Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by randysquirrel View Post
    Guess I am guilty of this. Whatever I do, from a project at work to frying an egg, I'll always do my best. Guess it's just the way I was brought up, or maybe an age/culture thing. If that egg comes out perfect or not doesn't really matter, but I'll still try and get it just right. If something's worth doing at all, it's worth me putting in the effort.
    In the end, I think this is really what it comes down to in a lot of cases - those of us who keep bringing this topic up are the type of people who always strive to do their best, to be better than we were before, and who also happen to have a fair bit of free time to worry about these things. Naturally, there's all sorts of circumstances that might prevent players from investing a lot of time and effort in a game like this, but there's also the fact that a lot of people are happy with just doing the bare minimum, for all things in life.
    (2)
    Last edited by seekified; 07-05-2016 at 11:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arawn Wymer
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    If a person can nail a rotation in 1Day. Or few hours then everyone else can. Its the matter of trying and not trying
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mattelot Leviathan
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    One million% incorrect. You're assuming that everyone is equally skilled, knowledgeable and experienced.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Ayaminae Yirien
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by randysquirrel View Post
    this started off as some deep analogy, but I got lost because I started thinking about my egg
    Well, potatoes go good with eggs :P Sorry, had to
    (3)

Player
    Character
    R'lileen Min'enoth
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I disagree about the fact you say he's a troll.

In fact I agree with both him and you since I never consider the world as white or black but grey. Anyway, that is not the question. I will give proper explanation about my point of view :

We can improve, right. We agree on this point.

BUT, we only can to a certain extent. We can become good but not every people can become a master or an expert. In that meaning, I think you have been too harsh with him.

It is just a fact that people aren't
    equally skilled, knowledgeable and experienced.
    no matter how hard they try.
    (5)
    Last edited by Eldevern; 07-06-2016 at 02:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Flo Fyloord
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldevern View Post
    I disagree about the fact you say he's a troll.

In fact I agree with both him and you since I never consider the world as white or black but grey. Anyway, that is not the question. I will give propoer explanation about my point of view :

We can improve, right. We agree on this point.

BUT, we only can to a certain extent. We can become good but not every people can become a master or an expert. In that meaning, I think you have been too harsh with him.

It is just a fact that people aren't no matter how hard they try.
    Some of our viewpoints is expecting people to know very bare stuff like combo rotations (in which the game even highlights the skills) or not standing in AoE. Going by the thread's history, there's resistance to even that sort of expectation (or ignorance of it altogether, whichever), which is causing so much rift. We're speaking of people who can't do even that at level 60 in EX roulettes. Is that honestly too much to even expect at level 60, because that's the vibe I'm getting from some of the replies here.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Itza Trap
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by RiceisNice View Post
    Some of our viewpoints is expecting people to know very bare stuff like combo rotations (in which the game even highlights the skills) or not standing in AoE. Going by the thread's history, there's resistance to even that sort of expectation (or ignorance of it altogether, whichever), which is causing so much rift. We're speaking of people who can't do even that at level 60 in EX roulettes. Is that honestly too much to even expect at level 60, because that's the vibe I'm getting from some of the replies here.
    No, we are talking the meta rotations, ie openers and other rotations that maximize or makes there playstyle effecient.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Arawn Wymer
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldevern View Post
    I disagree about the fact you say he's a troll..
    Which I don't mind at all. We all can improve, so we both agree there, yes, I do agree again people learn slower than others and some are just a natural talent in games. People aren't experienced but that have very many reasons to do so. Small list
    Fresh to game perhaps?
    No knowledge of class or job
    Then the worse one, people are given false fact and that could also leave people out of groups,which leads to being in experienced. If a player have no clue why they aren't included in let's say extreme primal fights,but given fact they aren't good enough and I talk about a 80% gameplay here which is totally fine in my book and I'm sure many here agrees there. However, when some one preaches them with people who do ex primals are eltist because we actually beat the content, they start to think it's fine to just stay bad. This is a big issue.

I might have been harsh and I've been in the past. I do tell people i'm sorry if I go to far, however about Mat I wont. First of all spreading lies about me and make up things I've never said, then tries to get away without saying sorry, isn't something I will accept. In my nature I'm only harsh to those I think really desveres it, in this case Matt.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Itza Trap
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 51
    Geez man what's your beef with matt?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ayaminae Yirien
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachPapaya View Post
    Geez man what's your beef with matt?
    Click Matt's name, view all posts. That'll show you what issues people have with him. He argues with people just for the sake of arguing, most likely just trolling. Argues with people how "no one can be carried", which in fact, people can be. Claims everyone who tells him how to play or gives advice(which by his posts, theres a high chance he's one of those people who don't even do basic rotations or mechanics and gets mad if someone points it out), is an elitist and when you point out a flaw in that logic (which by that logic, tutorials are elitist to him since they tell you how to play), he goes off on how you "got told" by him and other crazy nonsense about how everyone is making up stuff just because he's never encountered it. Not to mention he's used the "I pay my sub" excuse and hinting that his sub is worth more than the rest of the pt, so he's content with bringing the overall pt down.

He's pretty much the equivalent of a 12 year old on League of Legends and at this point from all of his stuff, it's just best to keep scrolling when you see Matt post something.
    (9)
    Last edited by Obysuca; 07-06-2016 at 02:45 AM.

Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast