Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Blitz Ace
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I kinda find it funny how people think its to pricey. You're gonna have a blast when they add materia's again. I remember paying 1kk per grade IV materia to get the perfect stats on my 2.0 relic, And they could fail. Oh and they did.
    Doubt they're gonna change it and they shouldn't Relic has always been a grind, So grind that money and buy the items from me on the market board oke? I like seeing the cash flow in like that.

Crafting takes time + money to do too. Unless you have a crap ton of money laying around you can't boost & buy your way up there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Celie Lothaire
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace View Post
    I kinda find it funny how people think its to pricey.
    For some people, it is. It's really that simple.

Did you forget what it was like before you had crafters and gatherers at 60?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    It will be nerfed in 3.3, you had 3 plus months to complete it before the easy step, if you decided to wait for a nerf in 3.25, you made the wrong choice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kane Blackstone
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post
    It will be nerfed in 3.3, you had 3 plus months to complete it before the easy step, if you decided to wait for a nerf in 3.25, you made the wrong choice.
    I was just going to skip it entirely, 5-6 weeks of grinding wasn't worth it for 10 ilevels to me. But with step 4 out now and only 9000 esos needed for it I took the plunge. Compared to 13,600 tomes per unidentified item and 20ilevels, I call that a win.

This step 3 quest is just asinine though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Falar View Post
    I was just going to skip it entirely, 5-6 weeks of grinding wasn't worth it for 10 ilevels to me. But with step 4 out now and only 9000 esos needed for it I took the plunge. Compared to 13,600 tomes per unidentified item and 20ilevels, I call that a win.

This step 3 quest is just asinine though.
    This is exactly why they haven't nerfed it yet, they aren't going to give you a free pass to the 230 weapon. They seem to be falling into a one hard, one easy step set up for it. Don't expect one hard step to be nerfed until the next comes out. If you don't like the grind, your best option is to either do it passively, just buying UI as you get the Poe/Eso/Beast/Allied currency and buying your lore weapon, then be ready for the 240 step, or just ignore the relic completely. The relic provides benefits for those who chose to grind it out, but the cost is the grind.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makasita Fenrir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    The thing is, you can't compare anima weapon to Zodiac. Zodiac was BIS and the culmination of a year worth of grinding, so of course the capstone quest to make it is going to be extremely obnoxious. For most of the jobs, the anima weapon isn't even BIS and takes as much time and money as Zodiac to make.

Even if you say "well, relic tier 1 was hard", consider that you needed the following to make a relic weapon:
    One (1) crafted item with a specific materia meld (and you could do the craft/meld yourself if you had a crafter)
    Two (2) intermediate items from quest-specific duties (Hydra, Chimera)
    Three (3) items that came from the current relevant primal fights (Titan, Garuda, Ifrit)

The difficulty in making a relic came from failing Titan HM over and over, not from needing to plonk 4-6 million gil on HQ crafted items and grind 29,000 tomes of philosophy/mythology.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    T'erra Branford
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by fm_fenrir View Post
    The thing is, you can't compare anima weapon to Zodiac. Zodiac was BIS and the culmination of a year worth of grinding, so of course the capstone quest to make it is going to be extremely obnoxious. For most of the jobs, the anima weapon isn't even BIS and takes as much time and money as Zodiac to make.

Even if you say "well, relic tier 1 was hard", consider that you needed the following to make a relic weapon:
    One (1) crafted item with a specific materia meld (and you could do the craft/meld yourself if you had a crafter)
    Two (2) intermediate items from quest-specific duties (Hydra, Chimera)
    Three (3) items that came from the current relevant primal fights (Titan, Garuda, Ifrit)

The difficulty in making a relic came from failing Titan HM over and over, not from needing to plonk 4-6 million gil on HQ crafted items and grind 29,000 tomes of philosophy/mythology.
    Come now, lets try to forget about the dream that was the first relic quest. I think everyone can agree that it was by far the best step. You actually had to do relevant things to achieve the goal, doing grand things to get a grand prize.

Then came the whining about difficulty, and Yoshi's need to hand hold the player base. So instead of a difficulty you have to try and completed, it is now tedium and no more than a tool to keep old content going. There isn't even good lore behind this one.
    (0)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by fm_fenrir View Post
    snip
    Except that zodiac zetas came about towards the end of the 2.x series and became the best weapon by that point. Before that, you'd get laughed at for trying to get a relic weapon since it couldn't compare to raid weapons or even the tomestone weapons. The 3.X series are still going on, so the Anima relic are always going to be a step below raid weapons until we reached the end of the lifecycle of 3.X and the relic line.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Makasita Fenrir
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    Except that zodiac zetas came about towards the end of the 2.x series and became the best weapon by that point. Before that, you'd get laughed at for trying to get a relic weapon since it couldn't compare to raid weapons or even the tomestone weapons. The 3.X series are still going on, so the Anima relic are always going to be a step below raid weapons until we reached the end of the lifecycle of 3.X and the relic line.
    I don't mind "a step below" raid weapons, because that's kind of the point of raid items being worth the hassle. My issue is that anima weapons are as difficult to get as the previous cycle's BIS weapon, despite being demonstrably worse than esoterics 210 or lore 230 weapons for most classes. I have 210 weapons for every class that might want/need an anima weapon, and I have a lore weapon on my DRG; meanwhile, my Almace is still 61/80 grind items and 0/16 HQ crafted items. What's the sense in having a quest that takes so long to complete that it's immediately outclassed by the next gated token weapon by the time you finish it?
    (0)
    #gitgud

Ongoing mission: Tank everything on DRG. On purpose.

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Well, the devs keep making the mistake of assuming that everyone has friends that are willing to craft the HQ items for them or that people would help in making the items for random players. Maybe this is true in Japanese servers, but you and I know it's not the case outside of that. I also had read in one of the dev replies months back that the reason the 210 step is so long was because Gorias savage was screwed up by being overtuned and they didn't want to make the 210 step be easier or shorter than the steps need to get a raid weapon/upgraded tomestone weapon, so the relic 210 step was artificially lengthened to compensate.

That step will get nerfed in due time I am sure, but that leaves us wondering how the next step is going to be.
    (0)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast