Player
    Character
    Carmen Sandiego
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

Why no i240 ring for Nidhogg ex as well?

I understand that making the Horde weapons i240 would contradict with the mentality that SE isn't willing to put dips to upgrade weapons into Weeping City just yet, and therefore they went with i235 for the weapons instead. i235 is great as an upgrade for those who aren't clearing a7s. Yet those who are don't have much to gain from completing Nidhogg Ex apart from glamour/alt class weapons. We've had Extremes in the past drop rings such as Garuda and Ramuh to give another option for a Best in Slot ring, why not include one now for an alternative to the current i240 rings and to provide a purpose to all those who have cleared? Still keep the i235 weapons of course, but give a more inclusive reward. If it's a choice based on the difficulty of the encounter vs the reward then that is saying a5s is more difficult than the latest extreme, which is very hard to prove. I'd find it entirely strange if the reason was they simply didn't have the time to put it in as well.

I suppose I just don't understand why they have chosen not to offer up a battle upgrade reward for all players in the latest difficult battle content. Especially if we're months away from the final raid. It doesn't even have to be a ring, but it makes the most sense that it would be.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alex Ftw
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Even better, title?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shirayuki Kova
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 66
    uuuh, and kill all viability of A5S? no seriously, a lot of people are only capable of clearing A5S, A6S remains a thick wall despite the nerf. Plus, its already possible to get 240 acc with Free Gobcoats from hunts + WC.

Its also not difficult for them to do a Shiva Extreme and include a Horde weapon upgrade item for NidHoggEx to pad the fight viability even longer past the point where gobdips become common.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    I'm not sure what the "as well" is referencing. Primals have dropped weapons ever since RamuhEx had low chance to drop one in 07/07/2014. Ever since, always weapons...nothing but weapons for...two years in less than a month.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...582d59335acd84

Why mention a7s in your argument as neither a weapon nor a ring drop there.... >.>
    (0)
    Last edited by Cherie; 06-07-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alex Ftw
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    I'm not sure what the "as well" is referencing. Primals have dropped weapons ever since RamuhEx had low chance to drop one in 07/07/2014. Ever since, always weapons...nothing but weapons for...two years in less than a month.

Why mention a7s in your argument as neither a weapon, gobdip nor a ring drop there.... >.>
    a7s drops 1 i240 weapon 100% of time (upgrade lore i230 item). Also after 4 runs you can buy it if you still don't have one.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fate Li
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    uuuh, and kill all viability of A5S? no seriously, a lot of people are only capable of clearing A5S, A6S remains a thick wall despite the nerf. Plus, its already possible to get 240 acc with Free Gobcoats from hunts + WC.

Its also not difficult for them to do a Shiva Extreme and include a Horde weapon upgrade item for NidHoggEx to pad the fight viability even longer past the point where gobdips become common.

I would actually like to have more than one choice for my 240 rings since I need to have the lore + the midan one if I want both at 240 . Thus no choice at all.

Why mention a7s in your argument as neither a weapon, gobdip nor a ring drop there.... >.>
    Gobdip actually drop from A7S tough =<
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alayna Lazriel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

Umm.....Gobdips do drop in A7S
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cherry Fortuna
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70

Ok.... I know I should have put a cover letter on it...gosh ; ;
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carmen Sandiego
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post

A5S drops all accessories and belt, not just rings, so a5s would still very much be viable even if there were more than 2 rings available for the 2 ring slots we have. Those 240 accessories we have from coats can only upgrade 1 of the rings, the other is the Midan one. Even if they were to add an upgrade token to Nidhogg ex to increase the ilevel of the weapons in the same fashion of Shiva's, it's an incredibly janky way of doing it. And unless they make it i245 with an upgrade token (despite it being an "old" encounter by the time they add it and also of extreme difficulty and not a8s savage difficulty) it's not useful for those that have A8S weapon. There is no practical purpose for those that have i240 weapons to do Nidhogg currently, glamour, alt classes and enjoyment of the fight are it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alex Ftw
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Tbh I wouldn't mind even if it dropped a i240 ring, since its not unfair for the dificulty. Most likely this trial will be harder than a5s, just like thordan was harder than a1s.

Even so its too late now as the patch just came. They can't add a new item new until next patch.

Also honestly, adding a i245 upgrade outside a8s would be a huge slap on the face of everyone raiding(i240 i dont mind but i245 id mind lol). Remember how a3s was considered by some hardest fight last tier? Well... If I had to say, a8s is much harder than a7/6/5. And yeah I mean mechanism wise since midas isnt about dps but mechanisms. Pretty much that i245 weapon from a8s is a thropy for those who have cleared it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alexftw; 06-07-2016 at 05:55 PM.