Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Divine Rose
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I would like to point out that the Visitors (V), the females had breasts. And as you all remember, they were reptiles too
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The question that the OP posrd has merit but not for the meaning that everyone might want. Humans are the only race that has enlarged mammories, no other mammals have them. Just look at the Lalafell, they don't have boobs, at least not visible ones anyway. And by that logic, Miqote shouldn't have any either since they are based on cats. So many questions can be raised, if we look deep enough.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arete Sophoi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    The question that the OP posrd has merit but not for the meaning that everyone might want. Humans are the only race that has enlarged mammories, no other mammals have them. Just look at the Lalafell, they don't have boobs, at least not visible ones anyway. And by that logic, Miqote shouldn't have any either since they are based on cats. So many questions can be raised, if we look deep enough.
    Miqo are based on cats.. AND humans. They are more based on humans than cats. Same with Au'ra and demons/dragons/lizards whatever.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tilla Eversong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Their motif is demons, as said by Koji Fox himself So demons can have boobs...but lizards..I dunno.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Also, this isn't the first or most extreme example of that in a game...mentioned to a guy in ls and he linked me this from elder scrolls, said it was a topic of discussion there...

Also at the end of the day, you gotta answer some questions by remembering it's a game and who it's made for.

So this is basically like asking "hey isn't it weird how when you sleep a bird mob it still flies?" Well, yeah it's weird but it's just simplicity sake of not doing different animations for things.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alistaire; 05-02-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    It's called anthropomorphism.
    The best part of this argument is that it explains why automobile components have breasts! Oh, Japan, don't ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawn View Post
    I would like to point out that the Visitors (V), the females had breasts. And as you all remember, they were reptiles too
    It's been a long, long time since I saw V, but did they ever show a female visitor outside of her disguise? There were a lot of instances of Visitors with damage to their face masks, showing the lizard skin and eyes underneath, but I don't remember a case where a Visitor (male OR female) displayed the torso undisguised. The females may have been using prosthetics. Heck, for all we know, there might not have BEEN any female Visitors - just males with high voices pretending to be human female-like to help encourage the deception that they were just like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Iromi View Post
    Their motif is demons, as said by Koji Fox himself So demons can have boobs...but lizards..I dunno.
    I assume by Demons, you mean Voidsent - and the trouble with this argument, is that it's like saying "Their motif is animals". There appear to be as many varieties of Voidsent as there are of animals, after all! I don't see any boobs on a Flan, or Ahriman, do you?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuji Hinoto
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Honestly, "they're one of the spoken races" is still probably the most likely answer. They're only sorta vaguely inspired by Voidsent/dragons, not actually descended from them, so neither being is responsible for biological contradictions (or explanations, for that matter). Hyur, Miquot'e, Roegadyn, Lalafell, Elezen, and Au Ra likely have the same biological progenitor.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by jomoru View Post
    Miqo are based on cats.. AND humans. They are more based on humans than cats. Same with Au'ra and demons/dragons/lizards whatever.
    Swing and a miss, but nice try though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Palamula Anamaleth
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    Au Ra ARENT lizards.. they're more akin to demon folk... why do people keep insisting they're lizards or dragons? read lore.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ryuji Hinoto
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaho View Post
    Au Ra ARENT lizards.. they're more akin to demon folk... why do people keep insisting they're lizards or dragons? read lore.
    But this is incorrect too. They aren't "akin" to either, equally; demonic/draconic elements were used in their inspiration and design, but lore-wise, they're associated with neither.
    (4)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast