Player
    Character
    Clover Kitty
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60

Housing Plot upgrade, is it still in the works

When housing was being introduced, it was mentioned that there would be an ability to upgrade to a larger plot. This was part of why we went with the Medium instead of holding out for a large.

The need for a large is here and we have the currency to do it. However there are a few problems.

1. To move to a larger plot of land we have to empty and dump the current house. Then gamble on the fact that a larger house will still be available. If that fails we end up with no house.

2. With regular houses going to individuals and groups hording large numbers of houses on person Fcs which they sell for cash (RMT), the situation is not improving.

Is the upgrade option ever going to be an option or was that cancelled when the personal housing fiasco was introduced?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated from the Devs.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Valmar Atheron
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    From the Live Letter.

Q: The number of members in my free company have increased, so I've been thinking about buying a new L-size house, but I'm wondering if I should wait for the moving system. Could you tell us about this feature and when we will see it in game?

A: Just as I mentioned on a previous occasion, we'll be adding land in Patch 3.3, and we're aiming to have apartment-style housing in Patch 3.4. The moving feature will come after that. As part of our future plans, we'll be making enhancements to our current server structure to support things like housing and expansions to the Armoury Chest.

So its gonna be a while. lol

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...29#post3659429
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    You're probably looking some time past September for a move feature at the very least. Remember that with a large you're getting a bigger inside, the same number of airships and one additional garden plot along with a bit more furniture space. If you want to move now you have a couple options.

Option 1: Obliterate the house/rooms the second a large is available and rush over to get it.

Option 2: Get some people with alts to create a second fc and grind it up to at least rank 6. Move the house gil over to the leader of that FC. When a large is available, purchase it with the alt FC. Rename the old FC something new, rename the new FC to the old FC name. Slowly have people transfer over at their leisure and make sure to leave notice for anyone that hasn't signed on in awhile. You now have two houses, 5 garden plots, eventually 8 airships available and you can make all your airship parts at the old house until you activate the recipes at the new one (if you even want to). I don't like promoting people gathering up multiple houses, but until an official method of moving is put in place, this is the smoothest way to transition I could think of. If you don't want to hold on to two houses, release it back into the wild or maybe find another fc that hasn't been able to get a house and give them a heads up as to the approx demolition time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmar View Post
    From the Live Letter.
    So basically the infamous Yoshi P "Please look forward to it"
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by MicahZerrshia View Post
    So basically the infamous Yoshi P "Please look forward to it"
    do you want them to answer questions or not? at least now we know it's not scheduled till after 3.4.

would you rather they duck/ignore the questions or lie?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SendohJin View Post
    do you want them to answer questions or not? at least now we know it's not scheduled till after 3.4.

would you rather they duck/ignore the questions or lie?
    That IS them ducking the question since we occasionally never hear another peep about it, or have you not ever paid attention to any live letter or interview lol

I could literally make a list of the "please look forward to it" and "as part of our future plans" answers that never ever were mentioned again.
    (2)
    Last edited by MicahZerrshia; 04-19-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    King Behemoth
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    So sorry for the resurrection of an old thread but here we are, post 3.4 and I'd really like to upgrade to a larger plot from my cottage with out the penalty of losing some items that can't be moved.

Any word that anyone's heard?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    This is one of the things that is annoying most of the player base and is promised over and over again. This was first mentioned way back in 2013 and was told "we would have this after patch 2.2". Here we are now over 3 years later and still getting fed the same line.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ry-(10-30-2013)

1:34:37
    Q: Can you move or reconstruct your house?
    A: We're planning to have this after patch 2.2.
    Until I see an actual date I wont hold my breath.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by krazybean View Post
    So sorry for the resurrection of an old thread but here we are, post 3.4 and I'd really like to upgrade to a larger plot from my cottage with out the penalty of losing some items that can't be moved.

Any word that anyone's heard?
    We haven't heard anything new yet. I don't expect to see it until 4.0 at the least with the info they've given so far, if ever. If you're itching to move, wait until patch 3.5 hits (just in case, but doubtful) and then decide if you'd rather wait it out or suck up the hit to items that will be destroyed. I believe the fanfest in february is when we should be getting the next chunk of information on the expansion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    New servers were hinted at for 4.0 & the abandonment of PS3 & potential optimisations could allow positive changes to housing. Don't expect anything before then, unless they sneak it into 3.55 in March as a way of building hype for 4.0.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast