Player
    Character
    Kirae Naellenar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 70

Reasoning behind locking the new cross-class gathering and crafting gear glamour?

I just..don't understand why this was at all necessary. I doubt I'm the only one who saw the gathering headgear and immediately thought 'Finally, a pair of forehead goggles I can glamour to all my classes.' Reading the finalized patch notes and seeing the item in game after the patch actually made me angry.

As in, I logged off right after fighting through the massive queue.

This has never been the case with multi-class Disciple of the Hand or Land gear in the past, so just..why?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Judah Brandt
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Apparently I was being mean. All complaints are valid. Sorry to hear that Square Enix has poisoned your playing experience by putting class restrictions on that particular piece of gear. Hopefully in the future they will make available to you a piece of headgear that will fulfill your desire to have goggles on all of your outfits.
    (2)
    Last edited by Judah_Brandt; 06-07-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kirae Naellenar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 70
    Which is why this is in the Items and gather section, rather than the housing or tech support one? I agree that the housing situation is also incredibly ridiculous. As in much, much worse than this, but I don't exactly see how it's relevant to a thread in the category about items? People can be upset about more than one thing at a time. Also, this isn't really a fit. It was just annoying enough for my interest in playing for the night to cease to exist.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    James Oakes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Judah_Brandt View Post
    You're seriously throwing a fit because you can't glam a pair of goggles? After seeing all the people who were locked out from getting housing due to errors and server queues..... And you're whining because they made a piece of gathering gear class specific and it screws up your RP or something ridiculous? Wow. Check yourself, you sound insane.
    Wow that was really uncalled for, her complaint seems a fair one. You should try to be nicer.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    A'lyhhia Tahz
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    The Artisan's Glasses suffered from this exact problem back when it was first implemented and a later patch switched them to All Classes. If you and the others disappointed by this decision peacefully and reasonably make your position known, SE may switch the requirement for these goggles as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Siph Erous
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    The reason is actually fairly simple, although is easily fixed. The gear is locked so that people cant spirit bind the gear in instances. It was a big problem back during the first crystal tower raid where people would Spiritbind high level crafting/gathering gear for materia. Blame those people for it. As for a fix they could just make the glamour system seperate from the class system but as before LORE > gameplay
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Esprit Libre
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    An easier fix would simply be to, you know, make gathering gear only bondable by gathering and crafting gear only bondable by crafting. Crazy I know, but it just might work!
    (0)