Character
    Rahz Greywolfe
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The Riviera Doublet and Slops from Golden Saucer
    The High House set
    Thancred's Attire from cash shop please!
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Knot Destroyer
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I keep shouting for bunny ears.
    (38)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I really kind of like that they're giving male characters more gender locked items rather than a unisex for every one female gender locked item, but I absolutely wouldn't be opposed to unlocking the wedding tailcoat set to females if the bunny ears and thav dress are unlocked to males.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Galyn Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I would like the (currently) Japan-only butler and maid outfits to be used by both genders.
    (35)

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    The pieces I'd want to see fixed because I personally want to use them are:

My absolute, #1 desire is a male-wearable version of the female model of the arachne culottes of healing/casting (shorts with thigh-highs). I know this isn't technically a gender-locked item, but the drastic difference between the male and female model was a crushing disappointment to me, since this is a look I use often in my glamours (usually using a tall pair of boots with the appropriate color of Summer Trunks), and it would be amazing if I had a one-piece version like the female Arachne Cullotes so I could combine it with shorter shoes and boots. The best possible option would be a level 1 all-classes/unisex item like the Uraeus Skirt we got recently, but as long as I can use it on my white mage I'd be happy.

The female-locked Thavnarian set - I could live without the body, as much as I want it, but I really, really want the strappy sandal look the legs and feet make when worn together, and the head and arm pieces are really cool-looking as well.

The Snow and Lightning sets - I'm not a big fan of Snow's look, and I'd really like to be able to wear Lightning's outfit, especially since it's a uniform with a male equivalent that mostly just adds a pair of slacks to the design. I'd prefer the legs to remain as-is (Short skirt with shorts under) in the male version, since we have plenty plain long pants models already, but I'd be able to live with a male version that changes the legs to slacks as long as the rest was the same.

The Eternal Bond sets - There's no reason females shouldn't be able to wear the tux, especially when they can wear the Best Man's outfit just fine. Give them that and let me wear that absolutely beautiful wedding dress., please; I'd certainly look a lot daintier in it than the average female Roegadyn!
    (36)
    Last edited by Lukha; 04-25-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    -snip-
    I agree. Worse yet I fear that by removing the gender lock we'll just end up seeing the vast majority of gear designed to fit female characters first and foremost which has been a common complaint by those of us who enjoy being able to have something distinctly 'masculine' to kit our characters out in. A lot of caster gear is notorious for being very feminine/adrogynous in its design. Particularly healer gear. The same argument could be made for a lot of BRD gear...and the recent victory 'dance' didn't help much either. Nor do most of the 'dance' emotes in general...as they're again very clearly designed right off of the bat to be feminine/adrogynous. The exception being the Vanu Vanu dance.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Edhe'li Merwyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    I agree. Worse yet I fear that by removing the gender lock we'll just end up seeing the vast majority of gear designed to fit female characters first and foremost which has been a common complaint by those of us who enjoy being able to have something distinctly 'masculine' to kit our characters out in. A lot of caster gear is notorious for being very feminine/adrogynous in its design. Particularly healer gear. The same argument could be made for a lot of BRD gear...and the recent victory 'dance' didn't help much either. Nor do most of the 'dance' emotes in general...as they're again very clearly designed right off of the bat to be feminine/adrogynous. The exception being the Vanu Vanu dance.
    I don't think removing the gender lock automatically leads to that, we've already got masculine gear for both genders like the Noct set or the Best Man's Tux. We just need to make it clear we'd like more of that good stuff too.
    (11)

Player

I support 200% the thavnarian bustier gender removal
    My body from head to tail to have it for my miqote and I will slay in raid night !!!

Also bunny set !
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Nightshade Mistletoe
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    If they're going to be easing up on gender locks then I wonder if it'd also be possible to take gear that have different models based on gender and split them into different sets.

There's a lot of gear I would use if I were allowed to use the male model (female DRG AF's ticklehole being one of the primary offenders and female NIN AF as a whole being another) because the assorted cleavage cutouts, among other things, aren't particularly attractive on a Lalafell.
    (16)
    Last edited by Megidolaon; 04-26-2016 at 09:13 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast