Player
    Character
    Sir Exit
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Hardcore crafters help!

I am not a hardcore crafter, but im really getting into crafting. From what i understand crafters usually craft one item 5 or 6 levels, then another item for antoher 5 or 6.Im asking all you Hardcore Crafters to help us noobs out. if you remember what items we need please post 1-10, 10-15, 15-20 and so fourth. It will be much appreciated .... <<<Leatherworker>>> 13
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aleczan Knighthill
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I'm not hardcore crafter, but yeah most people aim for recipe 5-6 levels above them, just so we can get 500-600 EXP per synth.

I'm not main Leatherworker, and worse yet, all my recipe knowledge of Leatherwork is kind of outdated. Old recipe I used to use to level up are now only producing useless (outdated/removed) materials.

But I saw my friend making Dodoskin Skullcap which is like level 18. This should net you around 500 EXP, and the materials are very easy to find.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    This will probably give a bit less than Aleczan's suggestion of Dodoskin Skullcaps, but it's way easier. The recipe will be phased out at some point, but for now, it still exists in the game.

LTW 18ish
    1x Dodo Leather
    3x Ice Shard
    3x Wind Shard

Making a guide at this point is difficult because the recipes just changed, and making a guide right now would probably still include the old recipes (such as the one listed above) that will be phased out at some point.
    (3)
    Last edited by Raldo; 11-01-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    You should do both recipes! Make a few Dodoskin skullcaps to sell, and do the other recipe afterward =P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sir Exit
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Thank you for the info, just wanted to share my results. << leatherworker>> 15 dodo leather giving me 185 xp, skull caps 425 again <<Thank You>>
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tolbari Zheix
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 65
    assuming by now your not 13 anymore.. see if you can bust out a few buffalo leather,
    X1 Buffalo Hide
    X1 Chestnut Chips
    >>
    4X Buffalo Leather > Leather Vamps. sell to npc for any leftover profit.. IF you have buffalo leather, but that is a pre 1.19 recipe .
    (0)

Gennario Veltaine: Propieter of G&J's Pleather Pleasures

Player

good advice for any craft. use mooglebox.com
    (0)
    What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    It used to be leather and vamps from 1 to 50 lol but just a note that vamps prices were nerfed bad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jet Chan
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    It's worth it to do your own research on what recipes are appropriate to grind on. I know you probably don't want to hear that (it's often easier to just be told what to do), but each player's material situation is different. Without over-explaining that, here are some simple steps to follow:

1. Choose a recipe that's 1-5 levels above your own. Some recipes are easier, some are harder, so try some out and choose one you can succeed at an appropriate amount of the times. Some recommend you have certain training manuals. If you have these, it goes much smoother and you can attempt a recipe much higher in levels than yours.

2. Choose a recipe that has few materials, or very cheap and easily obtainable materials. Also check how much you can sell it to the NPC for, since that offsets the price of the synth. If you've found a gem of a recipe that is really really cheap to make, then start on it earlier, even if you fail a lot, and keep grinding on it, even if you're getting 200 exp. You have to decide what your priorities are: low gil cost or low time cost.

3. Plan ahead. Some recipes make materials that you will be grinding on later when your level is higher. And some recipes make materials for grinding other crafting classes. There's a lot of synergy to be had, so take advantage of it.

4. Sorry for tooting my own horn here, but I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it: there's no better tool for choosing your craft grinding path than mooglebox. Craft grinding was one of the primary reasons I made the website, and at that time I made the website for myself, without even dreaming thousands of people would be using it. Anyway, choose "Leatherworker" under the recipes section of the menu, and then in the "Level" column, type in ">10 and <30" (or something like that), to filter out irrelevant recipes. You can click on a row if the recipe interests you and it will mark the row pink so you can easily refer to it.
    (9)

www.mooglebox.com :: FFXIV power database and tools
    http://is.gd/huMmzP :: Sig making tutorial

Player

Jet, you made mooglebox? I would like to thank you from the bottom of my gobbiebag, that site is a blessing. My favorite part is how flexible the filters are. If I want to see only shoes that fit a CON, it knows I meant to say CNJ and also shows me shoes that fit "All classes" and "All Disciples of Magic". No other database provides that level of interactivity and the only other site that even lists the new recipes is ffxivpro, but its tedious to look it up on there. For leatherworking, its wonderful to be able to look at my inventory, see I have a bunch of raptor leather, and instantly generate a list of recipes within my level range that use raptor leather.

As a side note, do you have any plans on adding an area for comments on individual items?
    (1)