Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Q: The dark knight job quest was really interesting. Can you please let us know how you came up with this story?

A: Because I feel close to all the stories I wrote, it’s difficult to explain this. When writing the dark knight story, I had an image of dark knights from the FF series in mind, and imagined a dark knight sacrificing something to fight through. We’ve received requests for a continuation of that story so there may be a separate scenario waiting. For now, please continue your ventures with Fray.
    (18)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Q: I really like Nero. I’d like to see him again. Could you write him into the main scenario? I’m also interested in Alisaie and Yugiri.

A: While I can’t give any details, perhaps…
    (27)

Q: I had a really nostalgic feeling due to the original FF-feel of the Matoya quests. Were there any fond memories you have of the scenarios you were in charge of?

A: I pour all my energy into the scenarios every time, so I have fond memories of all of them. I actually had a lot of trouble with the Binding Coil of Bahamut. I joined the team with A Realm Reborn, and I was somewhat lost as to how to continue the story on from 1.0. There was so much to tell through content, so it was quite tough. Additionally, Maehiro’s checks for Alisaie’s character were quite strict.
    (13)

Q: I personally like the members of the rogues’ guild. I’d like to hear more about how they formed and some other stories about them. Will we ever be doing anything with them again?

A: Thank you. I’d like to do something with them again, and I will look into this proactively. Thieves from past FF games have a unique coolness to them.
    (20)

Q: I really liked both the dark knight and alchemist story. Please let us know if there’s any specific story you would like to write next.

A: I would like to write something similar to Matoya’s cave, where you can read up on their everyday lifestyle. Aside from this, near the end of 2.x series, Buscarron is worried about Laurentis in South Shroud, so I would like to write a story based on this.
    (11)

Q: Do you have any plans to add a story focused on love? For example, one which talks about how Livia met Gaius.

A: While I cannot say if Livia and Gaius are deeply in love... I would love to write a love story; however, we do not have any in mind yet, so I’ll use this opportunity to request this to Yoshida!

Yoshida: Characters from the main story have very specific stories to focus on, but I think it’ll be alright to write a story as a side story.
    (25)

Q: During the Patch 3.2 main scenario, Aymeric and Lucia are talking to each other, and she said something that surprised me. Could you tell me about their relationship?

A: At the very least, Lucia has special feelings for Aymeric, and I think he is a bit clueless about what’s right in front of him.
    (36)

Q: As is standard for Letter from the Producer LIVEs, tell us a story about Yoshida.

A: I’d say the best is him asking if I would appear on the Letter from the Producer LIVE in a private room that only had three people in it.
    (10)

Q: Some Sound Director mentioned that a melody came to mind while he was shaving, but do you have similar experience where an idea for main scenario suddenly pops into your head?

A: An idea pops into my head while listening to the song which that Sound Director wrote from that idea. I mentioned this during the test stream, but I bartered to use a song that wasn’t used in Patch 3.3 for a can of coffee. Listening to that kind of song inspires a story. The song wasn’t used this time; however, I believe it can be used later if we can make something for it, so please look forward to it.
    (14)

Q: The cutscene for the Final Coil of Bahamut Turn 4 was very impressive, but did you have any role with the in-game performance?

A: The cutscene team dealt with this, and there are times I make requests; however, some portions are decided based on their suggestions as well as with read-throughs with the team.

The cutscene for Crystal Tower with the Eternal Wind was a surprise from the cutscene team. Even though they were busy for the release of 3.0, they made this without any kind of implementation order. I was quite surprised.
    (10)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast