Seriously, I understand that you might need to wait "a few moments" before you can log back in, but lately I have been stuck completely unable to log in for stretches of tens of minutes on end. This is completely obnoxious because you have no choice as a player other than to keep spamming the login servers over and over until it lets you in. This is exceptionally bad when you are in a dungeon and everyone has to wait for you, or even worse - in the middle of a fight. Even the tiniest little sub-second interruption in your internet can cause a wipe or ruin a dungeon or kick you out of a queue that you had been waiting an hour to pop. It's not just that you've been disconnected, which is annoying in and of itself, but then you can't even get back into the game and have to try dozens of times to log in.

This is particularly frustrating because there is no justifiable reason why this problem has to exist. If you try to log in, and the game thinks you are already logged in, then just kick the copy that is already logged in. This is a problem that has been solved by other games countless times and it makes me exasperated that FFXIV manages to stay behind the curve on these simple user experience cases.

As a note, there was a theory that if you are queued for a roulette, such as with a party, it will not complete the logoff process until you have dropped the queue. I don't have enough data to verify this, but I do know that the extra long 3102 errors have happened even when not queued.