Player
    Character
    Shaenrael Calgarawyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

The leveling deadzones?

How do you all deal with it? I'm referring to those 4-5 levels where you get less than 200 exp per successful harvest, but still don't have the next gathering search skill. Specifically, levels 14-18, 24-28 (and presumably) 34-38.

I've already mostly outstripped my use for the rank 3 woods (elm, Yew (lol) and Walnut) after hitting rank 26 CRP. I have a stockpile of lumber...

But I'm looking for a way to make the exp come in quicker to get to those oak logs in coerthas. So far, my best "luck" has been to go to the humblehearth location and use off hand gathering / trees of higher levels than myself Humblehearth seems to work because unlike coerthas it's not spread out and very easy to find the nodes. It's worked pretty well (220 exp on failure, 450 on success, which is more than the 75 / 150 for rank 3 nodes) but I'm curious if there is a more effective way.

P.S. harvesting mats sell for virtually nothing from my experience also. Between 400-1000 on the markets which is hardly enough to justify putting them up.
    (0)

Player

When your SP drops below 200 per harvest it's probably time to move on to a higher grade area.

Since you won't have the next tier of Arbor Call at that point, your best bet is to check out the harvesting maps at Disciples of the Land and familiarize yourself with the possible harvesting locations.

From Rank 32 on the fastest location of skillups is most likely going to be Camp Iron Lake due to the close proximity of all the harvestable trees.

Goodluck.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaenrael Calgarawyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    When your SP drops below 200 per harvest it's probably time to move on to a higher grade area.

Since you won't have the next tier of Arbor Call at that point, your best bet is to check out the harvesting maps at Disciples of the Land and familiarize yourself with the possible harvesting locations.

From Rank 32 on the fastest location of skillups is most likely going to be Camp Iron Lake due to the close proximity of all the harvestable trees.

Goodluck.
    Thanks. I did check maps, particularly for coerthas (i wanted oak) but the maps were just plain off. I was finding nodes where they weren't marked on the map, for example.

I sort of solved my 23-28 problem by going to Humblehearth, as it's very easy to find nodes there without the arbor call. And I thank you for the tip on iron lake.

It seems weird that arbor call wouldn't be offered earlier. Now, any ideas why Sweat of Brow never procs (seriously I got 2 procs going from level 25-27, as both Bot and Min.) ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I started on Grade 4 leves at 25 and intend to move to Grade 5 leves when I ding 35.

As for the 30-34 range, I've just been zoning out watching a movie. Thankfully once you're familiar with a region and it's sweetspots, it doesn't require much focus.

From what I can tell, the 5s is the earliest the next Grade's leves are available, which circumvents the need for Arbor Call/Triangulate.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
    Now, any ideas why Sweat of Brow never procs (seriously I got 2 procs going from level 25-27, as both Bot and Min.) ?
    Sweat of Brow is your only equipped DoL ability right? Equipping other abiliites seems to reduce the proc rate of Sweat of Brow pretty significantly.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
    It seems weird that arbor call wouldn't be offered earlier. Now, any ideas why Sweat of Brow never procs (seriously I got 2 procs going from level 25-27, as both Bot and Min.) ?
    I seem to be having the same problem with Sweat of Brow, too.

Also, it has been my only equipped ability. It just never seems to activate anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Panzer Tone
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    If you are struggling a lot with EXP gains, try using seals obtained from your Grand Company and purchasing 'Company-issue Survival Manual' (200 cost). They work similarly to the way guardian's favor works during a leve, but will not stack with it.

Oh! and also, I recommend chopping down your oak logs up at Treespeak '0')b
    (-1 sweet spot, aim for the bottom of the half circle)

Good luck!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Glizdus Junior
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    i think, that this is pointless of buying Company-issue Survival Manual.
    if you dont want to use seals earned while doing quests, then you have to do 5 R40 GC leves (if you do have DoW/M able to solo this).
    to do them you need to use 5 of your allowance.

within 5 R25 leves i am able to earn around 25k.

so i think using 5 allowance to get 200 seals and burn it on Company-issue Survival Manual to get 5000exp bonus it's wasting of allowance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sinnerslazer; 11-04-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Dana Key
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnerslazer View Post
    i think, that this is pointless of buying Company-issue Survival Manual.
    if you dont want to use seals earned while doing quests, then you have to do 5 R40 GC leves (if you do have DoW/M able to solo this).
    to do them you need to use 5 of your allowance.

within 5 R25 leves i am able to earn around 25k.

so i think using 5 allowance to get 200 seals and burn it on Company-issue Survival Manual to get 5000exp bonus it's wasting of allowance.
    or if you're filthy rich, you can just turn in mats for supply and provisioning quests.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    if you just going for btn exp stick to grid, its really easy to find points without skills and the points are close together so you can cycle the same three points over and over very fast.
    (0)