gender. Due to some data-related issues, we will continue to discuss and look into possibility of character name changes.
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but what about a barber shop in addition to the one time appearance change? Hair color and style along with lip color, and maybe eye color should be changeable as often as the player wants. New options for hairstyles should be added over time too.

For those who like to scar their bodies up the ability to add or remove tattoo's should be an option.

Agreed that the ability to change your race/gender/face should be a one time thing or it would be a bit absurd.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiona Valencia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I don't know if it has been said or not. But if they allow us to change Sex they really need to do name as well. It would be pretty weird running around seeing male chars with girl names and vise-versa.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    they already said there gonna let you re-create your character, but they said in 2.0 you'll still be the same grand company. i'll be staying the same because i picked what I WANTED not what everyone else was picking.

percentage of people would still pick something they dont want after they change everything in 2.0, then they'll post SE screwed them.
    (0)

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19