Player
    Character
    Kamesh Knight
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70

New Hunt Idea?!?!

So I had two ideas to help hunt parties & manage early pullers. The idea revolves around a beam of light. Joining a hunt party can be convenient as far as getting to a mob early, but of course we can't spend all our time in a hunt party.

1) Right before a mob spawns, say 5 minutes, a beam of light(with different colors to signify mob rank) is cast, sort of like a summoning. This light can be seen from a long distance, & coming down from the sky. Kinda like a ufo beaming down an object.
    (Beam of light from sky->5 minute timer->light vanishes->Mob Spawns)

2) The beam of light( again with different colors) is shooting upwards from the ground to the sky & inside it is a mob. The mob cannot get out until say 5 minutes.
    (Beam of Light from ground to sky->chained Mob->Light Vanishes->Free mob)

I think both ideas can make it more visible to see a mob instead of having to spend 10+ minutes searching, & allow people a chance to get to the mob on time.

What do you guys think?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Showing off where it is kinda takes away the hunting part of Hunts.
    (3)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Kamesh Knight
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Hmm true, maybe they can do this just for S ranks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Just give us the option to fight our own Hunts with some new form of Levequest... That takes much of the attention off the crappy open world version we currently have, and gives everyone the option to spawn and fight Hunts with their own group, rather than the whole server... Slap in a hierarchy similar to XIs ZNMs and S Ranks can still be as rare as they currently are... You can even use existing quest mechanics to actually simulate an actual hunt with a Levequest-type system...

I really don't think there is any redeeming the current Hunt system... It was a hastily implemented idea designed to appease people clamoring for XI style NMs, but apparently everyone forgot that XI style NMs sucked Ba'als... XI didn't even rely too heavily on the random spawn/stupidly obscure pop condition NM system, XI embraced pop items very quickly and it's more memorable events were built almost entirely around that concept... ZNMs were perhaps the best implementation of that (minus the stupid currency system) and I have no idea why XIV opted to make Hunts similar to King Vinegarroon instead of Sarameya... Same reason we have FATEs instead of Hamlet Defense becoming more of a Campaign type deal, I suppose...

I think I'd actually be even less incline to do Hunts if there was a mandatory 5m warning/waiting time on their spawn... It just makes them even more unfun as there is even more time for more people to arrive... How do people enjoy fighting these things like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstride View Post
    They are called Hunts because you are supposed to hunt them, not just show up when satellite beams home in on their location and alert your GPS.
    To be fair, most already just wait for a shout then show up... A small minority actually hunts them, and I wouldn't even call checking spawn locations to be much of a hunt... Quests that have you kill X for Y so you can attract Z feel more like a hunt to me...
    (4)
    Last edited by Nalien; 07-03-2016 at 02:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ruin Darkstride
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    They are called Hunts because you are supposed to hunt them, not just show up when satellite beams home in on their location and alert your GPS.

Also, there's no such thing as an "early puller". If the hunt is alive and you are capable of defeating it, it's fair game. Waiting for the rest of the server to gather together and get credit is generous, but it's hardly an expectation or requirement. Having a lockout timer before being able to engage the hunt is counterproductive to the way Hunts are designed and intended
    (3)
    Last edited by Darkstride; 07-03-2016 at 02:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kamesh Knight
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstride View Post

Also, there's no such thing as an "early puller". If the hunt is alive and you are capable of defeating it, it's fair game. Waiting for the rest of the server to gather together and get credit is generous, but it's hardly an expectation or requirement. Having a lockout timer before being able to engage the hunt is counterproductive to the way Hunts are designed and intended
    Yes that is why i agreed with Canadane. But maybe something different like an in world primal.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Versatile Bottom
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Faction leves would be a cool way to introduce NMs again. Do certain amount of normal leves to collect faction leves and summon NM type mobs
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    Quote Originally Posted by KameshK View Post
    snip
    I totally agree on this idea but only for S rank, so we'll get rid of the ninja pullers.
    Did a lot of hunts this week end and was always the same crap, everyone wait nicely before pulling a A rank (most of the time) but as soon as a S pops, *** come and ninja pull them so the vast majority of hunters can't even see them. I mean, you do not even have the time de get to the spot that everyone shouts dead and tose *** starts singing Pokemon theme -_-
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.

Player
    Character
    Lysira Sheness
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Linkshells already track hunts and many use hunt tracking websites to know when and where they are available. It's not really hunting IMO. That aspect has been butchered.

I'd say just make a beam of light when the hunt monster has been pulled so everyone in the area knows it's general direction. And doesn't need to waste time asking for it's coordinates.

Could even just make text appear on screen in lieu of Diadem and just say "you sense a dreadful presence in the area" if a A or S rank monster is alive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aranie Crowley
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    As long as they get "locked" for let's say 5min, light or not it would be a progress
    (like the idea of the "you sense a dreadful presence in the area" tho )
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watachy View Post
    C'était en fait SE qui survolait Ishgard sur une liasse de billets

Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    People don't know how to take criticism anymore, and bad play is rewarded with with a coddling mentality. Yes, this is a casual game for the most part - that doesn't mean people need to walk on eggshells in fear of getting reported for pointing out things. This whole 'please don't say anything even slightly negative' mentality that we seem to be going towards and the devs seemingly pushing towards it is creating a disturbing trend.