Player
    Character
    Maria Rubrum
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercinotrix View Post
    This is gonna be a ha-ha made you look thing, isn't it?

I've been saying Bluefrog for literal years and no one's ever corrected me.
    I think those people have just been enjoying your mispelling this whole time :P
    IIRC, it actually is bluefog.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Faux Ears
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I almost died to the first overworld enemy I've ever fought in the game, a Star Marmot. It was just because when I saw the little "40" on my Stone icon, I thought it was saying I had only 40 stones to use, and not that it cost 40 mp. So I was just auto-attacking it until I was forced to retreat because I was almost dead.

And now, here I am nearly 4 years later, taking on extreme primals and savage raids Don't ever judge yourself too harshly when it's your first time for something.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Amon Kujaku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 8
    1. Social anxiety & MMO etiquette. xD Never played an MMO before FFXIV, so my first dungeon was like "UH, OK. NO ONE IS MOVING. AM I SUPPOSED TO BE MOVING?! MAYBE THEY'RE WAITING ON ME TO LEAD? OH GODS, NO ONE'S DOING ANYTHING. WOT IF THEY GET MAD CUZ I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING? AHHHHH /charges ahead and takes the lead" I was a lancer. :| XD

2. I thought my first FC leader was calling my avatar sexy cuz their raise macro was something like "Get up, <<name>>. You're too sexy to die!" The embarrasment was real... But I quickly realised (after the second raise, and after they raised someone else) that it was just something of a macro. XD

3. I didn't change my gear until level 20 (when my first FC leader made me gear) because my race clothes looked nicer than the other junk and I didn't want my character to wear hideous clothes. :| and then I learnt that was a no-no XD

4. Eventually became a healer. I healed a lot. Someone ended up telling me to stop spam-healing cuz it was unnecessary and created aggro. Then-me was like "GRRRRRRRR, DO YOU WANT TO GET HEALED OR NOT D8< You know what? FINE, I WON'T HEAL D8<" and I ended up getting praised for doing a better job of alternating heals and DPS/not overhealing, etc. I was so annoyed at first, but I was pretty happy with my flexibility later on.

It's been so long that I honestly don't remember how I played, but pretty sure I didn't get the concept of LNC/DRG dots, self-buffs, rotations, etc.
    (1)
    I won't be coming back to FFXIV's forums. The forum vibe is way too venomous and brings out the worst in me. I don't like who I am on the forums, so it's best to distance myself.

Player
    Character
    Altina Schwarzer
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    1. Self-afflicted dungeon pressure: No matter how easy they are, everytime I enter a dungeon I get quite unpleasantly nervous and sweaty. This causes me to only being able to "stomache" around 2 dungeons/trials a day, so that I rather switch to another job and do hunting logs or FATES. Ironically, my 3 "alt" jobs are PLD/WAR/WHM, so I'd never dare to step into dungeons for roulettes with them. I know a simple "Hi, I'm new to x" is all it takes after actually entering said dungeon. Just to put it here: I've had no negative DF experiences in all my MSQ runs so far.

2. On a more funny note and /selffacepalm note: I did one of the multiple Lvl.40 MSQs before Stone Vigil is unlocked in the snow region where you had to use some liquid against a summoned enemy in a cave area. At first I thought I had to use the item to summon it, afterwards while fighting, it completely slipped my mind to actually use the liquid on the monster until it was nearly over and my health hovering in the lower third *lol*.

3. A light-hearted dungeon note: I always felt "bad" as Lancer/Dragoon when I couldn't help with AoEing enemies down and had to instead stab away with lance one monster a time. And I was like "Dang it!" when doing Halatali's 2nd boss and had to stand around twiddling tumbs when the ground is covered in the damaging electricity effect and my Spear Throw skill didn't have enough range to attack the lightning elementals spawning during it xD.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Awful Name
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    When I first played the game as a GLA back in 2.0 I never used Fast Blade > Savage Blade when I had them unlocked I just used Fast Blade > Riot Blade because I thought it did more dmg so it must do more threat and gave me MP for Flash! I also thought TP was energy so I'd blow my Sprint and tell the group to wait for my energy to come back and I got lots of "??? Energy?" since TP back then cost all your TP back in the day so i'd never have TP I realized this after Haukke Manor that I shouldn't spam Sprint especially before bosses as I'd have no TP and couldn't use my combos.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mareona Inu
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 37
    Another important thing I've learned. FFXIV's controller interface is really, really well thought out. So, instead of last time where I tried to use the Steam Controller in keyboard/mouse mode, I use the controller interface (with just a few controller customizations) and it's much easier now. No trying to write complicated macro sequences anymore. The only macros I have needed so far are "Away From Keyboard" and "Key Items List" hot-buttons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remiel Stclaire
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by corydor View Post
    For months after i first start playing ARR, i was convinced camp bluefog, was actually camp bluefrog.

It wasn't till an fc member of a new fc asked me where camp blue frog was since i kept mentioning it, i told him and he pointed out it was fog not frog.

We argued for almost 10 mins before he told me open the teleport window and spell it out for him. >.< (the sheepish silence aftewards was deafening) LOL
    I feel your pain, Corydor. I used to think it was Bluefrog too, lol. I noticed it on my own, thankfully, by at least the HW expansion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Princess Whiskers
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    First time I ran the last alexander raid was the first time I ever encountered the tank limit break. I was playing as a Paladin and didn't realize there was no AoE to place when I use it. So, when the countdown started, I hit the LB button early expecting to place an AoE and accidentally caused a wipe. That was a simple mistake, but it doesn't stop there.

In my noobishness, when the lb went off early, I simply assumed the other tank had gotten to it before me, and blamed them 100% in my head. Since I was convinced I had done nothing wrong, as the countdown progressed in the second attempt, I went ahead and did it again. The rest of the party was not happy, and that's when I realized what was going on. Third time was a charm of course but that was a really stupid moment from me.
    (1)

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26