Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Allcars View Post
    The old Dev team back in November of last year talked about adding in player run Airships, and the Player ran airships would go to all the docks out in the world.
    FFS... they explicitly stated they would NOT be releasing player run airships. Tanaka said this.

What they said they were implementing was player-owned ships (like naval ships).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altanas Aidendale
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    It would be nice if crafters had an impact on the non-instanced world, say:
    1. 100 carpenter leves are done by the server at camp horizon/hamlet/settlement and we get a new...building etc
    2. 100 alchemist leves ... and we get a new aethryte crystal
    say, turning a settlement of one house and 3 npcs into a sprawling hamlet like Oaks Nest

but the downside is that the above can be attacked by garleans and beastmen (think campaign battle) and can be destroyed

i posted this a long time ago in another thread:

"Regarding Local Levequests - these should have a bearing on evolving the camp. Buildings/Tents should be erected and services offered. An inn, a chocobo pen, a garden, etc. Basically merge the hamlets idea into Camps. The Camps at the present time are really not immersive because they all look exactly the same. I would rather have come across smaller unique settlements like were put in the recent update. As an aside, allow for these constructed Camps to be raided by beastmen and garleans. Buildings can be damaged or destroyed, repaired or are built again when enough leves are processed. Camps should have the possibility to become as large as Hamlets. It seems absurd there is only one city and 2 hamlets in each region. I would love to come across Camps as big as say Owl's Nest in Coerthas. Allow more buildings to be erected and in turn add NPCs to the realm offering quests. Employ DoW/DoM support by making fully built up Camps housing an NPC who offers weaponskill quests or Trial of the Magian style quests for example. So basically, the DoW and DoM have an incentive to join in with protecting these settlements in the long term. "
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baxsio Mataele
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarpoet1 View Post
    i don't think it was the old team that was lying since there was already videos before release of making the turrets and cake. may be a good idea to look and see who to believe.
    Yeah I would call it lying. Look at the npcs in the guild they are doing some pretty impressive stuff. It wouldn't be too hard to just make them look busy around an unfinished cake model
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by ellohwell View Post
    FFS... they explicitly stated they would NOT be releasing player run airships. Tanaka said this.

What they said they were implementing was player-owned ships (like naval ships).
    Tanaka said a lot of things. Your hero is not in charge now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kanikou Escaflowne
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    With all the stuff Yoshi is saying that they simply can't do due to the engine I'm going to go ahead and call it safe to say the old dev team was LYING. lol
    Thinking doesn't mean it will happen. Also Versus XIII could do quite a bit and it's on the same engine as XIV, though I've never heard anything about personal airships.
    (0)

6. 10-26-2011 02:06 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Player
    Character
    Hoolie Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 55
    It would be nice to see the results of crafting leves reflected in-game. Something like a hamlet defense that involves not just player DoW/DoM but also crafters influencing defenses and NPC effectiveness via crafted gear/consumables. Engines of war supplied by DoL and crafters. The better the defenses, the stronger the enemy force that is drawn in to the battle (like FFXI besieged levels). At some point the enemy wins and you have to start building up the defenses from stage one again.

How about building an airship that could reach Azeroth? Now that would be interesting. Cid!
    (0)
    The First Law of Roegadynics: "A Roegadyn may not injure a Lalafell or, through inaction, allow a Lalafell to come to harm."

Player
    Character
    Nephera Habasi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'd be down with crafting things beyond equipment.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yubaba Yuba
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ellohwell View Post

Some people get so upset over stuff, really ellohwell, he doesn't work on the game for a reason, because apparently his direction the game was taking sucked.

Who is to say what the new direction of the game could take, they seem to want to take down the competition and create one of the best mmos to date. I'm all for it, but unless they do something that nobody as tried yet I don't see it happening.

I'm not saying my Ideas are law, heavens no, I just want something that players can work on together other than fighting monsters, or pvp (2.0).

Being a carpenter, I don't get much work aside from making spears for people or bows, and trying to get +3s on both, once in awhile I'll get a request to make some shoes, but this stuff is boring, I would like to tackle all types of carpentry. I have a feeling other crafters have the same feeling.

These are only ideas to maybe, start encouragement for the Devs to do something truly amazing.

Please take some Ideas to make crafting more interesting, nobody likes to sit in one spot for 20 days nonstop making the same stuff over and over.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Allcars View Post
    Some people get so upset over stuff, really ellohwell, he doesn't work on the game for a reason, because apparently his direction the game was taking sucked.

Who is to say what the new direction of the game could take, they seem to want to take down the competition and create one of the best mmos to date. I'm all for it, but unless they do something that nobody as tried yet I don't see it happening.

I'm not saying my Ideas are law, heavens no, I just want something that players can work on together other than fighting monsters, or pvp (2.0).

Being a carpenter, I don't get much work aside from making spears for people or bows, and trying to get +3s on both, once in awhile I'll get a request to make some shoes, but this stuff is boring, I would like to tackle all types of carpentry. I have a feeling other crafters have the same feeling.

These are only ideas to maybe, start encouragement for the Devs to do something truly amazing.

Please take some Ideas to make crafting more interesting, nobody likes to sit in one spot for 20 days nonstop making the same stuff over and over.
    Im not saying its impossible, im saying the statemrnt that SE were ever considering implementing player-owned airhships is blatantly wrong. No one ever said that, not least of all Yoshi.

On that note, the trend seems to be that SE are stripping more power away from players every day and putting all the emphasis on "structured fun" and "scripted events" so I doubt they would put any weight in a player-run airship feature unless it was some kind of instanced minigame or something stupid anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yubaba Yuba
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I definitely see what you are saying, even if they could at least, let us craft a airship and this would let us travel to other contents once those are unlocked, or islands. Maybe make it so that would be the only way to visit the new content first.
    (doesn't matter if it is a instants where to see yourself flying over water or land, or fast travel, that isn't what my focus is on) Just something to make crafting not so boring, a way to give the player like they are needed to access different parts of the game or a way to change the world.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast