Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player

your ideas seem fun, but I feel you are starting to get into a different game. Once you start building houses, airships etc. where does it stop? sounds like a SimCity type game. I would prefer them to just continue to come out with new recipes for gear and weapons that help us kill stuff.
    (1)

Player
    Still not sure if this is similar to what you had in mind, or if I read too much into it, but look! Source.

JPGAMES.DE, Frederick: So called “free companies” are going to be implemented with the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV 2.0, additionally player housings and the summoning of the primal Ifrit are planned features. Can you give us some details on this matter?

Yoshida Naoki: About the housing estates for the free companies, at the moment most disciples of the hand or of the land are thinking: “Why are they concentrating on the battle side?” Housing estates are going to be very important for those players, because it is more related to the lifestyle. We can make sure these players, trying out different classes, can really fell like they are taking place in the game, that was really important to us. Even for an MMO it is something very special to have your own house in the game, so we are fully aware of that and we are making sure it is really going to be exciting.

Unlike other MMOs, in which you can only see your own house and each house is based on an instanced system, we want to make sure that other players can actually see your house as well. Around 20 houses can be in one area, you can make houses, not anywhere, but you will be able to decide in which part you want to have your house. You can also design your house itself and have your own garden, maybe you can grow your own Gysahl Greens there or house your own chocobo. You can really customize your own estate.

At the moment, in the Dev Team, you can actually see the mock up of the polygons. So you can see what the estate is going to look like. It’s the Limsa Lominsa version, and the concept is to make it like a European resort area, so it is going to be really beautiful. Up from the hill you can see the ocean, it’s going to be really nice, I believe. I’m looking forward to it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yubaba Yuba
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigglesworth View Post
    your ideas seem fun, but I feel you are starting to get into a different game. Once you start building houses, airships etc. where does it stop? sounds like a SimCity type game. I would prefer them to just continue to come out with new recipes for gear and weapons that help us kill stuff.
    Never build your own houses, just build furniture, so you could decorate your house, and from what I read of the post above it looks like they already had something planned like that, so that is great.

Airships would be more of moving to other lands, and exploring places that the npcs from your home region don't go. So you would just build it and it would give you more options at the airship docks. That is all.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yubaba Yuba
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Great news for people who cared about crafting more interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    2.0 and beyond
    I spoke a little bit about housing in the 2nd edition of the LIVE producer letter. I personally came up with the basic design for housing. (We have separate staff working on the details, and I feel bad for them that I was so ambitious with my plans)

I decided to implement a garden by any means necessary so that we can add content for Disciples of the Land and Hand.

It is also possible for players to decorate the exterior of buildings using custom architectural items created by Disciples of the Hand using construction material gathered by Disciples of the Land. There are roofs and other architectural items that can be purchased with gil, but custom items will only be attained through Disciples of the Hand and Land.

We also plan on implementing gardens so that players can plant gysahl greens and raise chocobo chicks.

Another thing we have planned for housing is an underground facility for building boats and airships. (This will be implemented sometime after the release of 2.0) We will release an image for housing as soon as possible, so please look forward to this patiently.
    -Yoship translated

Looks like we will have a lot of really fun and interesting things to do coming after 2.0
    (0)
    Last edited by Allcars; 11-11-2011 at 04:26 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4