Player
    Character
    Lunari Luni
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 49

Unable to continue with Escape from Castrum Centri

I am currently stuck on level 46 quest Escape from Castrum Centri main scenario quest. I'm currently up to the point where I have to dress up as the imperial soldier and talk to Cid. After talking with Cid, he still won't let me in and the quest light is still red. I have both the helmet and the robe on. Does anyone happen to know what the problem may be?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    There could be several causes to this problem, not necessarily obvious either. Firstly, are you attempting to enter the duty as the same class/Job you were when you first accepted the quest? SE changed it that you can't switch classes mid quest to do a duty and get exp on another class, you have to enter the duty with the same class or Job you first initiated the quest as to complete it.

Failing that, are you attempting to enter the duty with your chocobo out? When you have your chocobo companion summoned, the game considers you to be in a 'party', which will prevent you from entering a solo duty (you will have to dismiss your chocobo in order to enter).

Otherwise, if you still can't enter even after that, try clicking on the red exclamation mark above Cid's head - the Journal entry for the duty should mention in red writing overlaying the journal why you can't enter the duty.
    (0)