Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemina View Post
    The MSQ isn't going to bring you anywhere near certain unlocks such as feisty little chocobo (companion unlock), treasure hunter, and even certain valuable dungeons like Brayflox and Cutter's Cry which drops really good low level gear and jewelry. These have to be actively sought out, and unlocking them by happenstance is rare. Usually only those obsessed with clearing area maps of quests will do it.

An FC mate and rl buddy unlocked HW content in just a little over a month. When I asked him questions like what rank is his chocobo, what's his favorite event at the gold saucer, which beast tribe does he like the most, or hate the least, or what should I know about this optional dungeon, he had no answers.
    If we're being technical, the overly long and involved company of heroes section of the MSQ does bring you fairly close to a lot of the things you mentioned. That said, knowing which one quest in each of the areas in question unlocks optional content versus which are just extra exp and story to flesh out the world is not at all obvious. You either stumble into some of it(or potentially none of it), or you have to ask someone/look it up/do every thing possible in every place.

As to your FC questions, my bird is only rank 4 as ive been taking a break from training for quite awhile... i really need to get back to that soon, cliffhanger(round square version) is my favorite G.A.T.E., and i have to respect how many crafting levels the ixali helped me get(sylphs, sahagin, and kobalds are all essentially tied for least favorite).

Anyone who rushes to endgame is going to miss A LOT of the game's additional content. Of course you can always go back, but experiencing these things for the first time as a new player or a vet are two entirely different experiences.
    This i agree with 100%. Take your time and see/do things. The end-game content isnt going away. Youll be doing(dreading?) weekly caps, lockouts, and all the rest soon enough. Besides, the "top" of the end-game stack is moved with every content patch. So no matter how long it takes to get there, eventually you'll be on equal footing with all those who rushed through as the new patch puts a bunch of new stuff out that no one has even had a chance to get yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    The MSQ isn't going to bring you anywhere near certain unlocks such as feisty little chocobo (companion unlock), treasure hunter, and even certain valuable dungeons like Brayflox and Cutter's Cry which drops really good low level gear and jewelry. These have to be actively sought out, and unlocking them by happenstance is rare. Usually only those obsessed with clearing area maps of quests will do it.

Both Brayflox and Cutter's Cry are needed for MSQ. Cutter's Cry admittedly not until level 50, but somehow I had it unlocked long before that without actually looking for it. Feisty Little Chocobo is unlocked from a level 30 quest in Camp Tranquil. There is also a level 30 Main Scenario Quest at Camp Tranquil, so you will find that quest quite easily too. Treasure hunter did take a while to find , but eventually I came upon the starting quest for that too without having to search for it.

Knowing which quests unlock stuff and which don't is admittedly not obvious, but there is really no good reason not to pick up every quest available.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by misterdean View Post
    so i just realized there are a bunch of optional dungeons and trials that you won't see by following the main story quests. i'm also just now learning about chocobo battle companion, pvp, gold saucer. kinda makes wonder what else i don't know about.
    Don't forget moogle postman quests and hildibrand quests.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madan Zindorf
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 30
    Is there a list of all Dungs, and trials with areas, and level req anywghere>?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madan Zindorf
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 30
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Madan View Post
    plus the Trials: http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Trial
    I think between those two, it covers all of them.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Madan Zindorf
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 30
    Thanks man!
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3