Player
    Character
    N'yuuki Nekohmi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraluna View Post
    I think it's been closed for a year now. Since March of last year unless I'm remembering wrong, at least for the NA stream.
    Aaah. Makes sense. I was going to say that Reddit users were reporting that you could still get it; but they were from last year: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...e_ingame_code/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by bass9020 View Post
    Can nothing ever stay exclusive? You missed out too bad so sad. Wait for another event and make sure to get the items.
    Why? So you can be a special snowflake? How does other people having an essential joke gearset effect you or your experience with the game? Many players are new, or just didn't happen to be around for the event. Exclusivity has no benefit except so some people can feel special.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    Exclusivity has no benefit except so some people can feel special.
    So isn't having something exclusive/special a benefit to the people that actually have it? They have something rare for being there at that time and doing whatever was needed to get it.

To bring back exclusive/limited things just lessens their value.

And yes I wish I could get rare things too like a legacy chocobo (I was even a player in 1.0 I just didn't qualify for legacy state), but I can't. That happened, it's gone now, I don't have it, other players do, have to move on.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by worldofneil View Post
    So isn't having something exclusive/special a benefit to the people that actually have it? They have something rare for being there at that time and doing whatever was needed to get it.

To bring back exclusive/limited things just lessens their value.

And yes I wish I could get rare things too like a legacy chocobo (I was even a player in 1.0 I just didn't qualify for legacy state), but I can't. That happened, it's gone now, I don't have it, other players do, have to move on.
    This is what achievements are for. Gearsets and tangible items don't have any need to be exclusive, at least not permanently so. The only benefit is to say you have something someone else doesn't. Nice.

Legacy Chocobo is unique, only because it was essentially an apology to people who paid full price for a game that had no business being released to market in the state it was in. In a sense, those players paid $60 for the mounts and tattoo on their back.
    (2)

Character
    Ilitsa Samariya
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    This is what achievements are for. Gearsets and tangible items don't have any need to be exclusive, at least not permanently so. The only benefit is to say you have something someone else doesn't. Nice.

Legacy Chocobo is unique, only because it was essentially an apology to people who paid full price for a game that had no business being released to market in the state it was in. In a sense, those players paid $60 for the mounts and tattoo on their back.
    But exclusivity is bad, mkay? Everything should be available to everyone! We can't have special snowflakes! I want the tattoo on my back, and a legacy chocobo, and the other goobue! It's only fair~ I wasn't there to get them when they were available, I should be able to just shell out 20 bucks for each thing now! I want it, I want it, I want it! (not really, I don', but that's effectively what people asking for the moogle attire are doing in this thread)
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilitsa View Post
    But exclusivity is bad, mkay? Everything should be available to everyone! We can't have special snowflakes! I want the tattoo on my back, and a legacy chocobo, and the other goobue! It's only fair~ I wasn't there to get them when they were available, I should be able to just shell out 20 bucks for each thing now! I want it, I want it, I want it! (not really, I don', but that's effectively what people asking for the moogle attire are doing in this thread)
    Way to ignore context. I can just as easily say people who want exclusive items only want them to feel special.
    (4)

Character
    Ilitsa Samariya
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Way to ignore context. I can just as easily say people who want exclusive items only want them to feel special.
    And we'd both be right, how bout that. You can't cherry pick though, either all exclusives need to be made available, or none. Which is it?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    No it wasn't. It only given to players that subscribed for 90 days during a certain period. Regular 1.0 players (like me) only got the tattoo, but we did pay for the game. Or do you want people to have that legacy tattoo now too?

What about the Goobbue Mount? That's pretty darn exclusive and although they bought out alternatives, to this day it remains impossible to get that one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Why? So you can be a special snowflake? ...
    I think, for me anyways, that it's more a matter of all players being on equal footing than any one player being a special snowflake over another. One group of players being given exclusive items while other groups either are never given exclusivity or have exclusivity taken away from them on a regular basis would imply favoritism. I would be fine with either all exclusives (including physical merchandise, region locked, and 1.0 exclusives, being released or with no exclusives ever being re-released, but I'm not big on the idea of any one item being devalued for any one group regardless if I have the item myself. (And there are many I don't have.)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fuma Oyabun
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    No.

/thread
    (6)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast