Character
    Sumatata Tokui
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by rickalk View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

The problem on cornelia is overpriced mats, velv cloth is 4k, linen cloth 8k, undyed felt 24k and for some reason woolen cloth and only one woolen yarn both sell for 6.5k each so I dont bother making them myself.
    Perhaps I'm just on a bad server?
    I'll be doing leves until the economy becomes better probably.

@Aratharn
    Have you tried linen yarn and cloth? That's what I made at your level.
    As we speak there's literally hundreds of wool threads up.
    (0)

Player

- Does not having your LTW skill up high reduce this method of spamming leves? I've noticed leves still have you crafting Dated gear which still require LTW as a sub craft (my LTW is only 24)
    - Do you just stick to Ul'dah as a WVR for leves? Or do limsa/grid have any good leves for spamming hasty hand?
    - A lvl30 leves (maybe even lvl20?) still useful to complete, or just lvl40?
    My LTW is not high enough, so there is an increased rate of failure on those old recipes in the local leves, but it shouldn't keep you from completing them at 45+.

I stick to Ul'dah leves just because its where I set my favored destinations in order to reduce anima costs. Since I generally have to hand one in at blue fog/ broken water/ and sometimes horizon.

30 leves still give over a 1000xp bonus. I find sometimes I have to do a couple to get more leves to reset in the 40's. I usually do the ones that are handed in at Ul'dah or the locations I have to go anyways. The 20 leves only give around 700xp. I pretty much hasty hand everything except for the one leve that resets at lv50, this one gives about 400xp per synth at lv 47 and is probably the only one worth crafting without hasty hand.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xenor Vernix
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I've gone from 40 to 8k from 45 just this weekend doing leves, I'm happy with that. I ran out of leves however and trying to figure out how to get that last 8k. Might try some woolen or felt gear. I can always SB it and turn it into materia if it doesn't sell. Not so bad for 8k but I wouldn't grind on it to 50. Leves are the way forward and have been for every craft since the change to their rewards. I never grind past 35 any more and do as little as possible from 30-35. Below that you're best grinding. Never seen a 45 weaver leve however, so annoying.
    (0)
    FFXIV: ARR item database, ability lists, maps, guides, dungeon loot lists and more. - http://www.ffxivinfo.com

Player

Yeah... Pants make the Man is the one that comes up as a 50 leve in Ul'dah, but I've never seen any leves for weaving there come up as a 45.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aysun Demiir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Local leves. Over and over and over. The only downsides are running out of leves or anima, so if you want to grind hard I recommend really focusing only on weaver from 40-50, not sharing leves with other crafts or your battle ones. I just accepted the highest ones I could in Ul'dah, set a favored location to BW, completed, delivered in the most efficient way I could, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizam View Post
    I never thought about using hasty hand for exp. Just a few questions:
    - Does not having your LTW skill up high reduce this method of spamming leves? I've noticed leves still have you crafting Dated gear which still require LTW as a sub craft (my LTW is only 24)
    - Do you just stick to Ul'dah as a WVR for leves? Or do limsa/grid have any good leves for spamming hasty hand?
    - A lvl30 leves (maybe even lvl20?) still useful to complete, or just lvl40?

Thanks! ^_^
    -I don't use hasty hand for exp due to it basically cutting your exp in half. :3 But, if the end reward makes up for that, I suppose why not?
    -My LW was in the 30s when I was lvling weaver, and I do think it is important to have it around that lvl if you plan on spamming the locals. Some of my leve synths still said my LW was too low, however I could succeed, it was just a little harder.
    -I stayed in Ul'dah.
    -I only did lvl 35+, that chunk of exp at the end was rewarding enough to keep me going.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sothis Caoimhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I ended up using the absurd amount of flax I had from leves and harvesting. Converted it into thread, and then used that thread to make the old colored linen cloth, which is a 49 synth and gave decent exp. The dyes are, at least on Cornelia, still cheap, so it's not too bad in terms of cost.

It's less worthwhile now at 47 though, so I'm just mostly burning leves at this point, but it was very nice in the early 40s.
    (1)

Player

Dyed Linen Cloth does work as a grind, if you can get the dyes and can afford the shard costs. Those old-dyes will "dry up" eventually though, they do still get posted from time to time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synyster Mugiwara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I feel all the woes, I am level 43 Weaver, all I level on is the 4 R40 leves in Ul'dah.. its very tedious but I avg a level a day if I am able to grind leves for a couple hrs.. Weaver has no R45 Leves, but it does have a R50 one.. Ive been spamming the same R40 leves since L35..

They need new leves.. no reason we shouldn't get tons of leves for every 5 level increments.. still takes time to chocobo to the camp to turn in unless you are burning through your anima..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Erdra Tyr
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I am currently having to level leather to even DO my Lv.40 leves...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synyster Mugiwara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I am currently having to level leather to even DO my Lv.40 leves...
    Ya man thats brutal but you can at least do leather to 35 w/o leves if you can afford mats or take the time to farm them..

Raptor Sinew + Beeswax is good till 34.. GOOOO Erdra
    (0)

11. 02-24-2012 09:50 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2