Character
    Deli Denkryst
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70

R35+ formula

Which formula you guys used to rank up?
    Most BSM formula cost lots crystals, and I can't see any good one to rank up anymore.
    Now, I'm still using Iron Francisca Head...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dragon Knight
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    i was doing ornamental iron hammer heads around that level, and have been doing them till 41 when i switched to silver javelin heads.
    (0)

Player

That's what i plan to do too. BSM is a bit costly to level 40+, just have to push through! Determination!
    (0)

Player

Especially if your server is selling silver ores for no less than 7-8k/ore.
    (0)
    ~ Paradise Oblivion
    ~ http://po.clancentral.us

Player
    Character
    Dragon Knight
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Blacksmith is very expensive as you constantly use iron up to rank 41. Iron nuggets on cornelia sell for 1.2K-2K each. Then on top of that the shards/crystals. Silver nuggets are selling for 5K each and a 3 per synth it is very expensive. This is why i have started mining my own mats. I would suggets to anyone wanting to seriously take up blacksmith to do mining aswell unless you have millions of gil to waste on mats.
    (0)

Player
    I did the same things you all did. Iron ornamental hammer heads and then silver jav heads at 43 or 44 since I prefer to stay back on old synths as long as possible. Even though they go for 4k an ore on wutai, strangers would cough em up by the stacks for 2k an ore when I shouted to buy. Doblyn hunters can haul silver faster than I can mine it at G5, so that worked out well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn View Post
    Especially if your server is selling silver ores for no less than 7-8k/ore.
    I'll sell you some for 9k a piece.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Zdenka Vaera
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    If you buy silver nuggets for 3k, or silver sand for 2.5k the resale of Silver Javelin Heads breaks out slightly under even after HQ's assuming you make the majority of your synths.

But that doesn't include shard cost (12 wind 9 fire). If you look at that its around 3k gil per synth loss after all said and done.

You do these from 40 to 50, and my estimate on shard usage for that entire stretch is about 30,000 of each, or roughly 8 million loss.

Again if you farm the ores yourself, you save the cost mats + gain money from resale. That 8m will turn into ~3m loss if you go that route and again that cost can even be brought down by trading shards or desynthing the crystals yourself.

Then again, farming up cash in this game is ridiculously easy (150k per day from leves or so if you hunt out good ones) so you might just consider buying if you don't want to take the time to mine... at how fast most ppl craft you'll probably break even doing leves and spending daily leve money on mats.
    (0)

Player
    Yeah I spent about a tricorn a level at the end of GS and BS. Well, 1 or 2 tricorns a level.
    Your estimates are right.
    (0)

Player

At 40 you'll be 5 ranks below Steel Awls (made from 3 steel nuggets(made from 2 bomb ash and iron nug mats). This route is expensive in fire crystals, and the bomb ash you might be forced to farm(nanawa mines 25% rate, I did 150 in 3-4 days), but it pays off through 40 and 41 especially as you get 400-560 per synth with good success:fail ratio. If when 5 below the target synth you use optimal craftsmanship stat and maybe smithy's gloves for control stat, you'll have a great time through those levels. Then at 43 silver javelin heads will be much friendlier to skill on.

I'm sure this route was probably too expensive and I just didn't realize it. I solo'd levels 21-23 on marauder farming the ashes, so it really wasn't bad to farm so many ashes. I would leave the area alone for a good 30 mins then clear it out again. The only competition i had was players on the quest from limsa cooking guild that sent them there to kill 8 bomb embers. I learned how to ask them very quickly and party up if that was the case. Also noteworthy- steel awls NPC for 3,420gil each. I ended up with 2x Steel Awl +1s as well.

edit: looking back, I am glad I did steel in the early 40s, however, it is a good thing I didnt stop farming bomb ashes - steel round knife blade (4x steel nug+1wind/1fire crystals) is the 300SP recipe when you're 49.
    (0)
    Last edited by Loch-Palmcia; 07-09-2011 at 02:05 AM.