Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 137
  1. #1
    Player
    Nektulos-Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,389
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

    Double Experience for each level 60.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    While I'm pretty indecisive with lvl 60 jobs contributing to your EXP%+, I do think we could do with some 2x EXP events. Maybe have an untradable potion as a reward from seasonal events that give 2x EXP for half an hour or something. Would be pretty fun, and anyone not interested in the EXP potions could just choose a different item to get.
    This is an extremely good idea. Having days with double experience for events and such would be amazing. It would get people to sub to the game as well. A well thought out idea.

    _____

    Grinding in this game is quite painful and especially to 50-60 or starting to try new characters. If you have a level 60 and finished Heavensward I think when leveling and trying out new classes you should get a lot more experience for it.

    This game was designed with having multiple classes to try and fates are usually the way to go to level. So people who speak of: "Well, that would just make more bad level 60s!" they are going to be doing fates anyways, which teaches you nothing about the class. Experience comes from being max level with the class and learning how it works in easier dungeons, especially the case for classes like Dragoon which completely changes at level 58.

    I honestly have had an easier time making a new character for leveling because of 50-60, its painful having to grind all that experience and without the 50-60 quests it is literally just doing dungeons over and over. That is absolutely painful, and boring.

    I know people may defend the grind, but honestly its kind of silly. If you've got that far you have some experience with the classes, and knowing how other classes work will just make you that much better of a player.

    Adding more experience for each combat class at level 60 would take away a lot of the mindless grind and monotony.

    Of course, this would raise for each level cap increase. The veteran bonus would be lost as soon as the level cap increases. Another thing would be to make the bonus account bound and not just character bound.
    (15)
    Last edited by Nektulos-Tuor; 03-29-2016 at 05:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Player
    AskaRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,544
    Character
    Aeon Rakshasa
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    It takes like maybe two, three days if you're diligent.
    What more do you want? Press button instant max level? Ugh
    (26)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ホイホイ Commissions ==> http://goo.gl/RwVnHZ

    Clearly, the best Final Fantasy character is Locke Cole.
    Glamour is TRUE ENDGAME

  3. #3
    Player
    Nektulos-Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,389
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by AskaRay View Post
    It takes like maybe two, three days if you're diligent.
    What more do you want? Press button instant max level? Ugh
    Two or three days of doing nothing but grinding fates and spamming the same dungeons over and over is literally the most unfun thing you can do in this game. You say that, but how fun is that really? Don't you want to feel rewarded, and shouldn't it be easier the more levels you have?

    Why are you defending something so utterly pointless and monotonous? Especially with the way class balance is, maybe they want to try a new class?
    (17)

  4. #4
    Player
    rjspencer4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Mac Anu
    Posts
    323
    Character
    Despair Senpai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektulos-Tuor View Post
    Two or three days of doing nothing but grinding fates and spamming the same dungeons over and over is literally the most unfun thing you can do in this game. You say that, but how fun is that really? Don't you want to feel rewarded, and shouldn't it be easier the more levels you have?
    Why should you be rewarded for putting in less effort?
    (23)

  5. #5
    Player
    AskaRay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,544
    Character
    Aeon Rakshasa
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektulos-Tuor View Post
    Two or three days of doing nothing but grinding fates and spamming the same dungeons over and over is literally the most unfun thing you can do in this game. You say that, but how fun is that really? Don't you want to feel rewarded, and shouldn't it be easier the more levels you have?
    No

    I spend that time learning the class. If you want to zerg it and get to max as fast as possible without knowing what you're doing, then I guess mindless FATE grinding is your punishment for that.

    Just because you CAN have all classes doesn't mean you NEED to. For example, I'm probably never going to touch MNK again until I've literally done everything else in game. If you're a completionist? Then just hit that FATE train and get your max level then store that weapon away or whatever.
    (14)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ホイホイ Commissions ==> http://goo.gl/RwVnHZ

    Clearly, the best Final Fantasy character is Locke Cole.
    Glamour is TRUE ENDGAME

  6. #6
    Player
    Nektulos-Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,389
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by rjspencer4 View Post
    Why should you be rewarded for putting in less effort?
    Getting a level 60 is effort. Getting another 60 for 100% more experience is less effort yes, but its still effort. Getting another one for more experience is less effort, yes. However its still effort. Your defending something mindless, because there is a huge set of skills you need to learn and the ability to play a class well depends on max level. You don't really learn that well doing low level dungeons and spamming aoes in fates. Which is what pretty much everyone does. The class quests alone do well in teaching you how to use abilities themselves. This does nothing but takes away monotony.

    Quote Originally Posted by AskaRay View Post
    No

    I spend that time learning the class. If you want to zerg it and get to max as fast as possible without knowing what you're doing, then I guess mindless FATE grinding is your punishment for that.

    Just because you CAN have all classes doesn't mean you NEED to. For example, I'm probably never going to touch MNK again until I've literally done everything else in game. If you're a completionist? Then just hit that FATE train and get your max level then store that weapon away or whatever.
    Ok, but that takes even more time. That would take months if you avoid doing fates. That is your choice. However, there is no reason to punish everyone else for that. What is the reason for making someone who already got to 60, or 60 again, make them do the same fates and dungeons again with the same effort. Especially someone who is trying to find the class they like or want to play the most.

    I am talking about what 90% of everyone smart does. They figure out that level 15-50 that fates are the best and only way to level at a fun rate.
    (8)
    Last edited by Nektulos-Tuor; 03-29-2016 at 04:11 AM.

  7. #7
    Player
    bass9020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    988
    Character
    Benny Sutton
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    All 60s here and I barely grinded lvls. It's not bad at all honestly I don't get why people complain about this crap.
    (15)

  8. #8
    Player
    Nektulos-Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,389
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by bass9020 View Post
    All 60s here and I barely grinded lvls. It's not bad at all honestly I don't get why people complain about this crap.
    If you didn't have any issues with it. I don't see why it shouldn't be made easier. Its a mindless grind. I find it crazy, stupid, and boring. However people have different opinions! :P

    I like Veteran Bonuses. You obviously don't.

    I wouldn't care if it was easier, since I don't really feel entitled to being a max level. However, i've noticed that pattern that people think that mindless grinding or achievements some how gives them or makes them better then other players and feel that they should put the same work that they did. Especially in FFXIV.

    There is a reason they are removing the story requirements in 4.0x.
    (4)
    Last edited by Nektulos-Tuor; 03-29-2016 at 04:09 AM.

  9. #9
    Player
    FoxyAreku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Limsa
    Posts
    2,568
    Character
    Areku Foxfire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Nektulos-Tuor topic.

    Don't encourage him guys, just move on.
    (41)

  10. #10
    Player
    Nektulos-Tuor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,389
    Character
    Thanatos Ravensweald
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAreku View Post
    Nektulos-Tuor topic.

    Don't encourage him guys, just move on.
    Not everyone in the game comes on the forums. In fact a very small majority does, most of the people who come on are ones who have big opinions or don't want to change anything of the game. Please don't mess with my threads with your nonsense because that is extremely disrespectful and rude, especially calling my name out. Thank you.

    I am guessing a lot of people would love veteran experience. Most of those people though are probably not on the forums.

    This is just an idea, and of course I expected most of the forum's playerbase poster's to reject the idea because of who and what and how they are.
    (4)
    Last edited by Nektulos-Tuor; 03-29-2016 at 04:17 AM.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast