Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi_Bushido View Post
    We already have this. It's called a linkshell.

I don't know what an alliance system can do in this game that a linkshell doesn't already allow. Perhaps the ability to use another FC's housing features, and that's about it.
    Linkshells are inherently more limited becaase of the membership count.

I'd love to see FC alliances come along, there are a lot of smaller FCs, and medium sized ones who's members have friendships with other players creating a great deal of overlap. FC alliances would allow small/medium Free Companies to join forces in effect making them larger, without sacrificing their individuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaho View Post
    it was mostly so Large (and i mean large) FCs can have sister FCs and still be "allied" so if you hit the member limit on the more bloated servers, you could still communicate as a whole through this FC alliance, Linkshells dont work for this particular circumstance, And Linkshells dont have the benefit of some of the UI elements that the FC one does. other then that, no real purpose
    I'm not sure that this was primarily intended to bridge a small number of large FCs together to work around the membership limits. I think that actually the idea was to allow several small or a few medium sized FCs to ally themselves and work together as one, without sacrificing their individual identity as difference FCs.
    (3)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Maero View Post
    This and they had also talked about being able to summon Primals after defeating them, i am guessing this idea was also thrown out
    With the way the lore works, I'm surprised they even came up with the idea to begin with.
    (2)

Character
    Kosmos Meishou
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    With the way the lore works, I'm surprised they even came up with the idea to begin with.
    LOL, Indeed, we spend so much time worrying and wringing our hands over beast tribes summoning the primals, and then we defeat them. Why would we then turn around and do exactly what the beat tribes were doing, despite the knowledge we have of it's cost.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Palamula Anamaleth
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    I'm not sure that this was primarily intended to bridge a small number of large FCs together to work around the membership limits. I think that actually the idea was to allow several small or a few medium sized FCs to ally themselves and work together as one, without sacrificing their individual identity as difference FCs.
    Yeah but SE's intentions, and how we as the audiance uses these features are usually pretty different :P I was just ocmmenting on how We as a playerbase would mostly use it. if you're a small FC, whats the point in rteaming up with naother small FC? that's more of a linkshell thing. to me the only use of an FC alliance is to get around the member limit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aixa Ravenpaw
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi_Bushido View Post
    We already have this. It's called a linkshell.

I don't know what an alliance system can do in this game that a linkshell doesn't already allow. Perhaps the ability to use another FC's housing features, and that's about it.
    Linkshells existed when they posted that. They must've had some features in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    Could've been a FF6 style thing, considering materia are in the game.
    (2)

Player
    Lol LS are not the same as free comp ally's .... Not by a long shot. I'm 100% for them adding it and it need to come out sooner then l8tr. Make it so FC that don't have a house and ally with one that has one so they can use it too. 2-3 small FC can team up and still have there own way of running there guild.. But still use the same outline.bigger servers need this more!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maiko Raines
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Alliances are a good thing for those who have a small FC versus a large one. The smaller FC might not want a ton of members but at the same time, be able to call on a more larger, experienced FC to help them with progression or just getting together.

I'm all for the system. Can one of the community forum team answer this for us?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahn Yemeth
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 77
    Would love an alliance system.

Edit:

Shared FC Buffs-- Running around with every FC buff ever is silly, but 3 or 4 FC buffs, and the system already has weight to it. (Raiding + Crafting FC buffs on at the same time. Who wouldn't want that?! Just one example.)

Location-- A new chat. A link-shell could do as well, but perhaps many people don't have a slot they can give up. This fixes that problem.

These are just 2 example of how it could benefit many people if implemented.

Shared FC buffs means a hard restriction of 2 or 3 FC's per alliance, or something in place to make it not go so silly. Or hell! ALL FC BUFFS ALL THE TIME, ANARCHY!
    (0)
    Last edited by Luascadan; 07-01-2016 at 06:45 AM.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/333165/

Player
    Character
    Garu Dyne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I would like to ally my small FC with a friend's. Hopefully we can do this~
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    There was talk of having PVP style battles between friendly FCs & a multitude of great ideas. Imagine that all the homeless allied FCs could use the company workshop of the main FC but have a completely separate set of airships etc. That was the benefit. Effectively, any FC that was allied to one with a house had access to every bonus a house gives as if it were their own.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast