Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Selena Zensh
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Why implement a Token System when they could put in a Weekly side quest that is class/job based like the Relic Weapon system?

When you pick up the quest it selects the rewards based on the class you used to pick it up with. When you run Weeping City and complete it you complete the quest, when you turn it in you get the Mhachi Matter, Mhachi Penny, and a choice of 1 piece of gear for the class you picked up the quest with.

You can also leave the RNG drops in the run itself. While this would mean that people can gear up from Weeping City a bit faster, 2 possible pieces per week, Weeping city gear cannot be upgraded to 240 anyways. It would just mean that they can move onto gear their alts faster.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TankHunter678 View Post
    Why implement a Token System when they could put in a Weekly side quest that is class/job based like the Relic Weapon system?

When you pick up the quest it selects the rewards based on the class you used to pick it up with. When you run Weeping City and complete it you complete the quest, when you turn it in you get the Mhachi Matter, Mhachi Penny, and a choice of 1 piece of gear for the class you picked up the quest with.

You can also leave the RNG drops in the run itself. While this would mean that people can gear up from Weeping City a bit faster, 2 possible pieces per week, Weeping city gear cannot be upgraded to 240 anyways. It would just mean that they can move onto gear their alts faster.
    Just to add a bit more of a time-sink element to this, let's say the final piece of loot is a random item you do not yet possess for the class in which the quest was acquired, weighted originally for lower-stat pieces (belt > helm/gloves/boots > legs/chest), but allowing you to rerun the quest for another chance at (only) the piece of gear, rerolling it such that it favors the upper-stat pieces by, say, 4 tries. Chance to reroll a choice already given is greatly reduced (i.e. you might see the same option you already passed up if you only have 3 pieces left for that job, while moving up to the chest that you really want, which would probably take only around 3 tries to get at that point. Once any gear piece is taken, the quest is made unavailable until next week. Now it can still be rushed or time-sinked, but no longer varies based on competition, and on average is some 3x+ faster (unless one would have otherwise settled on unwanted alt loot).

I'd just keep the Matter and Penny as standard drops though. There's really no advantage to making them part of any quest, as they doesn't vary with class.

As for the per-week output I feel like the single piece per week is fine unless we start seeing a shift towards punishing same-character alts a lot less, in which case I'd like to see it simply give 1 per job per week, to X maximum total pieces per week.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryu Saarva
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    token system sucks, I like random drops.
    (6)

Character
    Frederick Chronos
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    guys stop arguing with me i am right the rng of the 24 man raids needs re working end of story
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    inb4 someone mentions the penny and farthing actually being tokens...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by papichulo123 View Post
    guys stop arguing with me i am right the rng of the 24 man raids needs re working end of story
    That's your personal opinion. I like it as it is with a chance to get an item from the ones I want on the first run.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Diangelo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniPrinny View Post
    They could at least code a system that checks when a boss is killed and filters out all roles not present in the party. For example, if your party is DRK/WAR/WHM/WHM/MNK/MNK/NIN/BLM, you'd only get fending, healing, striking, scouting, and casting gear for the whole run assuming everyone stays.
    That seems like a pretty solid way to ensure that you never get anyone who is capable at their role.
    (0)
    Last edited by loreleidiangelo; 07-01-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by loreleidiangelo View Post
    That seems like a pre solid way to ensure that you never get anyone who is capable at their role.
    I'm sorry, what?? How does creating a smart system for dropping loot only applicable to the roles in your party have anything to do with being paired with people who are horrible?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Diangelo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
    I'm sorry, what?? How does creating a smart system for dropping loot only applicable to the roles in your party have anything to do with being paired with people who are horrible?
    I'm sure groups would much rather have me on my Astrologian than my MNK, but...I don't need gear on my AST, I need it for my MNK. See where I'm going with this?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cnidaria Vaeriat
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniPrinny View Post
    They could at least code a system that checks when a boss is killed and filters out all roles not present in the party. For example, if your party is DRK/WAR/WHM/WHM/MNK/MNK/NIN/BLM, you'd only get fending, healing, striking, scouting, and casting gear for the whole run assuming everyone stays.
    I'm sorry, but this is a terrible idea. One of the reasons we have the 24 man raids is to act as a means of gearing multiple jobs. Some people would rather run the 24man as a healer while using the drops to gear a dps they like to play from time to time. By using your method, that healer now will only be able to obtain gear if they luck out and have someone else in the party be the same job as the one they want to gear. Also, considering that the 24 man raids are released during the catch up patches, maybe said healer or even a tank wants to change roles to a dps for the next raid cycle, but currently that DPS job doesn't meat the ilvl requirement. Now they don't even have the option to run the raid as the job they want to gear.

I typically run WCoM as a BLM or a WHM, but I like the way the DRG set looks and I don't need any more gear from WCoM for my main (BLM) or my alt (WHM) so I've been rolling on DRG gear for glamour reasons. Once I finish that, I also like the way the gear looks for other jobs as well and plan on obtaining those items. The raid as a whole is a lot better off with me going as BLM or any of the 3 healers than me going in as a different dps. Using your system, I would have to inconvenience 23 other people with lower dps just so I can get gear for that one job I'm trying to get items for.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
    The problem is, it isn't a smart system at all. Please see my comment above and the statement below. The system proposed is actually forcing people to play jobs they might not be proficient at and thus you would end up being paired with more people who are subpar in an attempt to avoid having gear drop for jobs that are not present.

Quote Originally Posted by loreleidiangelo View Post
    I'm sure groups would much rather have me on my Astrologian than my MNK, but...I don't need gear on my AST, I need it for my MNK. See where I'm going with this?
    Edit - Misread NorthernLadMSP post and corrected my reply to facilitate that.
    (3)
    Last edited by Cnidarian; 07-01-2016 at 02:56 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast