Player
    Character
    Morri Umi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60

"Who, WHAT are you?" *main story spoilers*

What did King Thordan mean? What did he see as he died? Is they're any theories on this? It's very interesting and it's been bugging me xD
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shamo Lomenzo
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I assumed he thinks you're so powerful that there's no way you're actually human.

Really, you're a human with the Echo and he's just mad that he lost.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Well, my theory is that it was just his ego talking - he had become so deluded by that stage that he was a literal god, that no mere 'mortal' could defeat him, even a 'servant of the light' as he termed us. Naturally this delusion blinded him to one fatal flaw in his plan. We are the one the Garleans call with a terrified respect the 'Eikon Slayer', as we have made a name for ourselves destroying Primals like what he had become. With the Blessing relit and even more powerful than it was before, needless to say we made sport of him and his knights. And thus even defeated, he still could not see that, to him his defeat was an impossibility, a paradox. He destroyed a 'servant of the Darkness' (Lahabrea) easily enough, servants of the Light should have been cake! He was a literal god! No mere mortal could lay him low like that!

It was just his ego and arrogance refusing to accept the reasons for his own downfall - putting the 'blame' back onto us as being somekind of unknown quantity that he was demanding to know in the final seconds of his existence rather than accepting that he was responsible for his own demise, the moment he started consorting with the Ascians and decided to become a Primal his fate was sealed, and even in his final moments he couldn't accept that.
    (24)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 06-20-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Morri Umi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Your comments never fail to disappoint Enkidoh, that is a pretty good way of looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamo_Lomenzo View Post
    Really, you're a human with the Echo and he's just mad that he lost.
    I do believe we are more than that. There's other characters with the echo and they haven't performed the feats we have. Whether that's just fighting prowess or not idk.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Shamo Lomenzo
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by revonine View Post

I do believe we are more than that. There's other characters with the echo and they haven't performed the feats we have. Whether that's just fighting prowess or not idk.
    Isn't the WoL Hydaelyn's champion or something? Basically "the chosen one", right? Humans can be "chosen ones", yeah?

Idk my memory of the story isn't what it used to be. I've been playing a lot of different RPGs lately.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shamo_Lomenzo; 06-20-2016 at 10:04 AM.

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    We do have the Blessing of Light, but so do others (Krile for one, but she's generally a non-combatant; no Eikon Slayer anyway. I'm doubting Minfilia did, considering the Blessing kept Nab out of the Rising Stones, but once it was sealed for us...) so its actually hard to say just *what* makes us so special.

Yeah, we also are bound to Midgardsormr by some unknown covenant, and are Hydalyn's Champeon...but there's no explanation for either of those beyond words. No reasoning why or what they mean.

I get the feeling we're going to get a lot of answers when we revisit the Keeper soon enough.
    (2)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    As for the OP, I get the feeling he did see *something* about us as his Aether dispersed. Maybe a clearer sight of the Blessing within us, maybe something else.

But, I do agree with Enkidoh that a lot of it was just him in complete disbelief that he was defeated. 1000 years of prayer and the near-infinite Aether from the Triad and the Eye...and he lost so easily...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    There's other characters with the echo and they haven't performed the feats we have. Whether that's just fighting prowess or not idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamo_Lomenzo View Post
    Isn't the WoL Hydaelyn's champion or something? Basically "the chosen one", right? Humans can be "chosen ones", yeah?
    Each language has its own idiosyncrasies in how it expresses concepts, but at different times and in different ways each one implies in some way that there is a noteworthy difference between Hydaelyn's Champion / The Warrior of Light and someone who is simply Echo-blessed.

An easy example, in your first meeting with Midgardsormr, he easily recognizes the Echo but is shocked and offended to see that Hydaelyn has granted you the protections afforded to her champion, and thus the responsibilities demanded of him via the covenant. Another clear separation, Toto-rak in French (where your enemy spells out your threat to him with James Bond Villain-like clarity):

Quote Originally Posted by Lahabrea
    Il y avait bien longtemps que je n'avais pas vu un “Guerrier de la Lumière”, ce mal insidieux qui ronge la planète. En plus de l'Écho, tu as le pouvoir d'interférer dans le monde de l'éther et de matérialiser des cristaux de lumière.
    It's been a long time since I've seen a "Warrior of Light," that insidious evil that eats away this planet. In addition to the Echo, you have the power to interfere with the aetherial world and manifest crystals of light.
    Few are blessed with the Echo, fewer understand its purpose, fewer heed its call, fewer receive a Crystal of Light. Almost no one accumulates six. One alone affords enhancements and protections that transcend mortal limits. Balancing out that whole glyph there in a way that allows Hydaelyn to manifest Her power to your benefit is an extraordinary advantage. That's not to say that it's not our own power that is the focus, of course; it's a feedback loop. Hydaelyn made her choice for a reason. The Crystals of Light are both drawn to and further the strength of the chosen.

At least, that's how I've been lead to understand it so far.
    The borders change on occasion, such as when Krile was protected from Ultima (presumably) by one Crystal of Light.
    (14)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 06-20-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Morri Umi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PArcher View Post
    As for the OP, I get the feeling he did see *something* about us as his Aether dispersed. Maybe a clearer sight of the Blessing within us, maybe something else.
    This truth of things that Elidibus refered to before? I can't recall exactly when though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Juyon Intoner
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Given some revelations that come from the newest part of the Triad story, its POSSIBLE there is something other than the Blessing that caused Thordan see us in shadow and all that...spoils since not part of the main story currently just in case.

Given what the refrence is though, I don't think our use of White Auracite on Nabriales and Igeyorhm is changing us. We never channeled their power and only kept them locked in it for, at most, a minute. But its still possible that Zodiark's power has seeped into our own just from those brief interactions. Mostly theory, and I don't even believe it myself.

Otherwise I agree with others, its mostly Thordan in disbelief, as well as the fact that he was dying.
    (0)

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast