Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

1.19 Weaver 40+ woes

Anyone else feel 40+ is pretty hopeless after the last update? I've gone through the recipe list (old and new) at least 3 times and still can't figure out what to grind on without tossing away millions of gil.
    The average synth on my server cost me about 20k each if I buy the mats or about 15k if I craft the cloth from scratch. Rough estimates of course.
    Selling the end product to NPCs will net a return of about 2-2,5k / synth so that's really not an option. And trying to sell like 500x cotton/fent gear pieces would take months at the rate stuff is selling at wards atm. (not to mention crash the entire weaver market when 50 other players do the same thing)

So.. am I missing something? or are we really just supposed to pick between tossing out millions of gil on grinding or slowly rank up with only weaver leves?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I went from 43 to 50 since 1.19 released using only leves and a few dozen synths for new gear for myself and friends. It's not that slow, since most of the time you don't have to leave town to refresh the list and get more L40 leves in Ul'dah.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Woolen cloth to 50 still seems the best bet. You should be able to bazaar the cloth without making a loss or perhaps a small profit.
    (0)

Player

Be lucky you are at least 40! I have the same 'being stuck' feeling @ r33.

Seems more and more like repeating the same in-town leves is the best (cheapest) option.
    (0)
    ~ Paradise Oblivion
    ~ http://po.clancentral.us

Player
    Character
    Robert Redensa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I did a little digging around on Mooglebox. Looks like at 40 the Linen Artisan's hat may be worthwhile for grinding. Woolen Chausses may be viable a little higher up. Then Felt Chausses. If you have a supply of boar leather that opens up more options, for now I'm just going on what uses only cloth materials.

I got 91 XP on Woolen Cloth (x3) at 50, so it's got to be around 43. Sadly that makes it highly impractical for grinding to 50 now.

Good luck!
    (0)

Player

Thanks for the replies.

The problem on cornelia is overpriced mats, velv cloth is 4k, linen cloth 8k, undyed felt 24k and for some reason woolen cloth and only one woolen yarn both sell for 6.5k each so I dont bother making them myself.
    Perhaps I'm just on a bad server?
    I'll be doing leves until the economy becomes better probably.

@Aratharn
    Have you tried linen yarn and cloth? That's what I made at your level.
    (2)

Player

Lol on Fabul there is almost never any woolen yarn in stock and if it is it costs more than the cloth...
    (0)
    Last edited by Radiator; 11-02-2011 at 02:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    40 - 50 for most crafts is leve-based now. That's not a bad thing. This grind can be done very easily and over about 10 days, to boot. Just get the local leves from in-town NPCs, hasty hand them, rinse, repeat. The bonus SP is about 3.2 - 3.5k per leve, regardless of quality. You can earn more SP based on the item synthed (if done normally) but at a time expense.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Lizam Prower
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    40 - 50 for most crafts is leve-based now. That's not a bad thing. This grind can be done very easily and over about 10 days, to boot. Just get the local leves from in-town NPCs, hasty hand them, rinse, repeat. The bonus SP is about 3.2 - 3.5k per leve, regardless of quality. You can earn more SP based on the item synthed (if done normally) but at a time expense.
    I never thought about using hasty hand for exp. Just a few questions:
    - Does not having your LTW skill up high reduce this method of spamming leves? I've noticed leves still have you crafting Dated gear which still require LTW as a sub craft (my LTW is only 24)
    - Do you just stick to Ul'dah as a WVR for leves? Or do limsa/grid have any good leves for spamming hasty hand?
    - A lvl30 leves (maybe even lvl20?) still useful to complete, or just lvl40?

Thanks! ^_^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maleko Kekoa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'm just pissed that the tons of cotton bolls (and yarn) I'd saved up to grind my way up into the 40's (from low 30's) are now worthless to me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast