Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    That said, the idea of not having a wyvern is by in large more popular than having one.

And having a Wyvern tied to the mechanics removes the option of not having a wyvern entirely from that majority.

Where there are alternative solutions for those who want to see a wyvern present.

A mount system can do the whole "I get to watch my wyvern develop." Or having Wyverns only appear for special moves and leave can also have differing graphics depending on the tier of move, signifying growth.

I don't agree with the hostility here. But it seems that people aren't realizing just the loss of choice they have in trying to make Dragoon 'unique'. It can already be unique based off of it's stylization and battle mechanics. No pet needed for that.

The issue is for me at least, Wyverns being tied to Dragoon's mechanics to the point of harming the Dragoon's personal damage. Yoshi presented it in that fashion and that does not sit ok with me, nor the majoirty of the players. There are other ways of having Wyverns in the game, and other ways of having Dragoon be unique. There's no need for any one side being so strung up about it.

But if I was going to take a guess as to the course Yoshi and the devs are going to take on this: You won't be having a constant pet Wyvern at your side, at least not as part of Dragoon's core.

This is why I'm fishing for alternatives that are a middle ground for the player-base as a whole. Most people don't seem to want to make compromises that meet at the middle, more than simply lean slightly away from their side of the debate. Where, honestly, if there is any sort of leaning in the compromise, it should be towards what is more popular.
    (2)

Player

Dark ; ; yoshi already said dragoon will be diminished if a wyvern was a sidekick.... why would you want that?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jerynh Dawn
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokien View Post
    Dark ; ; yoshi already said dragoon will be diminished if a wyvern was a sidekick.... why would you want that?
    I wish he never said that. Everyone is afraid of what that could mean.

Yes, a lot of us want a wyvern for nostalgic purposes. In FFXI every DD job had something to set it apart from the others. WAR had overall power and attack abilities. SAM had TP and WS's. MNK had the hand-to-hand mechanics. THF had positioning. What did DRG have without the wyvern? Jump? Cool... I guess FFXI was just pretty job defining for me. I don't like to see so many features that I loved not make it to this game. I thought the wyvern was awesome... It didn't do a TON of damage, so it didn't take a lot of balancing, it was just a feature that set it aside from other DD's.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krausus Dracul
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrose View Post
    The real IDIOT here is you. Everyone have different opinion, some actually like having a Wyvern. Just because you don't like having a Wyvern and breathing breath out of your mouth is cool it doesn't make your ideas any better. Look like someone is mad. So whoever wanting a Wyvern now is an Idiot? You sir must be the biggest Idiot then!

And I said my ideas is to make the Wyvern grow and become stronger when you level up. That doesn't make the Wyvern a weakling like in FFXI.
    you mad brah

(1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Yes, a lot of us want a wyvern for nostalgic purposes. In FFXI every DD job had something to set it apart from the others. WAR had overall power and attack abilities. SAM had TP and WS's. MNK had the hand-to-hand mechanics. THF had positioning. What did DRG have without the wyvern? Jump? Cool... I guess FFXI was just pretty job defining for me.
    I don't care to have wyvern, but I agree with you on the job part, every job stood out. I wonder how they are going to do that here!?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Schism Drexar
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Jump, dragon abilities (many kind of breaths, many kind of dragon power: on attack, on crit, on tp, double att, etc, dragon fear, dragon scale defense, bla bla....) there are so many abilities we can get from dragons that Yoshi will have much troubles to dont make us too cool and unique.

If you think that only a pet can give us uniqueness, then you should read some D&D book, you will learn something about the Dragons and their lore.

Those creatures are the most powerfull and epic thing you can find in a fantasy book, their power, their intelligence, their cunning, their magic power are totally unmatchable.

Immagine a job with some of those abilities.... it will be far from be similar to other classes\jobs.

We dont need a pet, STOP!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nadien Kirisame
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokien View Post
    I don't care to have wyvern, but I agree with you on the job part, every job stood out. I wonder how they are going to do that here!?
    So the question I have is this... every job stood out... but how did they stand out and how will they stand out here? Lets take the jobs that will be going in here just the 3 you could say DD jobs of WAR, MNK, and DRG. How will MNK(WAR, DRG) stand out from WAR(MNK,DRG) and how will MNK(WAR,DRG) stand out from DRG(WAR,MNK) aside from them all using different weapons I mean. If you look at it not much really aside from weapons or abilities they are still damage dealing jobs they just do said damage with different weapons and abilities.

So then should MNK(WAR,DRG) have some type of pet so it stands out from WAR(MNK,DRG) and DRG(WAR,MNK)?

The cat is bemused =-.-=
    (0)

Player

Dragoon = dragon slayer
    Wyvern = dragon
    Dragoon + Wyvern = Dead Wyvern

It was a pet peeve of mine in 11, it didn't make sense to slay a dragon to unlock the job then take one as a pet.
    Besides, I would rather be a bad ass DD that's not dependent on some crappy little wyvern that just gets in the way of everyone's targeting and gets one shot on tougher fights and simply kills my over all damage.
    It's dragoon, if you want a pet, wait for Summoner or Beast Master to be added.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Akuun View Post
    Dragoon = dragon slayer
    Wyvern = dragon

It was a pet peeve of mine in 11, it didn't make sense to slay a dragon to unlock the job then take one as a pet.
    Besides, I would rather be a bad ass DD that's not dependent on some crappy little wyvern that just gets in the way of everyone's targeting and gets one shot on tougher fights and simply kills my over all damage.
    It's dragoon, if you want a pet, wait for Summoner or Beast Master to be added
    /facepalm, talk about being shortsighted and oblivious to the possibility of change. You know, we aren't playing FFXI anymore, there is a possibility of improvement, and you are not going to be more of a dragon slayer than any other job even though you try to cross dress into some kind of dragon, I take it's fetish of some sort much like latex.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Psxpert Sylph
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuun View Post
    Dragoon = dragon slayer
    Wyvern = dragon

It's dragoon, if you want a pet, wait for Summoner or Beast Master to be added.

I have to agree though it's FFXI and the only game I HOPE is the only one using the gimmick.
    (1)

~'\[[_LEGACY_]]/'~
    TENTs because solo-friendly content forces me to want one!
    (HP + Instantly logout anywhere)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/my/
    *Excalibur* Nation: Limsa Laminsa

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast