Player
    Character
    Roth Trailfinder
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by bass9020 View Post
    They have 1 weapon mirroring 2 same as ninja. But monk using 2 of the same doesn't seem weird I don't think you would want 2 different types of punching weapons lol
    Yang from FF4 used two different claws a lot. Well, a lot of the time that he was even around, which wsan't much.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elise Daggerfell
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 42
    I'm a fan of dual wield in games like Dark Souls, so why not.

I thought I would want to see a dual wield spear build, but I cant think of a real benefit for it other than to show off weapons. Definitely would like a spear-shield wield instead of the spear taking two hands. Would also love to see a mage wield a sword or axe in the off hand, maybe a bow like Rosa can have in FF4.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cakellene St
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaPastaMan View Post
    I'm a fan of dual wield in games like Dark Souls, so why not.

I thought I would want to see a dual wield spear build, but I cant think of a real benefit for it other than to show off weapons. Definitely would like a spear-shield wield instead of the spear taking two hands. Would also love to see a mage wield a sword or axe in the off hand, maybe a bow like Rosa can have in FF4.
    Reminds me of my warden from lotro.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yasuo Theunforgiven
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I mean come on guys and gals, we all know dep down we want to be that badass warrior charging in with two axes/swords into the battle.While sure we may have to do a little extra for it but in the end itll all work out cause the RNG gods are never on our side =D

(1)

Player
    Character
    Itza Trap
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 51
    Lmao, not really, personally I think dual wielding is just too edgy for my tastes and for me the bare minimum would be a weapons with a very short offhand weapon. This is probably the most practical sense of dual-wielding and wasn't mainstream due to the fact training a soldier to carry two weapons is harder than a specialized soldier carrying one. I think think if there would be such a mechanic, the offhand weapon should be used defensively like a shield, but designed for parrying. Give them abilities that increase parry damage reduction, a ability that increases parry chance, and allow them to get a damage boost after a successful parry, all of this within a times window. Would be a pretty interesting tank, definitely one wit a high skill ceiling.

Who knows maybe this is what they have in mind for the next samurai class, after all probably the most famous swordsman in Japanese history is Musahsi Miyamoto
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rouvaldr Storbjorn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Duel wielding is extremely overrated.
    (2)
    Challenge the weak to make them strong.

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Croweyes View Post
    Duel wielding is extremely overrated.
    In reality, yes. But this is not reality, it's fantasy, and in fictional, fantasy settings, dual wielding is awesome.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rouvaldr Storbjorn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    In reality, yes. But this is not reality, it's fantasy, and in fictional, fantasy settings, dual wielding is awesome.
    Meh, opinion's, just cause its fantasy doesn't mean duel wield is " le cool, awesome "

I am forever thankful Machinest is single handed gunner. Will I riot if some class [ like samurai ] be duel wielding a weapon? Not really, though i'm willing to bet some one will actually cry over it if they don't.
    (0)
    Challenge the weak to make them strong.

Player
    Character
    Deepening Shadow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    My blackmage doesn't feel special enough. I want to dual wield twin Dalamuds to bring down on my enemies every time i cast fire

Also as a Roe I feel like I should be entitled to pick up and dual wield lalafells
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cynric Caliburn
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MistakeNot View Post
    Never. There is no such thing as "proper" dual wielding. If you look historically - back when they actually used swords, axes, etc. to fight - nobody ever[*] used two weapons at once. When possible weapon+shield or (rarely) a 2h-weapon was much preferred.

[*] There is actually one well-known exception. The use of rapier+dagger was not uncommon during the renaissance, but that is just about the only historically documented occurence of using two weapons at once.
    Musashi?
    Kodachi are primarily dual.
    Short swords+ bucklers,
    Axe+shortsword,double axe,
    Scimitars, katars,etc.

I think you only know about English weapon history and barely that.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast