Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88

A new guide.. - Carpentry

Before 1.19 I had found a really detailed, and usable guide to guide me through 50 carpentry. Arriving soon at 40 it seems to have gone defect =\ can anyone suggest to me a craft from 40-50?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mattia Liano
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    The usual Walnut Mask grind isn't the best anymore?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Carraway Author
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 90
    Walnut Masks still work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleczan Knighthill
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    The only problem is that now we will need 4 times as many logs to get the same amount of lumbers, comparing to pre-patch. So those old grinding recipe which uses 1 lumber are now not as heavenly as they used to be. I am sad I didn't make Elm Lumbers from all my Logs since before the patch. That's what I get for being lazy, I guess! XD

And nope, sorry Rath, I've never seen any Carpentry level up guide post-patch. I'm supposed to level up my CRP some more, but I stop it at 32 for now.
    (0)

Player

Logs are now at least 4x as easy to get, and cost 1/4 as much from the vendor. Go to bloodshore with an 18+ logger and have an infinite supply of walnut once you learn the sweet spots.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    rosewood lumber I believe is a rank 45 synth so thats a good option to start with i think
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aleczan Knighthill
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Derkatron View Post
    Logs are now at least 4x as easy to get, and cost 1/4 as much from the vendor. Go to bloodshore with an 18+ logger and have an infinite supply of walnut once you learn the sweet spots.
    That's good to know. Thanks! (Though I am not 40 yet.)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Wand of Flames/Gales/Storms are decent options of you have alchemist leveled (or a friend does) and time to farm. They gave i think around 500 xp at 49 since they're a 51-60 recipe.

Eyes of Flames can be farmed in the westmost room of Nanawa, the room with Bardi in it. At L50 he didn't aggro. The Fire elementals share spawns with Yarzon so you can just mow them down. Eye of Storms can be farmed in the uh... west most room in Cassiopeia Hollow. Lightning Elementals share spawns with bombs (you can simultaneously farm bomb ash for steel ingots and make some money selling spears/whatever that use Steel).

West of Humblehearth is a little nook with a couple of mid-level Blue Roselings that you can farm for the blue leaves for Growth Formula Gamma. You can buy quicksilver from NPCs and Rock Salt from the wards or from NPCs.

Rosewood Branches come from Botany in Halatali, I think they're in the center of the Height gauge.

Another thing to note is to look at high level weapons like Crab Bows, Cobalt Trident, Hart Guisarme, Shields, basically anything in the 51-60 range. If any of them are low in stock or being sold horribly overpriced, and you can get the mats cheap through the wards or through a friend, make them and sell them. Craft grinding to get to cap was slowed down but if you pace yourself and sell things at fair prices and play the market, you can get nice, steady XP AND make a whole lot of money at the same time. I made several million gil going from 40-50 Carpentry crafting and selling actual stuff people could use at reasonable prices, compared to before where you just make shitty masks that you NPC'd for garbage.

For XP speed, the best thing to do IMO is stock up on leves in Gridania. Do the 40-45 leves and when you get to around 47+ you can just start hasty handing them to save time. If you're REALLY discerning just stick to 45's, since the one in Crimson Bark seems to always come up. Crimson Bark is a giant pain in the ass to get to, so it's helpful to set it as a favored Teleport. There's a 45 leve that stays in gridania, and a 40 that just goes to Bentbranch, so it's up to you which leves you want to bother with. If you stick to 45's only and do all 8 leves per day you will be getting 30k xp a day.

Short version: Don't try to rush it. Work the Markets, be patient, and you will end up with a lot less frustration and end up helping the economy and other players out.
    (1)
    Last edited by Estellios; 10-26-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tymora Estrellauta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Rosewood is 46.
    (0)

Player

Ive been trying to grind walnut masks at R42 and am finding it extremely difficult to find the perfect stats to grind them. Local leves are by far the best option for 45-50. I just hate using 45 locals before 45 because of the reduced exp. Also, are there no R50 carpenter locals?
    (0)
    http://xivpads.com/?tragicnate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast